Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Yaoi Fans Hate Girls? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hate Anime Girls?
  No, it's pointless
  Yes
  STFU
View Results

levenxin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:48 am
the anime girls for me... they are a nosy chars.... the couple would've gone off better withour them... the worse part is when the girl is trying to make a pass on one of the yaoi partners... i'll say i'm gonna kill that bich.... stressed  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:53 am
I think it's stupid to hate a character just because they get in the way. I mean, I'm a huge Kingdom Hearts fangirl (Riku/Sora, Axel/Roxas, Zexion/Demyx, ext.) but I don't hate Kairi or Namine. If I hate a female character it's usually on their own merite, same as if I hate a male character.  

Yukinojo14

Dangerous Fairy

12,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Conventioneer 300

gabriellabella590

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:40 pm
Has anyone noticed that if a show is MEANT to be yaoi, there are no female characters?

Just thought I'd get that out there first.

It is stupid to hate a female anime gal, just because she exists. If you're slashing pairings, who cares? You can pretend she never exists, there is no need to hate her or draw picture of her dying horrible deaths.
Hate characters only if you can't connect with them/ feel as if they are crappy people.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:11 am
I think anime girls are awesome, just not the ones who are helpless or thrown in there JUST for fanservice. There needs to be a point to their existence.

Misa's a hated female character in DN, but I think she was needed for the plot. She wasn't COMPLETELY helpless either, just over-the-top.

Marjosa

Sparkly Fairy

9,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

BIJINKEI

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:30 pm
Lol, those are obsessive fan girls.
I believe the really obsessive fan girls are the noobish type.
Theyre probably around 12.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:24 pm
I like when the girl tries to get in the middle, it adds more to the plot, or when the girl is helping things out, some guys just need a little push.

teddytoles

milkymosaic
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:15 pm
...I've only ever heard of one person say anything like that, but it was only because she hated Amy. She's got nothing again females in general. Hell, I'm a lesbian that loves yaoi. Yeah, I'm really gonna hold it against a hot girl just because she happens to be in the same show/game as a great yaoi pairing. Hell no! I enjoy seeing Kairi (grown up,) Amy (Sonic,) Peach, Zelda, and many other female leads, even if I love the yaoi pairings that work in their abscence even more. In short...why bother hating them if the chicks are hot? <3  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:33 am
Nah, I've never hated an anime girl because of yaoi. I can't stand Misa because her voice tells me to slaughter the innocent but the creators wanted her to be annoying. If I'm watching an anime with fanservice there's a good chance the male-counter parts are not up to my standard and/or it was by accident and I discontinue watching.  

KiwiShaver

Michei

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:27 am
who said so? gals are cool ppl!
YAPZ got me blak retro tv! rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:44 am
I really have no problems with girls in straight pairings. But I always wondered why InuYasha fangirls had a problem with Kikyo, and I still don't know why.  

GojakInucrawler

Aged Gaian

5,950 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

milkymosaic
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:53 am
'Cause Kikyo is ugly and annoying. XP Well, I hate her because she's a reincarnation of the priest chick, and she kicked a**! When she thought Inuyasha betrayed her she to and arrow to him and pinned him to a tree! Kikyo would never have that kind of gal, which makes her weak and annoying in comparisen.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:38 am
I only hate the stereotypical ones. D: I love ones like Lucy or Alexiel~~  

Pirate Lolita

Broken Hearted Hiei

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:52 pm
I think anime girl hate is stupid when your only reason/one of your reasons is that it gets in the way of your pairing. Actually, I think hate for ANY character for that reason is really dumb. I am not such a person. If I hate a character, it's for specific reasons.

Like Keiko from Yu Yu Hakusho. I don't mind her with Yusuke (canon pairing), but I think she's a better match with Botan or Shizuru (both women). Keiko does have some good traits about her, but of the couple of flaws I see, the one that causes me not to like her much is that I feel she doesn't have a lot of faith in Yusuke, which is something she should be required to have with Yusuke's line of work.

As for the Kikyou discussion, I think people that don't like her for absolutely stupid reasons are just upset about the times she has tried to kill InuYasha and/or Kagome. I personally think that she is just confused and trying to find a place now that she's the walking dead. As such, I find her to be a very interesting character. She's also gorgeous and loves children.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:45 am
Lucifers Shot
Lol, those are obsessive fan girls.
I believe the really obsessive fan girls are the noobish type.
Theyre probably around 12.

I agree and they can be highly annoying.  

Your_Gaurdian_Angel92

1,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Autobiographer 200

Count Chocolat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:34 pm
It pisses me off en apparently the entire yaoi fanbase hates one canon girl because she gets in the way of a pairing even if she is the most awesome person ever. I mean, maybe you don't like her with the guy, but there's no reason to hate her. It makes no sense to me. But if she's a total b***h or someone you just don't like for reasons that do not involve yaoi, then I guess that's okay.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff