Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Cartoon][Avatar] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yeah! ^___^
  No! Stupid anime-wannabe...
  ...What?
View Results

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:10 pm
retice
Spoilers for The Firebending Masters

... oooh, man.
Kay so, anybody else get the feeling that this was an incredibly fanservicy episode? ::grins:: I don't even know where to begin.
Wait, yes I do. When Aang and Zuko are in the temple place, and Aang notices the pattern of the statues. He turns, launches at Zuko, latches onto his arm like a good little girlfriend and says "Zuko, dance with me!"
And Zuko, ever the charmer, says "What?"

Also, later when they're on the pedestal place, and Aang's fire goes out, he once again launches at Zuko and climbs all over him. AW? I can't even... just... oh man...

Sokka was great, too. I KNEW he would have this sort of teasing relationship with Zuko. I was so pleased =D

Little Toph and the badger moles was another great part. I love that they were blind, too. It was so appropriate.

Even though I hope fast to my belief that Aang and Zuko are developing a brotherly relationship, I do agree that this episode was incredibly fanservice-y for Zuko/Aang. All the clinging, the snarking, the rainbow flames and the Fushion Dragon dance, very slashy. :3

Yes! Sokka would so tease Zuko a lot. hahah Jerkbending! So unfunny but I love you so much Sokka, so it's all right. XD I still wish they'd have a sword fight already. That would be awesome. :3

I am very surprised that Katara let Zuko and Aang leave by themselves. Guess they snuck past her? XD

Toph and the badger moles were adorable!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:32 am
LadyNox
retice

... oooh, man.
Kay so, anybody else get the feeling that this was an incredibly fanservicy episode? ::grins:: I don't even know where to begin.
Wait, yes I do. When Aang and Zuko are in the temple place, and Aang notices the pattern of the statues. He turns, launches at Zuko, latches onto his arm like a good little girlfriend and says "Zuko, dance with me!"

Also, later when they're on the pedestal place, and Aang's fire goes out, he once again launches at Zuko and climbs all over him. AW? I can't even... just... oh man...

Sokka was great, too. I KNEW he would have this sort of teasing relationship with Zuko. I was so pleased =D

Little Toph and the badger moles was another great part. I love that they were blind, too. It was so appropriate.

Even though I hope fast to my belief that Aang and Zuko are developing a brotherly relationship, I do agree that this episode was incredibly fanservice-y for Zuko/Aang. All the clinging, the snarking, the rainbow flames and the Fushion Dragon dance, very slashy. :3

Yes! Sokka would so tease Zuko a lot. hahah Jerkbending! So unfunny but I love you so much Sokka, so it's all right. XD I still wish they'd have a sword fight already. That would be awesome. :3

I am very surprised that Katara let Zuko and Aang leave by themselves. Guess they snuck past her? XD

Yay, I'm glad I'm not the only one who immediately thought FUSION HAH when they did the dance. XD  

retice

kakashi9119

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:00 am
i'm 15 and i love it heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:49 pm
retice
LadyNox
retice

... oooh, man.

Yay, I'm glad I'm not the only one who immediately thought FUSION HAH when they did the dance. XD

Lol I thought Fusion too don't worry. ^^ I hate Zuko/Aang only because Aang is like 12( even though he's 112 he's 12) Brotherly bond I cna agree with. ^^ Not too much Zuko/Sokka the pokeing was cute though ^^;; Katara= PMS-y teenager that needs to die. And little Toph was so cute!! ^___^  

Akurei Demon Wolf

Barton Wolf

35,565 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Nerd 50

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:29 am
Akurei Demon Wolf
Lol I thought Fusion too don't worry. ^^ I hate Zuko/Aang only because Aang is like 12( even though he's 112 he's 12) Brotherly bond I cna agree with. ^^ Not too much Zuko/Sokka the pokeing was cute though ^^;; Katara= PMS-y teenager that needs to die. And little Toph was so cute!! ^___^

I have a love/hate relationship with Katara's PMS-ing. It's so funny when she does it (well sometimes anyway) and I can sometimes even agree with her. I mean I can understand why Katara has so much anger towards Zuko so I can't exactly blame her for the way she's acting. But I hate it when she doesn't let the issue go, even when she's wrong! I just hope Zuko proves himself to her quickly. If this keeps up, I'm going to get sick of it.

Toph heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:22 pm
Rawr!!!! I hate Nickolodian!!!! The new Avatar didn't show!!!!!! HATE!!!!! HAAAAATTTTTEEEEE!!!!! scream scream wahmbulance burning_eyes stressed scream stare death to Nick and Spongebob....death!  

Akurei Demon Wolf

Barton Wolf

35,565 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Nerd 50

kataphora

6,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:27 am
LadyNox
retice

... oooh, man.

Toph is suuuch a badass. ;O;

and surprisingly, I'm not shocked that Katara let them go alone. Honestly, she knows Aang can take care of himself if there's a problem. Just... if there is, she'll track Zuko's bloodied a** down and then make the hurting REALLY start. Oh Katara. you are so crazy violent. I love you.

And everyone has such a problem with Aang being 12. I guess I would too, except that I know my gay roomate became active when he was 11. Boys do start becoming sexual way earlier than girls.

Combine that fact with the hundreds of lifetimes of unconsious experience (yay for old souls?) and the fact that Aang is just naturally adventurous and curious, and honestly? I think -he'd- be initating things. Maybe not at 12, but definitely in a few years.

in my fandomy-mind, Zuko wouldn't know what hit him. :X  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:06 am
I love Avatar! blaugh

Favorite Pairings:
JetxZuko heart
ZukoxAang 4laugh
RokuxSozin
HakodaxBato
Long FengxKuei[Earth King]
ZhaoxLong Feng [after seeing some fanwork xd ]

I think that's all of them @_@

good-jack04

Mia Darthorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:54 pm
LadyNox
Akurei Demon Wolf

I have a love/hate relationship with Katara's PMS-ing. It's so funny when she does it (well sometimes anyway) and I can sometimes even agree with her. I mean I can understand why Katara has so much anger towards Zuko so I can't exactly blame her for the way she's acting. But I hate it when she doesn't let the issue go, even when she's wrong! I just hope Zuko proves himself to her quickly. If this keeps up, I'm going to get sick of it.

Toph heart heart heart

I know what you mean about the Katara thing xD I don't really like her any less for hating Zuko because she has more then enough reason to, but at the same time I do hope she learns to trust him - mostly because I think Zuko's been through enough as it is XD I don't think I could ever hate Katara though. (and much as I want the Zuko-bashing to end, I have this weird, irrational fear that her coming to trust Zuko will result in Zutara, which is probably the only pairing I just.... dislike xD)
Oh, and incidentally, I LOVE how un-angsty he is now <3 I mean, I loved him when he was evil and angsty too, but its nice that he actually seems happier and less conflicted now.

as far as Avatar goes though, I don't actually slash all that much xD (mostly because I really like a lot of the cannon pairings. KatAang and SokkaxSuki are LOVE.) but there are some pretty great pairings xD I think I love SokkaxZuko for the same reasons I love Zuko, its adorable and amazingly ridiculous xD Sokka is such a ladies man (or he thinks he is, I cant tell anymore XD) and Zuko's... well he's Zuko xD

...I cant say I'm exactly a FAN of JetKo, but it's kind of cute in a weird way. Every time I hear someone mention the pairing I'm reminded of those episodes where Jet stalks Zuko and Iroh around the city - though I found this neat fancomic on Deviantart that features JetKo as the main pairing. Its really cute x3 so while its not my favorite I certainly dont mind it razz
Deviantart also turned me into a ZhouxHahn shipper xDD which is even MORE bizzare because usually I like to slash people who actually have some semblance of interaction (well, interaction that goes beyond a 5 second fight anyway xP)  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:51 am
i'm 18 and i love the show, especially a Zuko/Sokka pairing  

protecterofelements

retice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:30 am
Episodes 314, 315 and seven minutes of 317 are available online due to an earlier release date somewhere that isn't the US, and a premiere at a comic convention in NY. 314 and 315 are a two-parter called "Burning Earth" and 317 is a filler episode called "The Ember Island Players," in which the gang finds out their journey has been chronicled by several sources and made into a Fire Nation play.
"Burning Earth" is about Sokka and Zuko teaming up and going to find Sokka's father and the rest of the captured guys in a high security facility that Zuko knows how to get to.
317 is very easy to find. Just look for Ember Island Players on youtube and it's there. 314 and 315 are harder because they're entire episodes and you have to do some digging; I found 314 as a live-video and 315 as a download. I know some of you prefer searching your own way because of the risk of accepting downloads from people online, and giving you a link to a free video in the forum here is against Gaia TOS.

If you have watched all of these episodes, or dont mind being spoiled, highlight below.

Burning Earth
I KNEW IT.
I KNEW Sokka and Zuko would be total BFFs if they got to know each other! Knew it knew it knew it!
Embarassing squealing aside, despite the fact that these episodes gave me everything I wanted AND everything I didn't want, I loved them so hard! Seeing Suki again was a big YAY moment for me, even if she is an obvious love interest, just because Suki satisfies my slight feminist tendencies and she kicks. butt.
I admittedly was not happy to see Mei, I'm not going to lie, but she was still really likable in 315 too. And her one line cracked me up:

Guard: What are you doing?!
Mei: Saving the jerk who dumped me.

This is kind of like what happened with Jet. I disliked him up until that one episode when I kind of fell in love with him. This episode made me kind of fond of Mei, but I still dislike Meiko. Less than I dislike Zutara, but still enough.
Ty Lee jumping ship to Mei's side made me smile, just because Azula is showing slight humanity by feeling betrayed. I love shows like Avatar for this reason; bad guys aren't inherently evil people. They just feel like what they're fighting for is better than what the good guys are fighting for. We saw this in Zuko, but Azula is a different ball game, and it's good to see her insecurities again.

Anyway, back to the SoZu: Oh. My God.
The way this played out was really great, in my completely biased opinion. The fact that they were really awkward/defensive on the war balloon, then reached an understanding, then getting used to eachother's way of doing things, then making the perfect friggin team was great. There are too many moments in here for me to isolate and love over, because I loved ALL OF IT.
What surprised me consistantly was how passive Zuko was acting. I know that he's genuinely trying to be a good guy, and I know he really values the trust of all the gAang, but still. He didn't blow up at Sokka once!
And admittedly "perfect friggin team" means they're both impulsive idiots, but luckily Suki is there to bail them out by being feminist and kicking butt, so really, it all works out.

And finally: OH HAKODA. STOP BEING SUCH A CUTE DAD.

Ember Island Players
There was only 7 minutes of this, but it was seven minutes of hilarity, so all is well. Casting Aang as a woman a la Peter Pan? Brilliant! His voice cracking in indignation? BRILLIANT.
So obviously my favorite part is when they make fun of how gay that one episode was with Aang being saved by the "blue spirit," because, well, the awkward look shared by Zuko and Aang is probably the closest we'll come to slash acknowledgment in this series. XD
Though Avatar is pretty good for fanservice. Shirtless Zuko anyone?
I also kind of liked how undramatically they handled the Sokka coming out about Yue scene, because I really did think they were going to go all soap on us and devote like an entire episode to Suki's insecurity. I'm SO glad they didn't. She's too feminist and kick butt to be insecure about an old girlfriend. This is kind of like when Toph thought she was Sokka coming to rescue her and planted one right on her cheek. Suki handled that well too.
But I think the funniest thing about this play so far is how they have been making fun of Katara's righteousness.
P!Katara: IT JUST GAVE ME SO MUCH HOPE! ::weeps::

Mod Edit  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:32 pm
Waah! How have I overlooked this topic for so long?!
I am a huge Avatar fan (I'm 21 btw ^^)
The next DVD is out for anyone who didn't notice. The episodes haven't even been aired yet, which is kinda dumb, but whatever.

However, I find it hard to really support any yaoi pairings, just because I tend to really like the hetero couple's they have set up.
No denying, Sokka/Zuko would be darn hot. The Boiling Rock episodes proved that beyond the shadow of a doubt ^^ But I really love Sokka with Suki. And even though I've been mostly indifferent about Mai, I could really respect her in those last two episodes. I think that the girls they have picked out for these characters really compliment their personalities, so I really can't complain too much.  

Katastrophic_Kate

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:26 am
Man, it's been a long time since I've been here.

@retice

He didn't blow up at Sokka once!

Well he sort of did during the riot scene. However you are right that he didn’t throw any fits. I don’t consider it passivity at all. Two reasons:

1) A lot of Zuko’s anger came from the frustration of being a dishonored prince, of not being able to find the Avatar and regain his honor, and of struggling between doing what he knew was right and regaining his father‘s love and approval. Every time he’d blow up, it was all that pent up frustration and anger at his hard life needing release. He just wasn’t sure why. He even said so in The Beach “I’m always angry and I don’t know why” or something like that. It was classic teenaged angst, really. Now that he’s made a decision that feels fundamentally right AND he has accepted that his father is a jerk who will never love him, a lot of his anger and frustration have left him. Thus why he’s much calmer. He’s also has a real mission to focus on, thus also helping him keep his emotions in check.

2) Zuko’s been down the ‘to regain my honor’ road and he realizes that means Sokka needs to make his own decisions with as little meddling and as much support as possible. He wasn’t being passive so much as letting Sokka do what he needs to do and helping him in anyway he can. It’s sort of like what Iroh did for Zuko.

OH HAKODA. STOP BEING SUCH A CUTE DAD.

Hakoda is totally wonderful and adorable. When he was bonding with Sokka in his cell! OMG I was grinning so much. So cute!

@Katastrophic_Kate

I don’t really have a favorite ship for this series but I do agree with you about the pairings, especially in the case of Sokka and Suki. The girls do seem to work well with their guys. Even though I still don’t necessarily think Mei/Mai/whatever is good for Zuko. At least not yet. She needs to grow out of that emo-richgirl bubble first. They made sense when they were both emo-stupid-teenagers together but if they are going to be a canon couple by the end of the series than she needs to do some growing up first. Zuko’s gone through too much hardship to deal with her emo-richgirl whining for too long. However betraying Azula and spending time in prison will probably help with the growing up part.

Haha, isn’t this suppose to be a yaoi guild?

lol Screw it, we have some interesting convos in this thread!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:05 pm
Zuko x Aang.

My OTP for Avatar. :3

Far better than Kataang, Zutara, and Maiko put TOGETHER. (I hate Maiko and Kataang btw...Zutara annoys me sometimes)

Zukka isn't bad either. And Jetko..<33  

Lunar Pillow I Choose You

retice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:23 pm
AND IT'S OVER.
I cheered at the end, I'm not going to lie. It was an embarrassing display of fangirl, but it needed to be done. MY HET SHIP DIDN'T LOSE THIS TIME! SPONTANEOUS DANCE PARTY, GO!
But in all seriousness, it was a good end. I'd like to know what happened to Zuko's mother, and Azula, so that kind of bugged me, but I was still content.
Also, the implication that Sokka and Suki totally do it? Was way too funny to be grossed out over. That pairing never really bothered me, Suki's just too likable. I also LOVED how Toph was such a little girl and started crushing on Zuko too. AW? And yeah, Mai's "Don't you EVER break up with me again." made me laugh. All in all, I thought everything ended on a good note.
AND MY SHIP DIDN'T LOSE! YEEES! That hardly EVER happens!  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games