Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Doctor Who/Torchwood Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favourite Doctor?
  Patrick Troughton
  John Pertwee
  Tom Baker
  Peter Davidson
  Colin Baker
  Sylvester Mcoy
  Christopher Eccleston
  David Tennant
View Results

wodewose

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:39 am
Of course, Dr Who has a special place in my heart, in "Daleks Invasion of Earth" (which was re-made into a film with Peter Cushing as the Doctor) the Nazis from Skaro were tunneling to the earth`s core in Bedfordshire.I always wondered where abouts they were as, my home-county (Yes, I am Welsh, but was adopted and raised in Bedfordshire) has 3 types of bedrock, chalk which is easy to tunnel through, sand which is impossible to tunnel through and clay, which is possible to tunnet through but prone to diasterous collapses.  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:32 am
Invictus_88
Bloody cliffhanger, that annoyed me. I'd not realised it was going to be in two parts.

I was so annoyed.

neutral

Missed it, they'll probably do a re-cap next week though, so I can live through the pain.

(Incidentally, London is pretty darn cool. I'm in an internet cafe in South Kensington. Just ate sushi. Aberdeen is sadly lacking in sushi places.)  

ficklefiend
Crew

Warnersister

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:31 am
wodewose
I can see
"I`m a tin dog!"
T-shirts catching on...

The convention I was at this weekend was selling t-shirts with "Are you my mummy?". I was sooooo tempted....

Very interesting episode - even more so as I had just watched "Father's Day" with live commentary by the writer, Paul Cornell, that day. I will never listen to "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" in the same way again, that's for sure!

DW

PS Must announce to the world: I met Sophie Aldred & Colin Baker! Yay! And Colin Baker sang from Gilbert & Sullivan!!!!

/end fan-girl moment  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:27 pm
totally off topic, I`d like a Mythbusters T-shirt withtheir famous quote

I reject your reality and substitute my own  

wodewose

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:16 am
wodewose
totally off topic, I`d like a Mythbusters T-shirt withtheir famous quote

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Kate has some jeans with that on them.

Admittedly, she had to put it there herself.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:53 pm
My maths teacher scared a year 7 today. She saw them going round school with headphones in and told him to take them out because he might turn into a cyberman.
I would never have thought Doctor Who still scared people...  

Lord Jagged

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 2:30 am
My mum claims she saw an article about a random actor and it said he was going to be the next Doctor Who.

I can't find a thing about it anywhere, all the searches are just coming up with Tennant replacement of Eccleston- do you think she has got her wires crossed?  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:55 pm
You know, the Torchwood Institute has been mentioned 4 times in this series. In episode 1, the Christmas invasion, where we are introduced to it. Episode 3 where we see it being founded as it where. Also in last weeks where it is mentioned in the news on Rose's mobile that it published some sort of paper and when Peter Tyler finds a quick and easy way to get out of an odd conversation with Rose, He calls over someone called Gary and asks him how things are at Torchwood. Just a wee random bit of info. eek  

Mr. Bono Vox

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:48 pm
I'm a bit annoyed that Torchwood is going to be a BBC3 thing..well, I suppose I might have actually earned some money and be able to afford a freeview box by then.

(The cheap ones are so shite. They blink and don't pick anything up, ugh. I hope they improve our digital signal before they flick the switch)

...and that Digit Al can go to hell.  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:22 am
ficklefiend
...and that Digit Al can go to hell.
I agree rolleyes He keeps interrupting my favourite advert gonk  

xXx White Lily xXx

wodewose

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:24 am
Don`t forget, the doctor is on earlier today because of the hideous 1960`s/70`s dinosaur that is........ Eurovision!  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:30 am
wodewose
Don`t forget, the doctor is on earlier today because of the hideous 1960`s/70`s dinosaur that is........ Eurovision!
18:35.  

Mr. Bono Vox

Warnersister

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:02 am
Mr. Bono Vox
You know, the Torchwood Institute has been mentioned 4 times in this series. In episode 1, the Christmas invasion, where we are introduced to it. Episode 3 where we see it being founded as it where. Also in last weeks where it is mentioned in the news on Rose's mobile that it published some sort of paper and when Peter Tyler finds a quick and easy way to get out of an odd conversation with Rose, He calls over someone called Gary and asks him how things are at Torchwood. Just a wee random bit of info. eek

It's been mentioned even more often. In "School Reunion", Mickey's hacking is stopped by Torchwood. In fact, so far the only episode they haven't mentioned it is "The Girl in the Fireplace". It's getting very annoying now. I'd love to say to Mr Davies "Yes, thank you, I got the concept, now can we get back to the plot, please?" *growls* Bad Wolf was at least vaguely subtle....

DW  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:23 am
wodewose

I love Eurovision.

I liked this episode as well.  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:39 am
This episode was brilliant. It was great.

Torchwood gets mentioned a lot on the bbc site. I was looking at it when I was trying to catch up after missing the school episode at they kept talking about Torchwood.

I'll be watching Eurovison, if just to see Lordi or whatever the Finn's entry is called. It'l probably be good for keeping me in one place while I attempt to revise.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff