Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Is it weird to like the cemetery? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it?
  Yes
  No
  Poll whore
View Results

Choklit Teddi

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:22 pm
When I was little I would be walking around with my Family and I'd point at a place and say "ooh.. that's pretty. can we go there?" .. They would look at me strangely and tell me it was a cemetery.. I would look at them and go "so..?"
3nodding heart  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:20 pm
The one thing I dislike about tombstones is they're lies.
Nobody will write on a tombstone:
-selfishly slit their wrists because they were too weak to handle life
-O.D.'d after years of drug abuse and causing us pain
-Didn't speak with their family all their lives and hated people

no. They're always "beloved" and "loving" and "missed every day".  

Funkyblueeyes

Kamadev

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:47 pm
Cemetaryis awsome best places in the world. twisted  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:37 pm
it isnt, I like being in the cementery since I was 12. I like it because its calm, and I can be with the one I knew. I also like reading what people put and looking fot the best gravestone xd  

ChatuRRa

Anubis_Jill

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:27 am
I hang around the cemetery all the time, not disrespectfully either. I just visit.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:25 pm
i have 1 response and 1 joke
R: yeah, cemeteries are very peiceful, and headstones are an art form

J:cemiteries are awsome! everybodys just DYING to get in! rofl

fun fact: did you know in China, little league baseball parks are in cemeteries! how cool is that?  

Tom Gunn 666

Lilith Yamiko

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:41 pm
if it is strange to like the cemeteries..then i must be really strange coz when i move out of my mom's house to go to collage im moving into this old house that has a cemetery for a back yard..i also want my wedding to be held in a cemetery... >.< whee  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:34 pm
Is it wierd to like cemetaries? In social standard, yes, however, there are many likeable qualities to them. They are quiet, well maintained, and peaceful. And, excluding the residents, they aren't crowded.  

GilAskan
Crew

Undistinguished

Romantic Gawker

14,150 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:03 pm
I had dinner next to a cemetary for a first date once. We walked through it after, but I thought it would be rude to eat Taco Bell between the headstones. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:11 pm
I like cemetaries. They are oddly relaxing, i go there to just think about things and not have to worry about some idiot coming and bothering me.  

Krys_Night

Ndoki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:15 pm
I don't like cemetaries! I don't like them at all! I think they are a waste of space... Imagine.. all that room being used for.. people who won't appretiate it because they are dead when instead they could build, say, a hospital for those still alive.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:53 am
Cemetaries are very beautiful places, indeed. Especially the ones around here. Alot of headstones seem to be from the 1800's, although there is a portion of them that is from the 1700's. There are even a few greco-roman mausoleums here and there that appear slightly decayed because of time and have vines and plants growing all around it. Just beautiful.

Actually, I remember going with my friends around a forested area a while from my old house. I think we uncovered some sort of graveyard. There was like, not a sarcophagus..I dunno what I wanna call it. This big, marble 'coffin' that was bolted shut and was sticking half way outta the ground, and around it were these headstones in really bad shape, most of them had poor engravings that were worn and stuff, but I managed to read a couple of them and I remember one having the date of "1687" or "1689". The whole place looked like it hadn't been touched by anything for atleast a century. It was cool.

-Nymphotronic-

FenderSkaface

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:23 am
No it's not weird at all. My mom, sister, and I all love going to old cemetaries and looking at how artistic and beautiful the stones are. You should have seen us three when we went to new orleans!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:36 am
I've always loved cemetaries, but I can never get to one, because I have no reason to, and I can't drive or get anyone to drive me.

And I never have money for the bus, and riding my bike is out of the question because it's all the way on the other side of town, which is at LEAST 5 miles.

So, it kinda sucks, since I love cemetaries so much.

[ Die Katze ]

Kaytrix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:09 am
It's not weird, it's... different. I can't stand people who go lie on the gravestones to get a good picture, though.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff