Welcome to Gaia! ::

The World Martial Arts Tournament

Back to Guilds

A tournament role play. 

Tags: World, Martial, Arts, Tournament, Championship 

Reply OOC Threads
Main OOC Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spooky Mittens

Benevolent Spook

15,600 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 4:11 pm
Clash Badman

Wow. Have you heard of Fedor Emelianenko? He’s my favorite, along with Nick Diaz.

I know Nick Diaz but not the other one. Not that I really watch any fights these days.  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 5:56 pm
Spooky Mittens
I know Nick Diaz but not the other one. Not that I really watch any fights these days.

I thought maybe I had another MMA fan in the mix-up. Why don’t you watch it anymore? 4laugh  

Clash Badman

Spooky Mittens

Benevolent Spook

15,600 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 6:04 pm
Clash Badman
I thought maybe I had another MMA fan in the mix-up. Why don’t you watch it anymore? 4laugh

I prefer to spend my time elsewhere is all. I just don't get excited like I used to so I don't make the time for it.  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 6:17 pm
Spooky Mittens
I prefer to spend my time elsewhere is all. I just don't get excited like I used to so I don't make the time for it.

Maybe you are just watching the wrong fights! I’ve been peeping UFC since I was about seven or eight years old. It was televised in 1994, which was when I turned five. I really liked Ken Shamrock (scholastic wrestling) and Marco Ruas (street fighting). Then Tito Ortiz beat Shamrock and Maurice Smith beat Ruas, and then came a flood of newer competitors on the scene (Chuck Liddell beat Tito and Fedor Emelianenko turned into the “Baddest Man on the Planet” and whatnot). Then Fedor lost to Dan Henderson and now Conor McGregor is the highest paid fighter in the business. I have a wrestling background and have won a couple street fights, so I’ve considered trying to worm my way into the fight game for the sport and the money. I had a chance at training with Tim Botsch from Pennsylvania, but for now I’m just laying low and focusing on bodybuilding until I decide on what to do.  

Clash Badman

Spooky Mittens

Benevolent Spook

15,600 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 6:36 pm
Clash Badman

I mean maybe you missed the part where I don't watch any fights. It's just not in my sphere of interest anymore. I follow the development of fighters in the gym and I'll view highlights from time to time, but I just don't care to watch the sport for the sake of watching the sport.

My roots are European swordsmanship, so that's generally where my interests fall. Too bad Swordfish has been canceled since 2019 emotion_donotwant  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 6:43 pm
Spooky Mittens
I mean maybe you missed the part where I don't watch any fights. It's just not in my sphere of interest anymore. I follow the development of fighters in the gym and I'll view highlights from time to time, but I just don't care to watch the sport for the sake of watching the sport.

My roots are European swordsmanship, so that's generally where my interests fall. Too bad Swordfish has been canceled since 2019 emotion_donotwant

Well what would you do if someone disarmed you of your weapon and you had to fight without it? razz

I like swordfish.  

Clash Badman

Spooky Mittens

Benevolent Spook

15,600 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 6:51 pm
Clash Badman
Well what would you do if someone disarmed you of your weapon and you had to fight without it? razz

I like swordfish.

Oh, my weapon these days is a gun of course. Swordsmanship is an academic pursuit more than anything. It's not like it's common to walk the streets with anything but a medically necessary cane, let alone a 42" sword.

I can box if I have to, but the best form of self-defense is not fighting but avoiding the fight entirely.  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 7:10 pm
Spooky Mittens
I can box if I have to, but the best form of self-defense is not fighting but avoiding the fight entirely.

I agree. Unfortunately, my family won’t let me carry a gun, so I’ve had to use [kick]boxing, wrestling and MMA as self-defense against people who were attacking me, my friends or my family outside (and a couple times inside) where I was staying at the time. I guess I’ve been through some of the rougher areas in my neighborhoods, and, meh. I’m used to it by now, though, so a good MMA fight (at least what is televised, or what I can watch on YouTube) really jacks me up because it’s good for me to know. I prefer to take out my aggression in the gym, however. Do you have a favorite bodybuilder? idea  

Clash Badman

Spooky Mittens

Benevolent Spook

15,600 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 7:16 pm
Clash Badman
I agree. Unfortunately, my family won’t let me carry a gun, so I’ve had to use [kick]boxing, wrestling and MMA as self-defense against people who were attacking me, my friends or my family outside (and a couple times inside) where I was staying at the time. I guess I’ve been through some of the rougher areas in my neighborhoods, and, meh. I’m used to it by now, though, so a good MMA fight (at least what is televised, or what I can watch on YouTube) really jacks me up because it’s good for me to know. I prefer to take out my aggression in the gym, however. Do you have a favorite bodybuilder? idea

I have a permit to conceal but I generally don't. I just keep it in the house Just In Case™.

The gym is a good place for aggression. That's where I prefer to keep it too.

I'll admit I really have never followed any bodybuilders. I guess if I had to pick one on the spot it'd be Arnold? But that's just because he's the only one I can name without having to google it lol.  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 7:30 pm
Spooky Mittens
I'll admit I really have never followed any bodybuilders. I guess if I had to pick one on the spot it'd be Arnold? But that's just because he's the only one I can name without having to google it lol.

Arnold Schwarzenegger is my favorite, too! biggrin My other top four would have to be Ronnie Coleman, Dorian Yates, Jay Cutler and Andy Bolton. Sadly, all of them had to use steroids to win and get as big and strong as they are. Without steroids, I imagine they could only do half of what they did while on them, and they just don’t seem to look right while drugged, with all of those muscles sticking out like that from low-weight, high-rep isolation exercises. rofl Brooks Kubik, in his weight training publication Dinosaur Training, refers to them as “drug babies,” because they couldn’t get anywhere without using drugs. It is my goal to get just as strong as they are, “natty” (meaning naturally, or drug free) and become a “dinosaur” like one of the old-time strongmen by doing heavy-weight, low-rep compound exercises.  

Clash Badman

Spooky Mittens

Benevolent Spook

15,600 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 7:35 pm
Clash Badman
Arnold Schwarzenegger is my favorite, too! biggrin My other top four would have to be Ronnie Coleman, Dorian Yates, Jay Cutler and Andy Bolton. Sadly, all of them had to use steroids to win and get as big and strong as they are. Without steroids, I imagine they could only do half of what they did while on them, and they just don’t seem to look right while drugged, with all of those muscles sticking out like that from low-weight, high-rep isolation exercises. rofl Brooks Kubik, in his weight training publication Dinosaur Training, refers to them as “drug babies,” because they couldn’t get anywhere without using drugs. It is my goal to get just as strong as they are, “natty” (meaning naturally, or drug free) and become a “dinosaur” like one of the old-time strongmen by doing heavy-weight, low-rep compound exercises.

Well good luck to you in that endeavor. It can be pretty difficult to push higher once you plateau and sometimes gear can get you where you need to go. I won't hold it against anyone who uses steroids as a body builder, it's pretty common. If you can do it without then more power to you emotion_brofist  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 7:42 pm
Spooky Mittens
Well good luck to you in that endeavor. It can be pretty difficult to push higher once you plateau and sometimes gear can get you where you need to go. I won't hold it against anyone who uses steroids as a body builder, it's pretty common. If you can do it without then more power to you emotion_brofist

Oh, I have my ways of busting through plateaus. I have it all laid out before me. Thanks for the GL wish.  

Clash Badman

Spooky Mittens

Benevolent Spook

15,600 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 7:48 pm
Clash Badman
Oh, I have my ways of busting through plateaus. I have it all laid out before me. Thanks for the GL wish.

Now I poke emotion_dowant

I'll start with an easy one, what's your favorite Oakeshott archetype?  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 8:02 pm
Spooky Mittens
Now I poke emotion_dowant

I'll start with an easy one, what's your favorite Oakeshott archetype?

Type XXI, I believe. I like great swords. What’s your favorite sword type?  

Clash Badman

Spooky Mittens

Benevolent Spook

15,600 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 8:13 pm
Clash Badman
Type XXI, I believe. I like great swords. What’s your favorite sword type?

I'm a longsword boi tbh; Type 18b. For one handed swords I am in love with Type 2 Falchions, but I like the type 21 and 16. Though the 21 is a bit of an odd duck since it's used more often to reference Cinquedea which can be sword length or dagger length.  
OOC Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff