Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
What kind of yaoi do you dislike? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is there a certain guy you won't allow to be gay?
  Yes, no one can have him! He's mine!
  No, I'm content with all the boys being with others. :)
  I dunno.. Maybe I like someone.
View Results

Raspberry Parfait

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:33 pm
sad If you mean IRL guys in the poll, then nah, it just means it'd be more likely for me to get with 'em, and that's good! If you mean in manga/anime, I don't really care. I like yaoi, but good female/male romance is still always good, of course~!

I don't like yaoi with bad art. sweatdrop I normally prefer good storyline and believable relations 'cause...I don't like it to be totally meaningless and just sex. If it's the pronz0rz KINDA stuff, y'know~?

So, uh. I hate really bad pairings that make no sense. Like...OMG NARUTO X KAMUI or series that're just like...wtf. Like the comment above, slightly.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:19 pm
The following I do not like to see gay together:
Any Naruto character besides Haku and Zabuza
Any Guilty Gear character besides Bridget and Ky
Any character in Kingdom Hearts

That's It!

And yet those are pretty much the biggest threads in this whole guild. Basically, I don't like seeing couples if I do not find the couple attractive, like the characters, or if the couple just doesn't make sense to me. For example, Sora and Riku. Kingdom Hearts is my favorite game of all time, and I consider it a very special part of myself as an anime fan. I don't like the fact that people just bash the crap out of Kairi (and let's not forget Sakura and all the other girls), put two and two together, saying "hot boy + hot boy obviously + OTP!" Do you know how frustrating it is being the ONLY yaoi-fanboy I know who hates pairings like SoraRiku and SasuNaru?It feels weird to me looking at them together. I want SoraXKairi or RikuXNamine! I want NarutoXSakura or NarutoXHinata! In fact, I don't like Riku at all! Why does that make me bad? Because I don't like people who betray their friends? So what if their hot? If they pull off some stunt like Riku or Sasuke did, that's it! It's over! I hate characters like that, and I end up treating them like they ought to be: like a villain! I hate Itachi! I hate Sesshomaru! Hell, I even hate Sephiroth! Why? Because they're villains! It basically comes down to the fact that I'm obbsessive over femme-boys. That's probably the reason Haku and Zabuza are basically the only couple (in general) that I like. Same thing with BridgetXKy! I'm the biggest Bridget fanboy ever! So it's safe to say that any couple with a femme-boy in it is awesome in my book. However, I also don't like any pairing where both characters are semes or both are ukes; as in two manly guys or two girly boys. Maybe I'm just picky...  

Sora_Kamiya

Raspberry Parfait

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:13 pm
Well, I personally think Riku x Sora makes most sense, from how they act towards eachother. sweatdrop It seems to have some things supporting. Riku x Namine doesn't make sense to me, but Kairi and Riku or Sora kinda do, though I don't much like it.

Sasuke and Naruto I'm not a fan of myself. sweatdrop OMFG I love Itachi and Sephiroth (though I do think he gets waaay more credit than he deserves, except in Advent Children 'cause that was just plain sexy), and Sesshoumaru is pretty much the only decent character in Inu Yasha, though he really is not all that great.

I pretty much agree with you, though. sweatdrop A lot of the super popular pairings I don't much like, so I normally avoid yaoi fandom/groups/fanfic and so on.

I don't think you're picky, you just like what characters you like and don't like what you don't like. xD It's stupid for people to hate on you because you're original and don't like what they find popular.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:10 pm
-nods-

Yes.

Edward Elric.

HE'S MINE ROY!!!!

-kills Roy-  

Pawky_luf

Blue~x~Rose

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:09 pm
Hmmm... I kinda just dislike when they're paired with girls... guys is peachy, girls is, well, wrong.

I used to have a possessive thing about Eiri Yuki. Just a tiny thing.

Sometimes I have one for Draco Malfoy. But not normally.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:52 pm
._. I dont like seeing any of the YYH characters paired with Kuwabara... cause I dont like him... >.<  

E d i b l e F l o w e r

General Ninja Ferret

Demonic Master

24,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:05 pm
    Here's my little list of yaoi pet peeves...

Inuyasha pairings
    DBZ pairings
    Big muscley men having sex. (I jsut can't handle all the deatil and shapes and such)
    Pokemon pairings
    Beyblade pairings
    Big huge man as seme and little tiny man as uke
    Old man and little kid (example: SoubiXRitsuka)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:00 pm
Well im bisexual and I am a Guy
SO Im totally kool if they make a lot of gay guys heart  

k.nightfox

Syntetisk

IRL Kitten

10,825 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:40 am
I can't stand it when people make Shino from Naruto gay. Because I personally think of him as the type to really like anybody.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:19 pm
Also, I must add that I am a complete fanboy for shota, so pairings like ZabuzaXHaku and RitsukaXSoubi don't bother me, as long as they make sense!  

Sora_Kamiya

Ootori Kyouya-sama

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:39 pm
EDWARD ELRIC! If he was meant to be with anyone, they would have included it in the series!

EdxRoy
The entire point of Ed and Roy's canon relationship was to illustrate Ed's need for a father figure, as well as Roy's denile about his protectiveness of the Elrics. By pairing them together, you completely destroy one of the key relationships in the anime! They devote a lot of time to establishing Ed's bitterness toward his father, and once that's done they build up for the rest of the series. The entire series builds up to that resolution in "Stray Dog", where Roy accepts his paternal urges and puts Ed in his place. Its a really beautiful scene that loses it's meaning when you change their relationship.

EdxEnvy
I'd like to write a nice little paragraph about why I don't like this one, except that I can't. Is it possible for this to be anything more than smut? If so, please PM me and enlighten me because I can't find a single way to justify this pairing.

EdxAl *Shutter* Okay, not only is that incest, but it, like EdxRoy, totally distorts the beautiful relationship they already have. Probably the biggest theme of FMA is the love between brothers, they way the depend on each other, protect each other, and even sacrifice themselves for each other. The thing about them that's unique is this relationship. I mean, between lovers, these feelings are common. But among brothers, this bond is special and sacred. So, by making them lovers, you twist something so rare into something common. I just think it takes all the meaning out of the story.

EdxWinry
Given the choice between the three of them, I'd choose this one. But that doesn't mean I like it. I just don't think they'd work out. Ed has been through so much by the end of the series that I feel like he'd want to be with someone more like him. A lot of the pain that Ed goes through, Winry never sees. Therefore, it seems like Winry would give Ed sympathy, when he really needs empathy.

And that's the short version of why I think Ed should be single!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:40 pm
I don't like Sirius form HP to be gay...I can tolerate it...but I would prefer to have him myself! *huggles Sirius plushie*  

Pelucheux

Soul of Deflection

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:35 am
...I wil handle it as long as it is good. Personally I read every Yaoi pairing before choosing if I like it or not...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:55 am
Special_Meatloaf
EDWARD ELRIC! If he was meant to be with anyone, they would have included it in the series!

EdxRoy
The entire point of Ed and Roy's canon relationship was to illustrate Ed's need for a father figure, as well as Roy's denile about his protectiveness of the Elrics. By pairing them together, you completely destroy one of the key relationships in the anime! They devote a lot of time to establishing Ed's bitterness toward his father, and once that's done they build up for the rest of the series. The entire series builds up to that resolution in "Stray Dog", where Roy accepts his paternal urges and puts Ed in his place. Its a really beautiful scene that loses it's meaning when you change their relationship.

EdxEnvy
I'd like to write a nice little paragraph about why I don't like this one, except that I can't. Is it possible for this to be anything more than smut? If so, please PM me and enlighten me because I can't find a single way to justify this pairing.

EdxAl *Shutter* Okay, not only is that incest, but it, like EdxRoy, totally distorts the beautiful relationship they already have. Probably the biggest theme of FMA is the love between brothers, they way the depend on each other, protect each other, and even sacrifice themselves for each other. The thing about them that's unique is this relationship. I mean, between lovers, these feelings are common. But among brothers, this bond is special and sacred. So, by making them lovers, you twist something so rare into something common. I just think it takes all the meaning out of the story.

EdxWinry
Given the choice between the three of them, I'd choose this one. But that doesn't mean I like it. I just don't think they'd work out. Ed has been through so much by the end of the series that I feel like he'd want to be with someone more like him. A lot of the pain that Ed goes through, Winry never sees. Therefore, it seems like Winry would give Ed sympathy, when he really needs empathy.

And that's the short version of why I think Ed should be single!

You completely rock! I've never liked the Ed/Roy pairing, but a friend of mine is adamant that they are meant to be together. I love mentioning to her that Arakawa doesnt agree with the pairing.
As for Ed/Envy, i love it, but i will happily admit there is no bases for it! I have a bit of a thing for rivals and such and i think it would be hot. Thats about it!
Ed/Winry: She is more like a big sister than anything else.
and Ed/Al, i think their brotherly relationship is adorable.  

Pomba Gira

AnonGirl88

Dapper Dabbler

14,225 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:54 am
burning_eyes Pyro from X-Men(espeacially X-Men: Evolution), and Valon from Yu Gi Oh. I have a serious accent fetish and Australian is at the top of my list. Out of my fairly large list of bishounen, these two are the ONLY ones I refuse to put in a relation ship of any kind. burning_eyes  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff