Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:50 pm
I think I'm going to have to go with this exchange as one of the worst things you can say as a debater:
Person 1: "Your definitions for these theological words are wrong."
Persons 2 & 3: "Bring forth the authority that says that our definitions are wrong, especially considering that this use isn't exactly standard across the community in question."
Person 4: "She's not wrong just because her definitions are different. And don't speak for the whole community."

No, seriously. Apparently pointing out that "X is not the only definition accepted across Y community" is now tantamount to "speaking for the whole Y community"? I didn't get that memo either.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:49 am
Someone had to say this eventualy:
'heathen' is the new term for any non-abrahamic religion. Get updated on termanology people.'

HEATHEN IS THE NEW BLACK YA'LL.  

patch99329

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:50 am
The OTO has become nothing more than a neo-Pagan elitist cult, lately, and has strayed from the core teachings of Crowley.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:56 pm
TeaDidikai
The OTO has become nothing more than a neo-Pagan elitist cult, lately, and has strayed from the core teachings of Crowley.

*giggles*

Ok some of them suffer from headupholeitis for sure but really it can't be all of them.  

ShadowSharrow

deito

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:52 pm
You know... Silver Ravenwolf helped me find my past life... I was Cleopatra. Twice.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:50 pm
*blinks*
"I follow a religion that's largely plagiarized from another work. I also follow a system of magical work that's heavily influenced by other religions, even decontextualized actions from those religions. Both of these religions are at most just over a century old. I also claim to be a member of a religion that died out oh, two millennia ago give or take, even though I'm really just a member of a modern re-imagining of the religion. But dammit, Wicca is just stupid because it's young and influenced heavily by other religions and systems."  

Henry Dorsett Case

patch99329

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:08 am
Henry Dorsett Case
*blinks*
"I follow a religion that's largely plagiarized from another work. I also follow a system of magical work that's heavily influenced by other religions, even decontextualized actions from those religions. Both of these religions are at most just over a century old. I also claim to be a member of a religion that died out oh, two millennia ago give or take, even though I'm really just a member of a modern re-imagining of the religion. But dammit, Wicca is just stupid because it's young and influenced heavily by other religions and systems."

B...but...*dies*  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:21 am
patch99329
Henry Dorsett Case
*blinks*

B...but...*dies*
Is now when I call patch names and sling insults at her, then claim I'm just trying to keep this thread on track?  

Henry Dorsett Case

deito

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:58 am
No, now is when we point and laugh... Then you sling and claim thing...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:07 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
*blinks*
Wait....what? *holy crap confused*  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:51 pm
Dragon_Witch_Woman
A particular "Thelemite, Satanist, and Druid".
Satanism - TSB was plagiarized in part from Might is Right. Published in 1969.
Thelema - Includes influences from the work of Francois Rabelais, Francis Dashwood, and Shri Gurudev Mahendranath, all of differing religious backgrounds. Founded in the first decade of the twentieth century.
Druid - I think this one's self-explanatory. IN ARIZONA.

And yet Wicca is too young, takes from too many sources, is "too illogical", and has "too many claims of antiquity" to be a real religion for him.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:06 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
Dragon_Witch_Woman
Satanism - TSB was plagiarized in part from Might is Right. Published in 1969.
Thelema - Includes influences from the work of Francois Rabelais, Francis Dashwood, and Shri Gurudev Mahendranath, all of differing religious backgrounds. Founded in the first decade of the twentieth century.
Druid - I think this one's self-explanatory. IN ARIZONA.

And yet Wicca is too young, takes from too many sources, is "too illogical", and has "too many claims of antiquity" to be a real religion for him.

OH Ok, I think I know to whom you are refuring to now. xd  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

patch99329

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:15 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
Dragon_Witch_Woman

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HPOW MUCH THAT ANNOYS ME.
I've had clashes with him lots of times before about it.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:30 am
"I call The Morrigan as my Earth Mother"

::gasp:: eek . . . How do you even make that connection, lol.

Ashaelia Caeruisce

7,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100

ShadowSharrow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:13 am
Naomi Kuiveya
"I call The Morrigan as my Earth Mother"

::gasp:: eek . . . How do you even make that connection, lol.

LINK please, pretty please.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games