Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vigilia

Vigilia

Captain

Trash Hero

38,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:20 pm
Shadow - Dragon
Can you combine Self-Destruct and Explosion with Focus Sash? So blow up but Focus Sash leaves you with 1 HP? What about Sturdy?

No, focus sash and sturdy do not prevent fainting from self destruct and explosion.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:33 pm
SpectralEternity

This. Back from the trick-or-treating in the Halloween event... Are we allowed to pick a crystal shard if we don't want the shiny pokemon in the case of rolling the shiny?  

Vigilia

Vigilia

Captain

Trash Hero

38,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

amarzyciel

Merry Traveler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:05 am
Indeciisiive Wolkova

question about pokerus
- can it spread infection?
- the exp roll, is it the amount it earned for each pokemon it defeat or simply bonus?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:12 am
amarzyciel
Indeciisiive Wolkova

question about pokerus
- the exp roll, is it the amount it earned for each pokemon it defeat or simply bonus?

It is not spreadable sadly.

It's simply a bonus. There is no special requirement needed for your Pokemon to earn the rewarded Exp.  

IndecisiveWolk
Vice Captain

Charitable Wolf

13,575 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Invisibility 100

amarzyciel

Merry Traveler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:25 am
Indeciisiive Wolkova
amarzyciel
Indeciisiive Wolkova

question about pokerus

It is not spreadable sadly.

It's simply a bonus. There is no special requirement needed for your Pokemon to earn the rewarded Exp.

I see, thanks for the answer  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:04 am
Thank you for new years events! Happy new years!

I wanted to ask, if I roll pokerus for Takumi, is it okay if I only include his vulpix and natu in the roll because he is going to send his other pokemon away in his next post, or do I have to post having him take them out of his party first? I just haven't posted in a long time because I am waiting for star to come back 3nodding and I wanted to let you guys know that the level 5 snivy that takumi hadn't claimed yet I'm going to give to Riley instead dramallama  

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:58 pm
TheWhiteDragonfly
Thank you for new years events! Happy new years!

I wanted to ask, if I roll pokerus for Takumi, is it okay if I only include his vulpix and natu in the roll because he is going to send his other pokemon away in his next post, or do I have to post having him take them out of his party first? I just haven't posted in a long time because I am waiting for star to come back 3nodding and I wanted to let you guys know that the level 5 snivy that takumi hadn't claimed yet I'm going to give to Riley instead dramallama

Of course! And Happy New Years to you!

I'm actually not sure if you can roll with an incomplete team, if there are other pokemon available, because otherwise people could just have their characters temporarily switch to having a team of just whatever pokemon they wanted, and skew the odds...

Not all the mods are on right now, though, so I'll try and discuss it with them and get back to you as soon as possible : )  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:52 pm
Vigilia
SpectralEternity

This. Back from the trick-or-treating in the Halloween event... Are we allowed to pick a crystal shard if we don't want the shiny pokemon in the case of rolling the shiny?

Yes, that is perfectly fine.  

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100

blue carnal love

Daring Galaxy

10,625 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Daring Investigator 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:03 pm
I rolled Grotle's number in the New Years mystery egg thing. Could I forfeit the Eviolite Cheria has in her possession to make it a Turtwig instead? If not, that's fine! I was just curious. :3  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:09 am
Jewel of Antares
I rolled Grotle's number in the New Years mystery egg thing. Could I forfeit the Eviolite Cheria has in her possession to make it a Turtwig instead? If not, that's fine! I was just curious. :3

actually, you can just claim it as turtwig.
In the new years first post, it is explained that if you roll an evolution, if you wish, you may take the first evo of that line if you'd prefer.
o 3o also i think you mean everstone? That would work too, if you'd prefer. Either way, you are capable of getting a Turtwig out of it.  

Vigilia

Vigilia

Captain

Trash Hero

38,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Lia Syuki
Crew

Ice-Cold Rogue

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:08 am
Bleh, can't seem to word this question right without an example, so here goes.

Say Sable encountered some nasty NPC thug, generated with posts, that challenged her to a battle. Say this hypothetical thug has five pokemon, all in the late teens for level. Battle goes on, both sides are losing pokemon. Sable manages to knock down the first four pokemon generated for this random thug, but the thug has also managed to take out five of her six team members. All she has left in her active party is her joltik, which, at level five, obviously won't stand a chance against this guy's last pokemon, but her inactive party has some strong pokemon in it. Since this match is against a thug instead of some nice or average guy, Sable wouldn't want to risk tossing out the tiny bug, but she also doesn't want to end the fight without sending out one last pokemon, so she'd then turn to her out of party pokemon.

Now, obviously, in this scenario, as soon as she sends out that pokemon, whatever it is, the NPC battle is forfeited since she's not using an active pokemon anymore and, typically, you're not allowed to use inactive pokemon to battle. She's just wrapping it up for RP purposes. But while obviously her pokemon wouldn't get anything from that fifth opponent, what about the previous four her team knocked out? Would her pokemon gain the experience from them, or would the points from those four pokemon also disappear once she, mechanics-wise, forfeits?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:43 pm
Is it okay to use everstones on pokemon that we caught, traded for, or received from an event, in their evolved forms?
Like if I caught a machamp or traded for one or got one from the horoscope and wanted to register machoke and machop in my pokedex could I use the everstone for it.

Or what about for pokemon that you can only get from breeding (like munchlax or azumarill are examples I think) is it okay to use everstone to get them?  

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:44 pm
So Simon lives in Kiloude City as part of his background which is currently closed so to move his story along I created a 'secret base' that leads to his backyard/house area. Technically the train does connect to the Lumiose station but it's not listed, is it okay for my post to show that he and his sister takes a train from Kiloude to Lumiose or should they just fly or something?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:19 am
Lia Syuki
Bleh, can't seem to word this question right without an example, so here goes.

Say Sable encountered some nasty NPC thug, generated with posts, that challenged her to a battle. Say this hypothetical thug has five pokemon, all in the late teens for level. Battle goes on, both sides are losing pokemon. Sable manages to knock down the first four pokemon generated for this random thug, but the thug has also managed to take out five of her six team members. All she has left in her active party is her joltik, which, at level five, obviously won't stand a chance against this guy's last pokemon, but her inactive party has some strong pokemon in it. Since this match is against a thug instead of some nice or average guy, Sable wouldn't want to risk tossing out the tiny bug, but she also doesn't want to end the fight without sending out one last pokemon, so she'd then turn to her out of party pokemon.

Now, obviously, in this scenario, as soon as she sends out that pokemon, whatever it is, the NPC battle is forfeited since she's not using an active pokemon anymore and, typically, you're not allowed to use inactive pokemon to battle. She's just wrapping it up for RP purposes. But while obviously her pokemon wouldn't get anything from that fifth opponent, what about the previous four her team knocked out? Would her pokemon gain the experience from them, or would the points from those four pokemon also disappear once she, mechanics-wise, forfeits?

That's kind of tricky, since that is technically against battle rules, but... I would say that anything like that that's done for rp purposes, and not rewards, you don't have to worry about post counts. You can just say that the 15 posts for an NPC encounter went to those first four pokemon.

So yeah, so long as no exp is being gained from that battle, doing something like that would probably be fine : )

TheWhiteDragonfly
Is it okay to use everstones on pokemon that we caught, traded for, or received from an event, in their evolved forms?
Like if I caught a machamp or traded for one or got one from the horoscope and wanted to register machoke and machop in my pokedex could I use the everstone for it.

Or what about for pokemon that you can only get from breeding (like munchlax or azumarill are examples I think) is it okay to use everstone to get them?

That's probably fine, though we may have to take a look at it if people start really abusing it for all the pokedex achievements. For the most part, though, so long as it's only every now and then, that would be a valid way to use it : )

Shadow - Dragon
So Simon lives in Kiloude City as part of his background which is currently closed so to move his story along I created a 'secret base' that leads to his backyard/house area. Technically the train does connect to the Lumiose station but it's not listed, is it okay for my post to show that he and his sister takes a train from Kiloude to Lumiose or should they just fly or something?

So long as you have the qualifications for Fly (the badge, and a pokemon with the move with the trainer), you can say they traveled however you want : ) If a pokemon isn't with Simon, though, the train wouldn't be accessible since it's not actually a part of the guild.  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:39 am
Loonamist

I do and the Pokemon will always be with Simon but isn't it only not part of the guild because Kiloude City isn't done yet?  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games