Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:09 am
@Fiddler: I don't really know what you ought to do, beyond what Cu said. My depression came almost entirely from other things. Dysphoria from the GID, trauma from a previous abusive relationship and general abandonment issues. I handled my depression by handling the dysphoria and surrounding myself with a good support network of friends to help beat the loneliness.

I'm not sure how to deal with the trauma but I've been talking to my therapist about it.

I know that support groups can be helpful from the simple fact that many times the folks in them have thought of things you haven't thought of yet to help the suckiness. Unless it's a really negative group and then that sucks. x_x

Violet Song jat Shariff

Can people PLEASE stop treating patron deities like ritual tools? They're not ******** Pokemons; you DON'T get to go out and collect them all. It's not about you feeling significant and supr sp3shul.

I almost launched lychee black tea all over my computer from that. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:42 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
Can people PLEASE stop treating patron deities like ritual tools? They're not ******** Pokemons; you DON'T get to go out and collect them all. It's not about you feeling significant and supr sp3shul.

eek whee biggrin xd rofl

Calixti, in the area I live, I can go directly to police intervention.
Keep in mind, once you do this, they might try to claim you are stomping above them, especially if they are @$$hats.
I assume you have actually gone down to their door and requested that they turn the music down. sometimes people are just ignorant, rather than uncivil.

Thank you all for the input on that.
I also wanted to mention it in case anyone else has any queries. I can at least share info directly out of the pamphlet. which has actually seemed far more informative than the doctors. xd  

Fiddlers Green

Calixti

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:49 pm
Fiddlers Green

Calixti, in the area I live, I can go directly to police intervention.
Keep in mind, once you do this, they might try to claim you are stomping above them, especially if they are @$$hats.
I assume you have actually gone down to their door and requested that they turn the music down. sometimes people are just ignorant, rather than uncivil.

Multiple times. Complete with explaining to him that the floor shaking is scaring my cats and the high bass is causing me physical pain by worsening my headaches. Which is why I'm ready to go to the landlord and/or police now, because I'm sick of him insisting it's not too loud and I'm just a silly little girl.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:51 pm
dear gods....why must insurance be so boring.

MUST KEEP STUDYING. GRAD SCHOOL DEPENDS ON IT!  

maenad nuri
Captain

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:24 pm
Calixti
Multiple times. Complete with explaining to him that the floor shaking is scaring my cats and the high bass is causing me physical pain by worsening my headaches. Which is why I'm ready to go to the landlord and/or police now, because I'm sick of him insisting it's not too loud and I'm just a silly little girl.

What are assault laws like in your regio?
Well, you've been reasonable, time to get them kicked out. Any chance of others in your area also complaining?

You can do it Nuri. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:54 pm
The only advice I know to give about depression has pretty much been given... St. John's Wort (my mother took for her Postpartum depression) worked well for her, when she did take them. Exercise and a good healthy diet without sugary snacks or drinks are best to help keep a chemical imbalance sort of thing.
No diet drinks either. Aspartame is a terrible chemical that when gets to room temperature or higher, can become like formaldehyde (embalming fluid) which can also damage your nervous system... and Splenda is similar to Chlorine, but with sugar attached to it, and it can eat through blood vessels if you have enough.

If you want links to the sources for that information, I'll do my best to find them. I believe I found that out in some book my mother had.  

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:11 pm
Taliah
If you want links to the sources for that information, I'll do my best to find them. I believe I found that out in some book my mother had.

can I get those sources? i have a diabetic friend that insists that splenda is safe despite what i tell her.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:16 pm
Taliah
The only advice I know to give about depression has pretty much been given... St. John's Wort (my mother took for her Postpartum depression) worked well for her, when she did take them. Exercise and a good healthy diet without sugary snacks or drinks are best to help keep a chemical imbalance sort of thing.

If there is any orally taken birth control involved, I wouldn't suggest St. John's Wort at all. It's been found to lower to effectiveness of oral contraceptives. And I'd look into it, if any other forms of hormonal birth control are used.

Don't know the sex of the person this advice is for. Just throwing that out there.  

IH_Zero

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:36 pm
For Splenda:
-http://suewidemark.com/splenda.htm
This says something specifically for diabetics right under Safety Concerns, and goes through many other details about it.

For Aspartame:
-http://www.spice-of-life.com/columns/aspartam.html
It details a lot of know hazards as well.

Most of the other websites I found on it were from Yahoo questions or Wiki Answers or something, so not quite as helpful as those. Hopefully knowing all that can help your friend.

@ AngryRobot-
Actually, the person who's asking about the depression is a man. But that's alright though, it's a good bit of knowledge to have out there.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:34 pm
Hey folks, in case you're interested, there are some new food derived SURI's out on the market (for depression). Some are even vegan friendly... not that I'm ever concerned about that... ninja

Might be worth looking into.  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:36 pm
I have just decided to quit the cam.
This will negatively impact on my social life in a big way, as it is practically the only social intercourse I get, either directly or indirectly.
I'm going to need a new gaming group and a new activity thing to do.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:56 pm
Illiezeulette
Taliah

can I get those sources? i have a diabetic friend that insists that splenda is safe despite what i tell her.

Splenda is marketed towards diabetics because it is a sugar substitute. My mother claims it helps with the arthritis as well.

My husband just uses sugar and gives himself more insulin smile  

maenad nuri
Captain

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:17 pm
CuAnnan
I have just decided to quit the cam.
Why's that?

Quote:
I'm going to need a new gaming group and a new activity thing to do.
Plotting to take over the world?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:28 am
I'm actually really glad for any information.
I realized, after going to one of these meetings, that these people need people who understand them, or at least have some common ground. Many seem to get shut in or become very introverted when their D hits. I benefit from good friends who won't let me waste away.
In an odd way, this is also fulfilling my need to be needed.
Any info I can find that can benefit anyone is always appreciated. 3nodding

Quitting the Cam eh?
Well, welcome to the world of free men, rather than numbers. surprised  

Fiddlers Green

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:18 am
Freaking bank scream How can you charge me for overdrafts that didn't happen? That are not reflected in my account at all and then tell me, well just because it hasn't posted doesn't mean that it hasn't left? Isn't that what posted means? scream

I really, really want to hurt someone right now. Unfortunatly the people I want to hurt are on the other end of the phone somewhere and I refuse to hurt just anyone in the vicinity. I have forewarned my co-workers of my foul mood. I almost feal sorry for the next staffer that does something stupid or incompetent.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games