Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
British Gaians... show your faces! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 137 138 139 140 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:55 pm
eek

Wow. I don't think we've had a real live chav in here before.

Do you still drink tea?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:57 am
Panthino the Moth
Invictus_88
I say, fickle. That's rather a strong sort of signature. Impressively so.

It was on QI. surprised

Well done! It seemed the next step from the apartheid qoute.

I don't like chavs, someone got stabbed the other night in town and we were there just in time to see the police photographing the wet blood. It made me feel so unsafe.  

ficklefiend
Crew

Emmanuela

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:54 am
ice_illusion
Emmanuela
And yes, they do get a bit painful after a while.. I still have memories of doing work experience in four inch heels... *shudder*

I'm intrigued, what sort of work experience was it?

Nice shoes btw. And I like your floor.
I got some 3 inch wedges recently. Very comfortable, except for the price, which was less so.

In a library, and you wouldn't have thought that needed so much walking up and down. However, we were moving books to the periodicals room upstairs from the main reading room because they were having the Victorian heating system redone because it was, frankly, crap. Also, I had to bring phd thesises upstairs from the first floor. They way to get to the thesis room was via this long spiral staircase inside a turret! (not joking, it's part of the university and was build in the early Victorian Gothic era, therefore there are loads of big arches, spiral staircases and turrets). It was an amazing building though!

Thank you! (for both!)

Ah, mine were reduced from £50 to £16! I love january salesXD  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:17 am
Here I am with the Sproglet.
User Image  

Rev.Matt

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:05 pm
Awww wow, she's so lovely.
Congratulations once again.

Emmanuela - Library, that's ok. It sounded a bit worrying. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:24 am
Emmanuela
ice_illusion
Emmanuela
And yes, they do get a bit painful after a while.. I still have memories of doing work experience in four inch heels... *shudder*

I got some 3 inch wedges recently. Very comfortable, except for the price, which was less so.

In a library, and you wouldn't have thought that needed so much walking up and down. However, we were moving books to the periodicals room upstairs from the main reading room because they were having the Victorian heating system redone because it was, frankly, crap. Also, I had to bring phd thesises upstairs from the first floor. They way to get to the thesis room was via this long spiral staircase inside a turret! (not joking, it's part of the university and was build in the early Victorian Gothic era, therefore there are loads of big arches, spiral staircases and turrets). It was an amazing building though!

Thank you! (for both!)

I did my work experience in a library too, high five.

It wasn't a public library though, it was Christ Church College library. And I spent my whole time sorting out archives of ancient glass plate negatives.

I didn't wear four inch heels.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:40 am
Lady of Spain
Emmanuela
ice_illusion
Emmanuela

Thank you! (for both!)

It wasn't a public library though, it was Christ Church College library. And I spent my whole time sorting out archives of ancient glass plate negatives.

I love glass plate negatives, there used to be stacks of them in a downstairs room of my great-grandmothers' house. They were rather fascinating, though I suspect having to archive them is a little less fun.

But, oh Julian! You should have!

wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:12 am
Rev.Matt
Here I am with the Sproglet.

whee BIG GUSHY GIRLIE "Aaaaawwwww" whee  

ficklefiend
Crew

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:38 am
Lady of Spain
Emmanuela

Thank you! (for both!)

I got to archive ship sonars at my work experiance. Museum ftw. Sorting books was quite fun but I didn't really like afternoon I spent in the library.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:52 am
Invictus_88
Lady of Spain
Emmanuela
ice_illusion
Emmanuela

Thank you! (for both!)

I love glass plate negatives, there used to be stacks of them in a downstairs room of my great-grandmothers' house. They were rather fascinating, though I suspect having to archive them is a little less fun.

But, oh Julian! You should have!

wink

It had its moments. I recall there was one with a picture/diagram of a medieval siege weapon, a sort of windmill-like thing that hurled beehives at the enemy.

On the subject of shoes, I have a pair of really crap shoes that cost about £20...they look on first appearance like fine Italian leather, only after having had them for about two months, the soles are coming off, the seams are going white (on black leather, not a good thing at all...) and there's a hole in one of the soles which sucks up water when it's wet.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Emmanuela

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:54 pm
It was actually surprisingly fun as it was part of the University and there were loads of random interesting people there. Also, the books were sorted differently to the dewy system and so finding things was a little tricky, I had to sing the alphabet to myself every time I had to reshelf books!

Haha, ice_illusion, where did you think I was working?XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:32 pm
Emmanuela
It was actually surprisingly fun as it was part of the University and there were loads of random interesting people there. Also, the books were sorted differently to the dewy system and so finding things was a little tricky, I had to sing the alphabet to myself every time I had to reshelf books!

Yes, I did a bit of shelving in Christ Church library and it was epic. Of course they don't use the Dewy system, they have something far superior and more academic, which is documented in this vast tome I kept having to delve into to find where to keep things.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Princess Ju-On

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:19 pm
Invictus_88
eek

Do you still drink tea?
'Course. It's yummy. whee  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:05 am
Birmingham
Invictus_88
eek

Do you still drink tea?
'Course. It's yummy. whee

Ah, good show.

All is not lost then, there is yet hope for this country!

Invictus_88
Captain

Rev.Matt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:53 am
Land of hope and glory.
That's us.
God, I love this country.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 137 138 139 140 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games