Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
The Deep Space 9 Cafe and Vortex Bar! (Come join us!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lindira
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:29 pm
Rigu Ryu
The penguin's back! w00t!

And guess what? I'm writing a ST book! Hooray-ness!
I'm on chpater three, and I have no clue what in Q's name I'm doing. ^_^

Wow! That's so cool! It's okay if you don't know what you're doing. It's fun that way. 3nodding Oh! You have to have some coffee! Coffee is a writer's best friend. *leaves and comes back with a cup of raktajino* Great for those sudden bursts of inspiration in the middle of the night. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:39 pm
Lindira
Rigu Ryu

Wow! That's so cool! It's okay if you don't know what you're doing. It's fun that way. 3nodding Oh! You have to have some coffee! Coffee is a writer's best friend. *leaves and comes back with a cup of raktajino* Great for those sudden bursts of inspiration in the middle of the night. whee
*laughs* Thanks. *takes a sip* Hey, this is pretty good.

As for sudden midnight bursts of creativity- considering that my parents' room is right next to where we keep the computer, I'd better keep those to a minimum. ^_^  

Rigu Ryu

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:49 pm
Rigu Ryu
Lindira
Rigu Ryu

As for sudden midnight bursts of creativity- considering that my parents' room is right next to where we keep the computer, I'd better keep those to a minimum. ^_^
Keep a Pen and PAd of Paper handy. My computer is in my room, but I have had my computer crash on me more than once while in the middle of novelizing. Bad, Bad Stuff. xp  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:26 pm
Takai_desu_yo
Rigu Ryu
Lindira
Rigu Ryu

Keep a Pen and PAd of Paper handy. My computer is in my room, but I have had my computer crash on me more than once while in the middle of novelizing. Bad, Bad Stuff. xp
This is why I also e-mail my stuff to myself. And to people I that I think will care. (Although the pen and paper isn't a bad idea. I would've done the whole thing on paper, but writing stuff in longhand is just so... tedious.)  

Rigu Ryu

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:31 pm
Quote:
This is why I also e-mail my stuff to myself. And to people I that I think will care. (Although the pen and paper isn't a bad idea. I would've done the whole thing on paper, but writing stuff in longhand is just so... tedious.)
nah, that's not what I meant. I have only lost Data once in a Crash, it's pretty rare. But what I'm talking about is when the Document program freezes. You'll just be ticka-typing away, and all of a sudden your program stops responding. That's when you start screaming obscenitys. That's also why I have a few stacks of Notepads by my Bed.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:01 pm
Lindira, is there any fresh qagh around?
I'm a bit hungry wink  

Maddy
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25

Scatflipza

Shirtless Explorer

6,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:30 pm
jamie1295
Jamie stepped into the bar, his rifle clanging against his body armor. He walks over to the bar. "Yo! Can I please get a thing of Root Beer?" He turns to Scatflipza. "And what are you?" he asked her poilitely.
Polite or not, the question took her aback and she thought about the question for a long time before answering.
She watched the boys talk about their nasty little rifles. How she hated guns!
*What was she?* What kind of question was that? Was he asking about her race or beliefs? It made her angry just thinking about it. Sentient beings in this day and age asking that sort of question.
She kept her mouth shut lest she say something she might regret.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:00 pm
hm. That brings up a thought. Hey, Jamie, what are you?  

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

Lindira
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:19 pm
Hi Maddy! Sorry for the wait. I'll get you some gagh right away! *goes into the kitchen and comes back with a plate of squirming food* There you are. I think this a spunky batch!

Um... sweatdrop I'll get you another bowl of warm milk, Scatflipza. And maybe some tuna?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:23 pm
Takai_desu_yo
Quote:
nah, that's not what I meant. I have only lost Data once in a Crash, it's pretty rare. But what I'm talking about is when the Document program freezes. You'll just be ticka-typing away, and all of a sudden your program stops responding. That's when you start screaming obscenitys. That's also why I have a few stacks of Notepads by my Bed.

Ha! I keep notepads by my bed too. Or I used to till I moved. And I hate it when the programs freeze! That's also happened while writing a 10-page paper at 4am. Really not cool when it freezes and you haven't saved in about 2 pages... gonk

When I was in high school, I used to write my stories in notebooks. Then when I started using my computer more, I had to transcribe them all. REALLY tedious.  

Lindira
Crew

Scatflipza

Shirtless Explorer

6,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:04 pm
Lindira
Hi Maddy! Sorry for the wait. I'll get you some gagh right away! *goes into the kitchen and comes back with a plate of squirming food* There you are. I think this a spunky batch!

Um... sweatdrop I'll get you another bowl of warm milk, Scatflipza. And maybe some tuna?
Grinning at Lindira, she perked her ears and nodded.
"Thanks! You definitely know how to spoil me... I appreciate it a lot."
Suddenly, a thoughtful look crossed her face.
"Say, is this all going on my tab?"
whee
Listening to the conversation between Takai and Lindira, she nodded to various points.
"As a Chronicler, I am used to writing down things by hand. I always have a paper and pen with me in case I feel the need to write. Me-ow."
((By the way, I hope you do not mind the change in RP styles. I found I like RPing this way better. I actually do carry around a small notebook and sketchpad with me where ever I go.))  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:26 pm
mmm, squirmy food... yummy.

Thanks, Lindira.

And speaking of freezing programs, I tend to write in my computer, but I use the "Block de Notas" (I think is called notebook in English) that comes with Windows. It works better and doesn't freeze. Then, I copy and past to Word if needed.  

Maddy
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25

Lindira
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:02 pm
Scatflipza
Grinning at Lindira, she perked her ears and nodded.
"Thanks! You definitely know how to spoil me... I appreciate it a lot."
Suddenly, a thoughtful look crossed her face.
"Say, is this all going on my tab?"
whee
Listening to the conversation between Takai and Lindira, she nodded to various points.
"As a Chronicler, I am used to writing down things by hand. I always have a paper and pen with me in case I feel the need to write. Me-ow."
((By the way, I hope you do not mind the change in RP styles. I found I like RPing this way better. I actually do carry around a small notebook and sketchpad with me where ever I go.))

*grins back and brings over the bowl of warm milk and a plate of tuna* Just trying to anticipate my customers' needs! Enjoy! Oh, and there's no tab. I figure this establishment works on the Federation system. 3nodding I hate money. Bleah! xp

It's okay. I'm not very good at RPing either. I'm really only RPing when I'm serving food! lol. whee  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:04 pm
Maddy

Thanks, Lindira.

And speaking of freezing programs, I tend to write in my computer, but I use the "Block de Notas" (I think is called notebook in English) that comes with Windows. It works better and doesn't freeze. Then, I copy and past to Word if needed.

That's a good idea. I don't know why I've never used Notepad for writing before. I guess I like the formatting options you get with Word. I like it when things indent like they're supposed to. xd  

Lindira
Crew

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:31 am
Lindira
Maddy

Thanks, Lindira.

That's a good idea. I don't know why I've never used Notepad for writing before. I guess I like the formatting options you get with Word. I like it when things indent like they're supposed to. xd
My Computer would just randomly freeze. I found out that I had a bad RAM card later on, but I still don't do all that on my Computer. If it's worth keeping for an extended amount of time, I'll just type it up later when I have a chance.  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff