Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
Hurdur, its a chat thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 901 902 903 904 905 906 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:02 pm
Tezca Frost
Chixen
Sorry to butt in on the convo, but while there are a lot of stupid people that do end up in the hospital that are diabetic, you'd be surprised how many end up there because they didn't know what went wrong. Most of the reoccurring cases are people who simply did not understand, did not receive clear instructions, or were given the wrong instructions when sent home with their new meds. Had a problem with a hispanic male patient that kept on coming back in the hospital because of diabetic problems. Turns out no one bothered to ask him if he wanted his medication instructions in spanish.
:/
Got a medical translator to help and the guy has been taking care of himself ever since.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:12 pm
Oh my god.

First junkfood in weeks.

Maybe a couple of months.

Oh god.

gonk heart  

Genea

Crew

Sexy Glitch

Troll Djinn

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:26 pm
Slick Southpaw
Tezca Frost
Chixen
Sorry to butt in on the convo, but while there are a lot of stupid people that do end up in the hospital that are diabetic, you'd be surprised how many end up there because they didn't know what went wrong. Most of the reoccurring cases are people who simply did not understand, did not receive clear instructions, or were given the wrong instructions when sent home with their new meds. Had a problem with a hispanic male patient that kept on coming back in the hospital because of diabetic problems. Turns out no one bothered to ask him if he wanted his medication instructions in spanish.
Got a medical translator to help and the guy has been taking care of himself ever since.

I'm not all that surprised was certain there had to be cases like that. Everything needs to be clearer for certain people. Did this man speak English or only Spanish? Either way that should have been one of the first things asked even more so after the 2nd time coming back.

Well that's good people taking care of themselves is always nice to hear.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:28 pm
Tezca Frost
Slick Southpaw
Tezca Frost
Chixen

I'm not all that surprised was certain there had to be cases like that. Everything needs to be clearer for certain people. Did this man speak English or only Spanish? Either way that should have been one of the first things asked even more so after the 2nd time coming back.

Well that's good people taking care of themselves is always nice to hear.

It's really sad, especially in the ICU what things can get overlooked. He spoke fairly decent English, and assumptions were made, and that's what ended up happening. Even though nurses are supposed to be advocates for their patients, supposed to be teaching their patients about what needs to be done and how, and why, it doesn't always happen.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Genea

Crew

Sexy Glitch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:47 pm
Factory reset my phone. Kept locking up if the screen had been off for a while.

Psh if it keeps this up, I'm taking it in and complaaaaining. :6 I updated the firmware last night, btw. Hopefully this reset will fix it.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:30 pm
Slick Southpaw
Oh, I'm not arguing that. I know the regular hospitals in particular sometimes don't have staff that know very much about the disease too, I had some nurses give me not entirely accurate information when I was diagnosed at 13. It helped that I went to teaching sessions at a children's hospital for a week afterward, but I imagine not everyone gets that kind of care, especially adults. Good to hear that the guy in your case was finally able to get the help he needs, that sounds like a horrible ordeal to go through.  

Chixen

Sweet Witch

BiaA

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:41 am
Seriously circle lenses are so creepy, they're the japanese equivalent of orange tan and duck face.

/ramdomstupidpost  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:12 am
Dropped a large whack of money on some white solo HD beats.

Feel like a bit of a gimp for buying them, but I do like the sound they make, and they're a hell of a lot prettier than anything else I've been eyeing off.  

Genea

Crew

Sexy Glitch

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:54 am
BiaA
Seriously circle lenses are so creepy, they're the japanese equivalent of orange tan and duck face.

/ramdomstupidpost
omg that is hella creepy e.e  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:37 am
My grandma's foot is kinda messed up but not broken luckily. I'm going out to do some stuff with my mom though.  

Magnificent Moonbeam

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Troll Djinn

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:45 am
WOO Pay day!

How is everyone today?
BiaA that is rather creepy to say the least.

Genea that sucks about phone thing should take it back.

Beam Well good things its not broken for sure have fun doing stuff.

Chixen Well thats good they offered this informational for you and at 13 sounds pretty young to me to be diagnosed for it,but its probably not id assume! Oh btw did you sugar levels stabilize?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:02 am
BiaA

/ramdomstupidpost
8]
I think the Bad Romance Lady Gaga Eye tutorial is hella crazier. It goes from cute to uncanny valley.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Chixen

Sweet Witch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:22 am
Tezca Frost
Chixen Well thats good they offered this informational for you and at 13 sounds pretty young to me to be diagnosed for it,but its probably not id assume! Oh btw did you sugar levels stabilize?
I have type 1 diabetes, which usually occurs in children although I have met a couple adults who got it later in life. I think I just had a genetic susceptibility to it, and something in my environment triggered it since there were a couple kids in my area who got the disease as well not long after it happened to me, which seemed a bit odd. I was taught how to handle the disease alongside a couple who had a two year old who was diagnosed with it.

And yeah, I feel a lot a better now.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:36 am
Chixen
Tezca Frost
I have type 1 diabetes, which usually occurs in children although I have met a couple adults who got it later in life. I think I just had a genetic susceptibility to it, and something in my environment triggered it since there were a couple kids in my area who got the disease as well not long after it happened to me, which seemed a bit odd. I was taught how to handle the disease alongside a couple who had a two year old who was diagnosed with it.

And yeah, I feel a lot a better now.
I figured you were type one for some reason, yeah I know some people who recently were diagnosed with type 1. That seems possible, Wow that seems to unlikely for coincidence thats for sure wonder what though triggered it. Thats great to learn at a younger age so not to make mistakes like that one person you said seizure for not taking care of herself.

Glad its back to normal then =3  

Troll Djinn

Shapeshifter

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:09 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGjHsLnUO1U

/makes unholy noises

I've been waiting for a new studio killers video forever kjsgdjkld

everyone go watch and enjoy  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 901 902 903 904 905 906 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games