Reply Extended Discussion
Protesters gone retarded. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Why are people stupid?
  I have no clue.
  Because they've taken a few too many anti-depressants in their lifetime.
  They're not stupid! They're clearly within thier rights!
  .........*snuffs the above person*
  ...I told them not to put their heads in the microwave... but did they listen? Nooooooo!
  Government=retarded
  ...I love pickles.
View Results

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:25 pm
KupoWrath
Why is our country filled with self affirming d**k wads? Does anyone else see this? These people complain that our country is oppressive. They complain about the government. They complain about clothes. They complain about religion. They complain about war. They complain about the military.

THEY COMPLAIN.

They can't do that in any other country, I wonder if they've realized this.

For instance... There is this group of 'christians' who think that 9-11, dead soilders, the war, AIDs, and other things are our punishment for disobeying god. They try to protest at soilders funerals, around the families that have had to suffer. They hold up signs that say "Thank God for dead soilders" and "God is your enemy" and many others.

These people must be high! I understand we live in America, where you should have freedom of speech (ha ha). Everyone has that freedom, but obviously not many people are equipped with the intelligence to use it properly.

If you would like to see a news coverage where Hannity and Colmes interview Shirely Roper, one of these 'christians'.

http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1145695609/Fox_News_Baptist_Protestor

Notice how she avoids his question about "her sins". I wonder, does she think she's completely innocent and sin free? Ha.

I'd like to here your thoughts and views.

(I asked Luri-kun where to put this, and she said here... so that's where it's going!)

I disagree with everything they said. Nobody should be that mean.

But there's nothing wrong with some --reasonable-- complaining and protesting. Even though our country is better off than a lot of others, it's no reason to stop making it better. And honestly, there are some things we need a lot of work on (in my opinion).  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:12 pm
wow... Protesting at dead soldiers funerials, men and women who fight for your country, men and women who fight for each and every right they're abusing.

I grew up with the do onto others as you would have them do onto you, and they've gone too far in my opinion working under the name of god. I know that I would be upset if there were protestors at my funerial saying that I'm going to hell.

I hope the they get a really good view from the tall pedestal they've placed themselves upon.

Unfortunately, just because you're born with a brain, doesn't mean it's mandatory to ues it.

nikia kitty

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:06 pm
Oh I wish I could have been a part of the 60s.

Or lived in a city.

I'd love to be part of a movement. Pro-choice, pro-gay rights, I'd love it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:44 pm
I've heard about these people before. They're a bunch a relgious crazed loons. They are completely brainwashed by the catholic religion that they can't see that they are the evil ones. They think they are doing good, warning everyone about their impending doom, but they're just need a good slap in the face to realize they're just ruining peoples lives. Not only do they picket the funerals of soldiers, but there is also a "God Hates Fags" group run by Fred Phelps who picket the funerals of gay men who have died of aids. Last I heard Michelle Moore was after him.

This is his latest attack on Fred Phelps...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33-_9nOX8KM  

Tusyo

1,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:54 am
Tusyo
I've heard about these people before. They're a bunch a relgious crazed loons. They are completely brainwashed by the catholic religion that they can't see that they are the evil ones. They think they are doing good, warning everyone about their impending doom, but they're just need a good slap in the face to realize they're just ruining peoples lives. Not only do they picket the funerals of soldiers, but there is also a "God Hates Fags" group run by Fred Phelps who picket the funerals of gay men who have died of aids. Last I heard Michelle Moore was after him.

How can you seriously watch Michael Moore criticize anyone? This is the guy who portrayed Charlton Heston as a unfeeling racist (as well as the entire NRA), who led a NRA march into Denver a week after the Columbine incident. This is the same Charlton Heston who worked with Martin Luther King Jr., led the actor's component of King's 1963 march in Washington, and even broke a Hollywood color barrier by making the first movie with interracial romance.

Michael Moore is every bit as despicable as Fred Phelps. The only difference is he has somehow convinced the world he is the "good guy." I mean, you could write a book on the horrible things Moore has said. Oh wait, people already have.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:13 pm
I'm all for freedom of speech and expression and such, in fact it is one of my strongest and most base beliefs. But this is indeed a little ridiculous, even for my taste. Going to people's funerals?? I've never heard of such a disrespectful group of people. If the funeral is on property that's open to the public, though...I think they should be able to protest. That's just my opinion. Even if they are that incredibly stupid, hypocritical, and insensitive, they have the right to do what they want. There is no law against being a*****e or an idiot, nor should there ever be. On the bright side, they make life that much more interesting, no?

On another note, let it be known that I detest these people to an indescribable extent, and the Phelps klan even more. If I am hoping for any sort of post-death experience, it is to see the looks on their faces when they discover that their heaven is not what they thought it would be. (But don't spread the hate...my parents are from Topeka. Not everyone there is psychotic. T.T' )

perrenthezombie

MythArtist4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:33 am
I think these people (the stupid ones) need to work on people skills, like understanding the situation, what damage they could inflict upon, check if what they are doing is right and moral, seek a solution, and see what they are fighting for and is it worth it. If they do not learn, they do not understand. If they do not understand, they do stupid stuff. And if they do that, then that would only provoke hate, distrust, revenge, then violence. I think people need to step out of the box and explore their surroundings, then maybe we can achieve peace...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:21 am
zz1000zz
Tusyo

How can you seriously watch Michael Moore criticize anyone? This is the guy who portrayed Charlton Heston as a unfeeling racist (as well as the entire NRA), who led a NRA march into Denver a week after the Columbine incident. This is the same Charlton Heston who worked with Martin Luther King Jr., led the actor's component of King's 1963 march in Washington, and even broke a Hollywood color barrier by making the first movie with interracial romance.

Michael Moore is every bit as despicable as Fred Phelps. The only difference is he has somehow convinced the world he is the "good guy." I mean, you could write a book on the horrible things Moore has said. Oh wait, people already have.

The NRA an organisation based around the misinterpretation of the 'Right to Bare Arms' which is actually 'The right to bare arms against invaders or any Government which oppresses the American way of life.' I agree with what your saying, but saying Micheal Moore is sensationalist, when you have ******** Junior in the White House a man who cuts funding to schools that teach Darwinism over Intelligent Design, a man who took tens of thousands of troopers out to fight an illegal war in Iraq, over oil, in the search of a man who is actually based in Pakistan. George Bush Junior a man who actively speaks out against homosexuality, a man who believes every word of the Bible, including that whacky fire and brimstone ending, who has control of the largest assortment of Nuclear Armaments in the world, and is determined to with hold Nuclear power from countries that could benefit from it, because the by product could be used as weaponry.

And your worried about the Micheal Moore portrays the leader of the NRA?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.  

Rellik San
Crew

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:24 am
MythArtist4
I think these people (the stupid ones) need to work on people skills, like understanding the situation, what damage they could inflict upon, check if what they are doing is right and moral, seek a solution, and see what they are fighting for and is it worth it. If they do not learn, they do not understand. If they do not understand, they do stupid stuff. And if they do that, then that would only provoke hate, distrust, revenge, then violence. I think people need to step out of the box and explore their surroundings, then maybe we can achieve peace...

Whats Moral and whats Right are open to interpretation though, what I think is right, may be perceived as being a threat and unconstitutional to people in another country.

for example, I think America should put in more stringent gun regulations, a lot of Americans think, despite the rise in violent, gun related crime, that its unconstitutional to regulate fire arms in a strict, secure manner.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:43 pm
Rellik San
MythArtist4

Whats Moral and whats Right are open to interpretation though, what I think is right, may be perceived as being a threat and unconstitutional to people in another country.

for example, I think America should put in more stringent gun regulations, a lot of Americans think, despite the rise in violent, gun related crime, that its unconstitutional to regulate fire arms in a strict, secure manner.

Toche (too-shay I don't know how to spell it.) What I meant was "what is truly right" not self righteousness, but yes you do have a point, what could be right for one person could be wrong or right depending on the situation.  

MythArtist4

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:04 am
Rellik San
zz1000zz
Tusyo

The NRA an organisation based around the misinterpretation of the 'Right to Bare Arms' which is actually 'The right to bare arms against invaders or any Government which oppresses the American way of life.' I agree with what your saying, but saying Micheal Moore is sensationalist,

Oh no, i did not call Michael Moore a sensationalist. He is a big, fat, dirty white man who should have Cheetos thrown at him wherever he goes. He is more despicable than Fred Phelps, because he lies to falsely portray people, rather than simply condemning those he feels are immoral. Fred Phelps is annoying, but he has a moral ground, even if it is wrong. Michael Moore's only base is grandstanding, attention-hogging, self-serving, indignant insults designed to make him money and fame.

And i find a certain degree of humor in you saying the NRA misinterprets the Second Amendment, when you so effectively butcher it. While the NRA may be "wrong" in its interpretation, that is a highly debatable issue, and is not one you should so snidely dismiss.

Rellik San
when you have ******** Junior in the White House

I have no idea how this got to discussing the president, when the two people mentioned were Fred Phelps and Michael Moore. Ranting is not nice. While this is not meant to encourage such sidetracking, i feel a certain need to post a defense against some of this absurdity.

Rellik San
a man who cuts funding to schools that teach Darwinism over Intelligent Design,

I have never heard of this happening, and you provide no examples or evidence. I am going to have to assume it is not true.

Rellik San
a man who took tens of thousands of troopers out to fight an illegal war in Iraq,

The war was not in the least bit illegal. The president followed all the rules he need to follow to declare the war.

Rellik San
over oil,

Oil was a minor factor in the declaration of war. Predominantly, the idea was making Iraq friendly would give the United States a strong foothold in the Middle East, allowing for protection of American interests.

Rellik San
in the search of a man who is actually based in Pakistan.

The war in Iraq had nothing to do with finding Osama Bin Laden (which is who i presume you are talking about here).

Rellik San
George Bush Junior a man who actively speaks out against homosexuality, a man who believes every word of the Bible, including that whacky fire and brimstone ending,

I typically find it in bad taste to criticize a person for their religious beliefs, insofar as those beliefs do not harm others. The current president is certainly doing nothing outside what is accepted by a large portion of the society, so while it may be a reason to dislike him, it is not a legitimate criticism.

Rellik San
who has control of the largest assortment of Nuclear Armaments in the world, and is determined to with hold Nuclear power from countries that could benefit from it, because the by product could be used as weaponry.

It is a reasonable concern to consider. Nuclear weapons are a serious enough threat that there should be extreme regulation on the management of nuclear material and its uses. Countries not willing to abide by such regulation could give rise to a serious threat, and i see no problem with withholding nuclear technology from them.

At this point, i half expected you to say, "And he choked on a pretzel!" Because that is about the merit your criticisms have.

Rellik San
And your worried about the Micheal Moore portrays the leader of the NRA?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Rellik San, paraphrased
Hitler is out there, and you are worried about Pol Pot!!!!!??????

First, let us remember this topic was not about the president. Second, even if you decide the president is the spawn of the devil, Michael Moore is still a horrible person, who should not be loved for criticizing another disliked person.

Third, each time someone spouts off a bogus, or absurd criticism of George Bush, it makes all the legitimate criticisms of him seem less valid.

P.S. Charlton Heston did more to protect individual rights than Michael Moore has even pretended to do. So sue me if i think a good man should not be smeared by a self-serving pig.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:24 am
My point was, which you so eloquently glazed over, your worried about the way, someone who can be ignored (Moore) portrays someone who glorifies the use of firearms (Phelps) because of the fundamental flaws of the American government system can actively pursue and encourage the use of firearms, which leads to people using guns to kill each other, because the NRA stands in the way of any new fire arms legislation that may make getting hold of weapons a difficult and easy to trace because of something that for the most part, has little relevance in todays society when the government and other people can just pick and choose which amendments to follow.

PS. The war on Iraq sprung from the war on terror and WMD's that were never and still have not been found in the country, effectively America, not just America either, but the complete allied coalition, went to war and completely unstabalised a stable (albeit tyrannical) government, in the name of as you put it 'their own interests' not those of the people of that country. The only reason to go to war with Iraq that was stated was to prevent the use of WMD's that never existed.  

Rellik San
Crew

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:56 am
Anti-whaling Activists Detained on Japanese Ship, Tuesday January 15 2008

They shouldn't have been on the ship, but they can't just hold them against their will like that.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:30 am
spooky_sez
Anti-whaling Activists Detained on Japanese Ship, Tuesday January 15 2008

They shouldn't have been on the ship, but they can't just hold them against their will like that.

But they are part of a militant group, the Whalers have said they'll let the guys go in return for a gaurentee of no violence against them and the coalition refused.  

Rellik San
Crew

emo_hippie_chick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:20 pm
yes, people complain too much, but they have the right to. there will always be the few people in this world who are never satisfied with anything and they get other people who can know nothing about government or politics and make them see things their way. i once heard somewhere that a person is smart and can think clearly for themselves, but people are stupid and quick to chaos and argument. and i find that there are too many incompetent people in government and the people who can accually do the job right have the common sense to stay away.

wow i'm kind of rambling...

sometimes i wish for complete anarchy, but i also see the importance of government....

such a twisted world we live in.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces