Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drachyench

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:15 pm
fumitsuki
DarkElf27
I want to see a space marine with a power fist holding Master Chief up by the neck with the MC's feet dangling... sorry, 1vs1, a space marine would beat Master Chief any day. 3nodding

yes...death to master cheif blaugh

Here is a old thread(now archived) containing a whole voting of who is stronger.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:45 pm
You have given me a purpose in life! eek

*scurries away to make plans for killed MC by space marine*  

Seraphine-Exalted

Kamika.Z

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:40 pm
I checked out that old thread, the voters were just wrong, a Marine would own a Spartan.

Though I may be somewhat biased.

Also, I think Halo is vastly overrated, I completed the first one, and I thought it was boring, and had a very weak plot.
Haven't played the second, and probably never will, there's plenty of far better FPS games around, give me Postal2 anyday.
(Sorry forthe subject deviation.)  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:31 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Ophiuchus

Ophiuchus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:04 am
Okay, my chaplain bits arrived today. The legion of the damned sergeant actually has a bionic arm, which is nice if I wanted to take bionics as wargear.. But it also looks rather skeletal... Which improves the whole chaplain feel to the model greatly... The Crozius wasn't that hard. Cut the pole at the right angle, and it looks like he's holding it.
I left the bottom of the sword on the hand - it isn't a normal handle, it's a little skull... Which suits the crozius well.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:27 pm
Looks like I missed your initial post, otherwise I'd have posted my method of converting a plastic chappy.
You Need

Khorne Berzerker plastic skull helmet, a 'Zerker Bolt Pistol arm, and the arm holding the chainsword at an angle (there's only one on the sprue, its impossible to miss). Plus one of the Chainaxe arms. There's a lot of other nifty bitz on the 'Zerker sprue as well, you might consider checking it out.

Banner pole topper and shoulder pad from the Command Squad box

LoD shoulder pad (one of the skull ones)

Torso and legs from any Space Marine, chaotic or otherwise.

First up, clip the "big ears" off the skull helmet, and file the remaining nubs back flush against his head so things look halfway believable. Glue together the torso.

Now the fun begins. Cut the chainaxe and chainsword arms apart at the wrist, then attach the chainaxe hand to the chainsword arm. Use plastic glue and/or pin it together.

Next, clip the axe blade off the chainaxe handle and clip the round nub off the chainaxe head. Leave the rest of the axehead alone, because that's where you need to glue the banner pole topper.

Now that you've got the bitz done, assemble the plastic Chappy as normal, in a dramatic pose. Just try to remember which side a Loyalist's chapter badge goes on- that's not the side you want your LoD shoulder pad on.  

darth603

Ophiuchus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:19 pm
I like this metal chaplain i did though.. it's very simple.
The lightning claw was the sod to do, because I needed to clip through the metal shoulder pad, and then very carefullyseperate the pipe from the back of the claw, then clip off one chunk of it. After cutting off the main arm of a plastic hand from the basic bolter sprue and gluing the arm and shoulder pad in place, bending the tube so it goes from the claw to the shoulder pad. stuck it in position, stuck green stuff in the gaps as filler, and that's essentially it..
chaplain with crozius and lightning claw - the likes of which no one is fielding  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:14 pm
thats what'll be so cool about my up coming kroot army. i need to do get some winged kroot(which ill have to add wings on)& some karlnac riders(which im gonna use cold ones for)hey tose would me some mild conversions wouldnt they?  

Reddemon

Ophiuchus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:16 pm
Reddemon
thats what'll be so cool about my up coming kroot army. i need to do get some winged kroot(which ill have to add wings on)& some karlnac riders(which im gonna use cold ones for)hey tose would me some mild conversions wouldnt they?
forge world sell knarlock riders. Wings.. either gargoyle wings or fantasy great eagle wings... very minor conversions.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:22 pm
yea but im to poor to order from forge world. i can barely afford to make a warband let alone purchase modles from forgeworld  

Reddemon

Ophiuchus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:26 pm
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:10 pm
well that about $20 Canadian i think. but im bein liberal here its probly alittle less  

Reddemon

Ophiuchus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:25 am
Okay, i'm nearly done painting the li'l fecker. Pictures soon. He's pretty nice, actually...

I may consider taking up making custom conversions for money.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:22 am

Ophiuchus

Dread Lime

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:51 am
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers