Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~*Anime Garden*~ Main Forum//GD/ED
Pokemaster's Sanctuary. (Version 2, New First Post.) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Magenta Placenta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:51 pm
Haha. Exactly.
But I might have to get to the beef before it turns into flies and then fly away.

Do you listen to a lot of music? In my opinion, switching through a whole album of burnt cds stuffed in your backpack is a bit... Tedious.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:58 pm
I do listen to a lot of music, but my tastes are not very well liked around these here parts. I've been known to indulge in huge quantities of gangsta rap, soul and a little bit of techno.

I also have a thing for 80's electronic rock, as is demonstrated by a burned CD that my dad made for me that his old college band (read: My dad in purple Spandex. XD) had produced music for back in the day. It's not particularly good music, but it ain't bad. Other favorites include a little bit of Pink Floyd (though I can't say I've heard too much of them), Van Halen and Nirvana.

I've listened to a significant amount of J-Pop, and I've found myself to be allergic to it. I try to avoid it when possible, but sometimes it ain't too bad. It still makes me sick though. XD  

Fidei Defensor

[.dr.MOMO.stiles.]
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:00 pm
Feh. Mainly hard-driven otaku such as myself can turely become accustomed to J-pop.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:02 pm
My sister listens to lots of... "Gangster." I'm simply too lazy to go into detail at the moment.

I'm big on the 80's and electronica scene. Lots of goth rock from that decade. I doubt that many would fancy any of the stuff that I like, either.

Better yet, I doubt that anyone on here has even heard of much of the stuff that I listen to. Example : Mexican EBM. xD Really bouncy. No lyrical value at all. Just body work.

I don't listen to much of J-anything. Some of the beats are okay, but I listen to the vocals and all I hear is "GRRAAWWWWR" or "SCCREEECH." Of course, I'm pretty much inept in the subject, but none of it really piques my interest.

Magenta Placenta

Fidei Defensor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:07 pm
My sister downloads a load of Him stuff, and she tells me it's gothic rock. For some odd reason, if it is gothic rock, it ain't nearly as intense as I thought it would be.

Then again, it's my sister. The same one that my mother called a whore. What can I say? rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:11 pm
YOUR SISTER IS CRRAAZZZYYY.

HIM is love metal. I don't like HIM at all.
Despite all of the hype, goth rock is actually very melodic and ambient. Hence my dark and brooding term for it.

Tell her to try listening to some Bauhaus or Sisters of Mercy as a start if she wants goth rock. Cradle of Filth isn't goth rock, either. It's not very intense at all.

Magenta Placenta

Fidei Defensor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:17 pm
I agree. I knew she was on some kind of drug or something. XP

I try not to argue over what I don't know myself however. I would definitely be able to say something about, say, Tupac Shakur or Nas or Christopher Wallace, but definitely not Him. x_x  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:19 pm
I know enough about HIM to dislike the music. He claims to be love metal, anyways, so I just stick with that. I know that it's metal.

I usually wikipedia a subject before I fulfill any whims to actually have an intelligent conversation about it. I guess I'm more thorough than others.

Magenta Placenta

Fidei Defensor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:22 pm
Magenta Placenta
I know enough about HIM to dislike the music. He claims to be love metal, anyways, so I just stick with that. I know that it's metal.

I usually wikipedia a subject before I fulfill any whims to actually have an intelligent conversation about it. I guess I'm more thorough than others.
That's what everybody tells me not to do, because they say Wikipedia is crap and it can't be trusted. I can't really deny it, because I've seen some pretty ed up there, but it's not that bad is it? Honestly.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:23 pm
Well, I don't quite know what articles in wikipedia they've been reading, but it seems like a legitimate source to me. It hasn't failed me yet in ant of the subjects that I've looked up.  

Magenta Placenta

Fidei Defensor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:27 pm
Meh, perhaps not. Maybe people are willing to lend honest knowledge to other people after all.

If I ever find a ed up article on Wikipedia, I'll be sure to let you know, just for the sake of an example.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:29 pm
Wiki'sbeen pretty reliable for me.

Okee, I shut up now. XD

[.dr.MOMO.stiles.]
Crew

Magenta Placenta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:31 pm
I'll do likewise for you.

Any who, I'm going to spend some time pissing people off on neopets. I'll probably refresh every once in a while on here, though.

Half-Adieu.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:34 pm
Alrighty. I have nothing better to do than earn gold for my quest now that I think about it. *laughs* I gotta go take my Chomby to the Lab Ray too, so who knows, maybe I'll find you on the boards or something. XD  

Fidei Defensor

Fidei Defensor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:55 am
*laughs* I found Qwerty on Neopets last night. cool  
~*Anime Garden*~ Main Forum//GD/ED

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items