Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Why do asian parents have their children take piano?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you play piano?
  Yes.
  No.
View Results

nukka elly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:53 pm
playing an instrument helps you in school

plus it's fun to play the piano. it's preetty..like my ex, he's a hella good piano player. he's so damn hot playing the piano.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:10 pm
I started playing the piano as soon as I could read...which would've been around 4-5 years old. Apparently, from what my mom tells me, I wanted to play piano when I saw my sister starting to play, or something like that. I like the piano...but I quit because my schedule started getting a little busy for me around 6th grade....and the teacher I had (which was the same one I had been going to since I started) was one I did not like. domokun So I quit....but I'd like to start again....probably not gonna happen though. I hated theory tests and recitals though...actually, recitals were okay.  

Praxling

Praxling

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:16 pm
Many of my cousins have played the piano before...at least 3 of them. And my sister played too (as said above). One of my cousins plays the violin. I love the violin, it sounds so pretty... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:27 pm
I've heard cause playing an instrument (especially the piano) helps you do better in school, like someone already mentioned, but particularly in math. And vice-versa I think i've heard.  

Quietly Losing Control

[.LadyStigma.]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:57 pm
This is my theory:
Asian parents, especially mothers, are very competitive. They have pride for their country, but individual pride is more rare in a group-orientated society. They push their kids so they could look good and brag about how their daughter/son won the piano competition--and save face doing so. : P And these mothers seem like they have no lives so they push it on their kids. Then again I came from a small town, so nothing much happens.

However, my theory doesn't work on my mother. She's very laid-back, and I chose to play piano on my own. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:51 pm
omg. now my mom's cosidering that i should take piano...  

Lay-San

Fire_Tanizard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:39 pm
of all my asian friends only the koreans play the piano...im taiwanese and i dotn play it....well actully none of my taiwanese friends play the piano also 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:04 pm
most of the people in my family play the piano..i dont..and all of my asian buddies play it too....hah i feel so left out x]  

.[Jzmn].

[clowns.will.eat.me]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:36 pm
I think it's because they want their child to excel at school. i used to play piano. it's not only piano, basically all asians can play an instrument. One of my friends whole family plays violin.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:29 pm
oooo yeah, my step mum forces my half sister and brother to take piano lessons.

cazziegal

Ashe`

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:25 pm
[.day.dreamer.]
I`m asian, and I`ve started piano since I was six years of age. When I had those recitals, most of the performers were asian. Especially this year, when I my score was distinction, most of them were asians??

I`ve always thought this weird .. what do you thinkk??
My mom got me drums.
I didn't even ask for them..
Don't play them anymore eithier.
She must've thought I was upset that my sister had the flute.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:06 am
XD cause all of them love Tamaki (Ouran High School Host Club)

but mine got me organs gonk  

9gatsu 3ka no Kokuin

flexiqueen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:18 pm
haha this is hilarious! i took piano for 2 years then quit because i hated my witch of a teacher! however i still love to play on the piano! hey oh wellz! blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:42 pm
Asian parents want their children to know how to play piano because

#1: they want what they never got the chance to have when they were younger

#2: They want u to be grow up to become an artisitc person

0r
#3: They want to learn it just because everybody else's child is

Lol, like my theories? It's mostly the 3rd one sometimes. Lol. U know in movies, this hot guy sometimes goes chasing after a cute girl on a piano or something? Maybe they want that to happen to u. Lol, jokes, kidding! But hey, it could be that! Lol and no, I've never learned how to play the piano and now that my mother's friend's childs know how to play the piano my parents want me to learn. biggrin Lol. It's because she wants to brag to her friends like they do to her, isn't that so weird???Lol  

-alwaysmile-

thisFAG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:42 pm
blahhh i didnt awnt to play the piano i only played it for fun, but now my mom makes me take piano lessons but then i quit ayear later hahaah im so weird T__T. she wants me to quit the instrument i play in school but not piano, aha so demanding. T___T  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff