Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:41 am
I can understand that sentiment all too well. That's why I went all out when I built my current rig two years ago, just so I could play Dawn of War 2 without it groaning and cracking everywhere. It has actually bumped my 360 from its throne as primary gaming device.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:44 am
Ah yeah. I would have been tempted to have updated my PC by now, if it weren't for so many PC games I've bought which would fit my PC on paper, but didn't actually work for some reason or another when it came to the crunch.  

Marcus McFlufferson

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:47 am
I've always been more of a PC gamer, hence the choice to buy certain games for the PC and not the 360, such as Modern Warfare 2 and uhm.. huh. Guess that's a short list.

Well, the 360 just had a smashing Arcade game released: Toy Soldiers, so I wouldn't worry about it going without good games any time soon.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:18 pm
Lt. Brookman
Metro 2033 is shaping up as the game that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was supposed to be.

Okay, that sounded odd.

I'll be looking forward to Metro though, I'm even tracking down an English translation of the novel.

What what what?!!!

I have only ever seen the cover art and declared it s**t.

Now I have to investigate because I played through the Russian only versions of STALKER Call of Pripyat because I love the STALKER series so.

Edit: An I am also a Pc Gamer first and foremost. But I do have a 360 for some titles which just work better on 360. (Sports games, driving games imo.) I do however have a 360 controller with a USB cable just in case I want to use my PC for a console port.  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:30 pm
Some games play better on a console, as an example, one of my all-time favourites ever: Saints Row 2. I've got it on 360 and the PC, but it plays best on the 360.

As for S.T.A.L.K.E.R., there's an English version on Steam I think.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:13 pm
I'm getting around to that eventually. But damn. I love the STALKER series.

Hm an I don't know. I don't think Metro 2033 is going to be what STALKER wanted to be.

However I do think both will be similar. I think that this one has more of a FEAR paranormal aspect to it then STALKER has.

There's also one thing to remember and that is that STALKER isn't about an apocalypse. Considering the Zone is strictly limited to the Chernobyl incident.

Either way looks to scare the s**t out of me. I'll probobly enjoy it very much.  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:40 pm
Yeah. I think STALKER had more of an RPG/detective thing about it. They seem to have made a point of Metro being strictly an action shooter.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:00 pm
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. had great atmosphere and setting, the combat was ball hard and the game itself is buggy as hell, which is a shame, seeing as it had a lot going for itself. I might replay it some day, that special edition owes that much. emo  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:29 pm
I had 0 bug issues with Call of Pripyat and overall I thought that one was much much better then the first AND Clear sky.

I'd recommend you play that one.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:50 pm
So not to burst anyones bubble but
http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14352256/warhammer-40000-space-marine/videos/spacemarine_trl_battle_52709.html
ya, its for both 360 and ps3  

Trainu

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:23 pm
I don't think that any of us here care at all about 360 V PS3... Jus' sayin'.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:43 am
I don't really understand what you're trying to show us here that we haven't all already seen?  

Marcus McFlufferson

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:01 am
I don't really get at all how the whole PS3 v 360 crept into this. Well rest assured, info for both versions will be unveiled at the E3, with the odd screenshot here and there. In fact, there are two screens of the game a page or two back.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:43 pm
Lt. Brookman
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. had great atmosphere and setting, the combat was ball hard and the game itself is buggy as hell, which is a shame, seeing as it had a lot going for itself. I might replay it some day, that special edition owes that much. emo

there is the Zone Reclamation Project an unofficial patch

what went about fixing a lot of the bugs.  

Glorious Leader Luna

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:59 pm
Bad Company 2 handles smoothly, the graphics are beautiful, and the content is pretty slick. Squadding up makes all the difference in survivability, especially when you're working with a team of people that know your playstyle. Two thumbs up.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games