Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BaneIing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:23 am
Of course not bad. X,3
And science is loveeee.
Makes me feel llike drugged tea though. emo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:38 am
basilisk: XD! Hrmmm I don't give too much info out online, but I'm not the person who you're never sure is real or not either.

LDT: We can thank aliira for starting the thread, but I think a lot of people have similar ideas swimming around their heads and just needed a push to get started biggrin

and WELCOME EVERYONE!

tirbutt
Crew

Sparkling Sentai

basilisk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:41 am
@Iyou: I don't totally not say anything, but I always feel weird telling people things. @_@; So I kind of avoid it sometimes. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:46 pm
hi all! I'm Ruki and I love drawing. I have more experience with it, but cg art is new to me and I've got a lot to learn. I want to be a comic artist so I'm working towards that.

my favorite comic artists are moebius, frank miller, and bill sienkiewicz. I also have this thing for tite kubo and a little shota god who goes by po-ju. I want to do stuff like this some day. am I aiming too high? :cries a little:  

blivinity

Deep-Fried Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:59 pm
Hallo!
My name's Misha. (Or Mei, Mei-Rei, etc.)
I'm a highschool freshman, aged thrteen. I've been drawing for nearly three years and I'm trying to break free of the hardcore anime styles I've become used to. D:
I like dinosaurs and aliens.
Ja...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:23 pm
jaderii
xDD! Wow.

That has to be the funniest (and oddest) thing I've read all day.

I hadn't even noticed the "41" until I started typing this. xD

why thank you 8D
it just so happens that sometimes the truth can be quite hilarious!

*shot multiple times; cremated* DX  

simeis

KotokoPlum

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:47 pm
Imma beginner-ish artist, still dabbling in anime stages~ I'm trying to move more to semi-realism, but there's much work to be done. xD;

I'm a sophomore in high school, totally unsure as to what I'll be doing with my life. I like drawing, reading, chemistry, and such~ The normal things...sorta. :3 I luff my friends very dearly. <333 (I'm too clingy sometimes. ^ ^;; )

I luff musicals and I am oft in Stage Crew since my singing and acting is not good enough. I play clarinet in band class/marching band as well.

I did dance, ballet and a lil jazz for around.. six years? I know some pointe, too, but my schedule's been to hectic to fit it in, so I dun take classes anymore.

I am also in love with Academic Team. -coughnerdcough- It's so crazy, I luff it so much. *___*;;; The dinners are fun, the testing is blegh-ish, but ehhh~ I'm with my friends so it's all good. 8D

Aaaand, I forgot what I was going to say! Ah, well. xD;  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:02 pm
Stage crew? Gah! I just finished doing wardrobe crew for a production of Shakespeare's Twelfth Night, and I swear if I have to iron another poofy poet shirt again, I'm going to kill someone... mad

...Ahahaha. It's probably good that I'm not a theater major. xd

I love musicals, though. What are some of your favorites? My friend and I are totally obsessed with The Woman in White right now, and we're going as characters from it next Halloween. xD  

Iyou

KotokoPlum

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:23 pm
xDD; I just finished Godspell yesterday and it was the funnest thing EVAR. <3333 I'm sad it's over. ;____;

I did spotlight, helped paint the backdrop, other odd jobs~ Did you do costumes?

It's my favorite musical right now, although I don't often go to those Broadway shows and such because I'm quite busy. ^ ^;;

I have seen Into the Woods on Broadway, though, and that's my second favorite! -ish quite childish-

Theator major! COOL. cool  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:32 pm
Um, hello. <3

I'm 14, and working as hard as I can with art.

I really have no art schooling but an hour class on sundays. D:

I quess... hello everyone?  

UlooAloo

Neithan

Heart Singing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:35 pm
*delurks* >>; <<

Hi, i'm known as Neithan on Gaia, though i go by aingeal most other places online. But most of my friends on msn call me Isilme, after one of my characters... am i confusing anyone yet? sweatdrop

Anyway, a little about myself: i'm turning 23 this year, and will be graduating come the middle of the year with a degree in Information Systems Management, second major Management. However, my real loves have always been art, literature and, to some extent, music. So i'm kind of wondering what to go for in terms of work after i graduate ><

i've been drawing pretty much since i can remember, though i only started to try to improve more seriously a few years ago. i'm self-taught though i did go for a kiddy Chinese watercolouring class for a few months.

i spent unhealthy amounts of time online and procrastinating work, occassionally playing MMORPGs, reading fics, RPing, chatting on msn and drawing. i'm far more talkative online than i usually am in person. ^^;

Nothing much else interesting about me, really XD; Oh, i have a metal rod attached to my spine : D; Sadly, no retractable metal claws.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:19 pm
Just want to say welcome to our newest members. Take a look around, get comfy. ^_^  

Wispered

Iyou

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:26 pm
Kotoko - Yeah, I helped make the costumes and then helped the actors change and put wigs on and stuff during the actual shows. And by "helped make the costumes," I mean "was forced to sew buttons and snaps onto random articles of clothing for a total of eighteen hours when I totally could have been doing something better with my time." D:

Stupid class requirements. If doing all that wasn't required for a grade, I wouldn't have done any of it. But I'm such a loser that I'll do almost anything to get a good grade.

kiba - Hi! heart C'mon in and make yourself comfortable. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. whee

Neithan - But you see, when you procrastinate, you immediately get what you want - free time! xd Actually doing work is remarkably silly in comparison. (And I say this as I'm supposed to be writing a report that's due tomorrow, lol.)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:43 pm
Waaaah! Lots of familiar faces, even on just this page, only. *333* Um, hi, I'm khel. I like watermelon, I'm kind of not good at any sort of traditional art (woe!), and my taste in guys makes my brother question my sexuality. I can sing, mostly like a squashed frog, I can play badminton like NO OTHER, and I can mess up any room that I live in in less than a day with papers and books. I have the ability to kill any thread (!!), and I can eat (or more rather, try to eat) an entire pizza.

Um, I can't think of anything else to say.

Oh right, and opencanvas pwns my LIFE. HI, GUYS. Thanks for the guild invite. X3 <33333  

kheleksul

pach_work

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:19 pm
kheleksul
Waaaah! Lots of familiar faces, even on just this page, only. *333* Um, hi, I'm khel. I like watermelon, I'm kind of not good at any sort of traditional art (woe!), and my taste in guys makes my brother question my sexuality. I can sing, mostly like a squashed frog, I can play badminton like NO OTHER, and I can mess up any room that I live in in less than a day with papers and books. I have the ability to kill any thread (!!), and I can eat (or more rather, try to eat) an entire pizza.

Um, I can't think of anything else to say.

Oh right, and opencanvas pwns my LIFE. HI, GUYS. Thanks for the guild invite. X3 <33333

HAHAAHAAH INTRO = A MILLION POINTS  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces