Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:45 am
Angels Sonata
Kaori Kapoigne
Angels Sonata
Kaori Kapoigne
Angels Sonata
Well, after just finishing Atlas Infernal, I wish I could travel back in time and tell myself not to buy it. Took me three weeks to finish.
We've got a pile of books from that guy. He actually binned most of them in disgust, leaving only Atlas.
I might have low standards, but I've never had a bad book from Black Library until Atlas Infernal. Really bland, two dimensional characters in my opinion.
You like Goto and Soulban? eek
I haven't read those. Which books are they?
Rob Sanders is a great (?) addition to the now unholy trinity of rubbish authors that plague Black Library. Goto did the Dawn of War novels and a truly horrendous Eldar novel involving rape. Soulban is a boring git who turned Necromunda into generic cyberpunk and wrote a Tallarn story as "Jihad in Spaaaaaace" Now Rob is plain boring. Redemption Corps I threw out after I was halfway through, the plot was still going nowhere in a hurry and I'm reluctant to pick up Atlas Infernal.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:51 am
Lt. Brookman
Angels Sonata
Kaori Kapoigne
Angels Sonata
Kaori Kapoigne
Angels Sonata
Well, after just finishing Atlas Infernal, I wish I could travel back in time and tell myself not to buy it. Took me three weeks to finish.
We've got a pile of books from that guy. He actually binned most of them in disgust, leaving only Atlas.
I might have low standards, but I've never had a bad book from Black Library until Atlas Infernal. Really bland, two dimensional characters in my opinion.
Rob Sanders is a great (?) addition to the now unholy trinity of rubbish authors that plague Black Library. Goto did the Dawn of War novels and a truly horrendous Eldar novel involving rape. Soulban is a boring git who turned Necromunda into generic cyberpunk and wrote a Tallarn story as "Jihad in Spaaaaaace" Now Rob is plain boring. Redemption Corps I threw out after I was halfway through, the plot was still going nowhere in a hurry and I'm reluctant to pick up Atlas Infernal.
Hmm great isn't an word I would use. I've read the first Dawn of War book from Goto, it wasn't bad, nothing I would call abysmal but not the worse. I've not read Desert Raiders, I might buy Hammer of the Emperor. I'm a little nervous with Rob Sanders and Legion of the Damned. I love the Space Marine Battle series.  

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:53 am
Angels Sonata
Lt. Brookman
Angels Sonata
Kaori Kapoigne
Angels Sonata
Hmm great isn't an word I would use. I've read the first Dawn of War book from Goto, it wasn't bad, nothing I would call abysmal but not the worse. I've not read Desert Raiders, I might buy Hammer of the Emperor. I'm a little nervous with Rob Sanders and Legion of the Damned. I love the Space Marine Battle series.
Pffft, I have all Marine battle books and to date I've only finished one of them, Gav's entry, the rest is just.. meeeeh. Though this could be me on a 40k burnout.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:58 am
Lt. Brookman
Angels Sonata
Lt. Brookman
Angels Sonata
Kaori Kapoigne
Angels Sonata
Pffft, I have all Marine battle books and to date I've only finished one of them, Gav's entry, the rest is just.. meeeeh. Though this could be me on a 40k burnout.
I have all except Catechism of Hate, but I've read all the books. I've really enjoyed the series. My biggest surprise was The Gildar Rift  

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:12 am
Angels Sonata
Lt. Brookman
Angels Sonata
Lt. Brookman
Angels Sonata
I have all except Catechism of Hate, but I've read all the books. I've really enjoyed the series. My biggest surprise was The Gildar Rift
I'll finish them eventually, when I feel like it. The way things are going these days, not any time soon. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:28 am
Lt. Brookman
Angels Sonata
Lt. Brookman
Angels Sonata
Lt. Brookman
Angels Sonata
I'll finish them eventually, when I feel like it. The way things are going these days, not any time soon. sweatdrop
Admittedly it has taken me a long time to read some books. I have Blood for the Blood God, I brought it a few years ago at Games Day, still haven't finished it. The same with Mechanicum and Enforcer.  

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:34 am
Angels Sonata
Admittedly it has taken me a long time to read some books. I have Blood for the Blood God, I brought it a few years ago at Games Day, still haven't finished it. The same with Mechanicum and Enforcer.
Agreed, my own BL backlog is erm, a pile of two dozen books. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:37 am
Lt. Brookman
Angels Sonata
Agreed, my own BL backlog is erm, a pile of two dozen books. sweatdrop
Those are the longest books dating back. There are more I have. I've started to read Legion, then I'll go onto the Second Blood Angels omnibus, and if it is true, the Soul Drinkers omnibus when it arrives.  

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:37 am
Angels Sonata
They're great for burning.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:38 am
Kaori Kapoigne
Angels Sonata
Most are signed, I wouldn't want to burn them just yet  

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:00 am
Angels Sonata
Kaori Kapoigne
Angels Sonata
You have books signed by Goto? gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:07 am
Kaori Kapoigne
Angels Sonata
Kaori Kapoigne
Angels Sonata
You have books signed by Goto? gonk
Just dawn of war, it was a science fiction event in my area. Goto was one of the authors in attendance.  

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:56 am
Guess I'd better start on KNOW. NO. FEAR. emotion_zzz  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:20 am
Lt. Brookman
Finished it yesterday, and it's a fantastic book.  

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:24 am
Angels Sonata
Lt. Brookman
Finished it yesterday, and it's a fantastic book.
Ultras talk weird.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games