Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
.:Warhammer Fan Art:. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grandpa Ducky

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:48 pm
I was looking for a good Space Marine picture to make sure that Bolters still fire rounds with casing. That still confuses me since you can cram more caseless rounds in a clip than you can rounds with cases. I read somewhere that some OOP Space Marines actually didn''t have ejection ports on their Bolters but when artists started drawing Marines with showers of casings pouring out of their Bolters, GW changed the models. Everyone knows that shell casing pouring from a gun = badass. But anyways, I just went off topic. While searching, I stumbled upon a website that I recognized. I''m a fan of Luis Royo''s works and I look at the galleries on a VERY similar looking website, but this time it was showing all of this Warhammer art! I looked around and found that on the website, there''s a lot of other artists works. Some of them include H.R. Giger, Brom, and Ken Kelly, among others.

I still haven''t looked though all of the Warhammer galleries, but they are awesome so far.

Before I forget, here''s the link.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:42 am
Envy´s peoples excellent and better drawing skills. crying
Here are some of my drawing that I´ve drawed when I´m bored.
That seems to be only thing that makes me draw things... neutral
http://fs5.deviantart.com/i/2004/285/b/b/Imperial_Eagle_by_Asmondai.jpg
http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs6/i/2005/059/3/f/Imperial_Aquila_by_Asmondai.jpg
http://fs5.deviantart.com/i/2004/299/9/3/Heros_Grave_by_Asmondai.jpg
I should have a drawing of an space marine without a head and I posses
two CD´s with painted pics on them.
Just need a scanner or a better webcam damn it. domokun

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Cagalli Yura Attha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:46 am
Grandpa Ducky
I was looking for a good Space Marine picture to make sure that Bolters still fire rounds with casing. That still confuses me since you can cram more caseless rounds in a clip than you can rounds with cases. I read somewhere that some OOP Space Marines actually didn''t have ejection ports on their Bolters but when artists started drawing Marines with showers of casings pouring out of their Bolters, GW changed the models. Everyone knows that shell casing pouring from a gun = badass. But anyways, I just went off topic. While searching, I stumbled upon a website that I recognized. I''m a fan of Luis Royo''s works and I look at the galleries on a VERY similar looking website, but this time it was showing all of this Warhammer art! I looked around and found that on the website, there''s a lot of other artists works. Some of them include H.R. Giger, Brom, and Ken Kelly, among others.

I still haven''t looked though all of the Warhammer galleries, but they are awesome so far.

Bolters have casings. The original plastic RTB-01's had ejection ports. The "type 2" bolter, aka "box bolter" that used to be in the paint kit and on the old sprue from GW with 3 backpacks, 3 knives, 6 shoulder pads and 3 bolters had no ejection port, was noticeably smaller and more square.
Our current bolter is the Type 3. It evolved back to the RTB-01 origin, with ejection port, huge size, and became a bit thicker and with more detail on it. The old RTB-01 book actually referenced the Ejection Port of bolters ALWAYS being on one side, which is the reason all marines hold them that way - although it COULD be reversed by a skilled Techmarine.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:57 am
Cagalli Yura Attha
Grandpa Ducky

Bolters have casings. The original plastic RTB-01's had ejection ports. The "type 2" bolter, aka "box bolter" that used to be in the paint kit and on the old sprue from GW with 3 backpacks, 3 knives, 6 shoulder pads and 3 bolters had no ejection port, was noticeably smaller and more square.
Our current bolter is the Type 3. It evolved back to the RTB-01 origin, with ejection port, huge size, and became a bit thicker and with more detail on it. The old RTB-01 book actually referenced the Ejection Port of bolters ALWAYS being on one side, which is the reason all marines hold them that way - although it COULD be reversed by a skilled Techmarine.

Huh, interesting. Thanks for clearing that up.  

Grandpa Ducky

Silvia Crow

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:24 pm
User Image

Un-colored Dark Angel Space Marine. Recently shot in the head with an IM guard flashlight >_<  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:40 pm
SilusCrow
User Image

Un-colored Dark Angel Space Marine. Recently shot in the head with an IM guard flashlight >_<
And after he gacks the guardsmen he'll get flashed to death by the guardsmen's buddys.  

Brother Felix

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:00 pm
Brother Felix
SilusCrow
User Image

And after he gacks the guardsmen he'll get flashed to death by the guardsmen's buddys.

No, more like beaten to death.
You do know that las-rifles do more damage when you use it as a club or throw it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:20 pm
*tear* I notice that mine is the only one not commented on...  

Xenos Mortium

Brother Felix

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:11 pm
Asmondai
Brother Felix
SilusCrow
User Image

No, more like beaten to death.
You do know that las-rifles do more damage when you use it as a club or throw it.
stare Fine I'll just go get my guard with bolters and we'll see how Mr. I'm so effing depressed likes them apples.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:46 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Brother Felix

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:33 pm
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:27 am

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Colonel-Commissar Gaunt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:39 pm
Kick a** art you guys got there....when you mean steal you mean like dont put it in ur siggies right..........?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:47 pm
Colonel_Commissar_Gaunt
Kick a** art you guys got there....when you mean steal you mean like dont put it in ur siggies right..........?
No, it really meant that any post you put here you'd need to draw yourself, but yeah, I suppose that applies too. Don't use these pics without the artists premission.  

Xenos Mortium

Dirk Daring Bramblethrush

Savage Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:50 pm
Xenos Mortium
Well, two hours later, I present to you my picture!
Not bad for me not having drawn anything in at least a couple of months... mrgreen

User Image

That's interesting actually. Make it a bit sharper, less sketchy  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas