Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Herbology II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 4:54 pm
User Image
User Image
โ™ฅ ๐“ผ๐’†๐“ฌ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐”‚๐’†๐“ช๐“ป โ™ก ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฟ๐’†๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ต๐“ช๐”€ โ™ฅ

Monika happily nodded to her friend, waddling over to a tree station with her friend clinging to her arm. When they had picked out their tree, she slipped on her gloves and picked up a pair of sheers. Looking over their tree, she figured they had picked a decent one. It looked healthy enough, the green leaves it had perking up with life, and the few dead branches it had seemed to be clearly identifiable. Ahnna snipped off a branch, asking if it was one of the ones they were supposed to dispose of. "Yeah, that one looked good. Well, it was bad, but good that you cut it off," she replied with a smile. Picking out a drooping, shriveled branch, Moni carefully cut it off with a sharp snip sound. It fell to the table, where she brushed it aside. "So how did Quidditch tryouts go? I don't think I asked you about them yet," she added. When it came time for her house's Quidditch matches, she would surely be in attendance to cheer on her friend, and other friends on the other teams.

I am moving through the crowd. Trying to find myself.
                                                                Feel like a guitar that's never played. Will someone strum away?
                                                                And I ask myself, who do I wanna be? Do I wanna throw away the key?
                                                                And invent a whole new me? And I tell myself, no one, no one.
                                                                Don't wanna be no one but me.

โ™ฅ x x โ™ก x x โ™ฅ

ใ€ OOC: . . . ใ€‘

Devlyn Maycry

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 9:31 pm
User Image
                                                                They're gonna ๐” ๐”ฉ๐”ข๐”ž๐”ซ ๐”ฒ๐”ญ your looks
                                                                With all the ๐”ฉ๐”ฆ๐”ข๐”ฐ in the books
                                                                To make a ๐” ๐”ฆ๐”ฑ๐”ฆ๐”ท๐”ข๐”ซ out of you

โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”“
                                                                Where?Herbology Class
                                                                Who? Second years
                                                                Thoughts?I am so going to become fertilizer before this year is over.

โ”—โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”›

xxx
                                                                Jack absolutely, totally, and utterly hated this class more than any other in Hogwarts. Not only was the professor an utter nightmare, but Jack was abysmal at taking care of plants. Hoping to save himself from absolute torture, he slipped into class and stood next to Fianna. "Hey Fianna...I hope you don't mind too much, but I'd like to be your partner. You're much better than I am in this class...I'd be more than happy to help you in another class if you'd like." He was so desperate, he hated being forced into this class but knew that it was an important core and he'd have to get at least an Acceptable for his OWL or he'd never hear the end of it.

Listening to Professor Hill, Jack gulped at he picked up the shears in shaking hands. He reached for the tree, aiming for a withered branch and closed the shears. And his eyes. Opening them, he stared in horror as he missed the branch he wanted, instead clipping off a healthy one. "Oh no. Oh no. Fianna," he hissed between his teeth, "what do I do?" He was terrified beyond all reason, something he'd never actually experienced before.

โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”
                                                                OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Because they ๐”ฐ๐”ฉ๐”ข๐”ข๐”ญ with a gun
                                                                And keep an ๐”ข๐‘ฆ๐”ข on you, son
                                                                So they can ๐”ด๐”ž๐”ฑ๐” ๐”ฅ all the things you do

Mephis Inferni

Hilarious Smoker

4,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:22 am
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor โ”‚ Second Year โ”‚ Twelve Years Old โ”‚ Single

Fianna smiled as Jack asked to partner up with her; she nodded, and said, "Yeah, sure, I'd like that." When he complimented her, she blushed slightly, and admitted, "I'm only okay in this class because my grandmother and my cousin gave me remedial tutoring over the summer."

As they tucked into the job, Fianna had her notes open for referral, and she pointed at the diagram she'd copied from Selina's Herbology study guide. "Just follow the directions, and don't snip too much off, or we'll injure the plant."

Mephis Inferni

OOC:
Username

User ImageUser Image
                  Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  We are legends, every day"
                  That's what she told me

Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  Under this pressure, under this weight
                  We are diamonds"

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:22 am
User Image
                                                      ษšSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

SสŸสแด›สœแด‡ส€ษชษด AสŸแดœแดษดษช || Oแดกษดแด‡ส€, Dแดษขแดกแด‡แด‡แด… & Dแด‡แด€แด›สœแด„แด€แด˜s || Hแด‡ส€ส™แดสŸแดษขส Pส€แดา“แด‡ssแดส€

Jason entered the classroom where the tables and chairs had been replaced from the last lesson, ready to work. Setting up for the new lesson was easy, as there were two pots per student, one already with a plant inside, and the other just filled halfway with soil. There was also a collection of earmuffs of various sizes and colours on the front table, where Jason settled as he waited for the students to enter.

It didn't take long for the classroom to fill up, which Jason shut with a wave of his wand and shut and locked the door. His eyes then bore into the students seated before him.
                                                      "Considering how you did last lesson, I am honestly surprised. At least a few of you seemed to be more competent than you showed last year, and I am highly disappointed that you did not reveal this during classes. As such, I don't find myself feeling as though this class is going to be a complete disaster like I fear it could easily be. However, I will state right now that I find anyone acting as fools or incompetents during this lesson, you will be kicked from the classroom immediately. No exceptions." Jason gestured to the plant beside him, which shook lightly as he spoke. "This, students, is a mandragora, or what is commonly called a Mandrake. Mandrakes, if handled improperly, can kill a person that is handling them. I imagine that some of you would be willing to test this theory, but I assure you, these mandrakes are incapable of killing at their current age. Mandrakes, when fully grown, kill with their screams. These ones, however, are too immature to kill in that fashion. Anyone here know precisely why that would be?"

Thinking: If anyone tries anything foolish this class...
                                                      OOC:

ษšHelp me believe it's not the real mexxx
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:49 pm
Yeah, and I don't like talking to strangers
So get the ******** off me I'm anxious
I'm tryna be cool but I might just go ape s**t
Say ******** y'all to all of y'all faces
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image
โ’“ | ๏ผญ๏ฝ•๏ฝ‡๏ฝ‡๏ฝŒ๏ฝ…๏ฝ‚๏ฝ๏ฝ’๏ฝŽ | ๏ผณ๏ฝŒ๏ฝ™๏ฝ”๏ฝˆ๏ฝ…๏ฝ’๏ฝ‰๏ฝŽ ๏ผณ๏ฝ…๏ฝƒ๏ฝ๏ฝŽ๏ฝ„ ๏ผน๏ฝ…๏ฝ๏ฝ’

โœ• โœ– โœ—โœ˜ Wren walked into the greenhouse not even raising his eyebrow at the change of scenery more than used to it at this point in time though he did eye the plants and earmuffs with a bit of curiosity. He picked one of the more blander versions of the earmuffs, just plain black, and briefly wondered if he could sneak them in his bag without the professor knowing. Compared to all his other professors, he generally respected the Herbology professor, mainly do to his no bullshite attitude so he'd feel only a little bit of guilt from stealing from him. Though the echo of pain from his ears from last year's frost bite was a better motivator than would-be guilt. He took his usual spot away from the other students hoping he wouldn't have to work with another partner this week and waited for the lesson to begin. The preteen gave a slight smirk at the backhanded compliment awarded to his year mates and himself and listened for what exactly they'd be doing with these mandrakes. He remembered their reading over the things (and the ugly pictures that depicted them) and when no one had risen their hand for the question he decided he'd give it a go. Maybe he'd kill someone from shock if he was lucky. "Before mandrakes are mature enough for their screams to kill, their screams could only knock someone out cold for a few hours. Which is probably why you gave us these earmuffs." Wren stated eyeing his own pair with new understanding.

Oh, it's just me, myself and I
Solo ride until I die
Cause I got me for life
(Got me for life, yeah)
Oh I don't need a hand to hold
Even when the night is cold
I got that fire in my soul

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:47 am
~ New Year ~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:49 am
User Image

User Image

SสŸสแด›สœแด‡ส€ษชษด AสŸแดœแดษดษช || Oแดกษดแด‡ส€, Dแดษขแดกแด‡แด‡แด… & Dแด‡แด€แด›สœแด„แด€แด˜s || Hแด‡ส€ส™แดสŸแดษขส Pส€แดา“แด‡ssแดส€

Jason took a seat on the table in front of the greenhouse. He watched as the students filed in, and he crossed his arms as he waited for everyone to find a place to stand, This first lesson, he was npt going to have them sitting. Instead, their seats and tables had been removed to make room for potted trees. Next to the trees were tools set out on small tables. His own desk and chair had also been removed, making room for the tree he was to attend to and demonstrate on, and the werewolf rubbed his forehead, knowing there was going to be quite a bit of grumbling before this was all over .

As the last students filed in, he flicked his wand, the doors shutting and locking immediately before he stood. His eyes bored into the children before him.
                                                      "Welcome back to the new term. As we are well aware of each other, and you should already have a firm grasp on what you learned in the year previous, we shall not go back over that. Instead, we are going to plunge right into the new material for this year. As always, any grumbling and complaints about the class will be listened to, and promptly ignored, unless you happen to be a professional herbologist. As the only one currently in this school besides myself is Professor Thorne, I would suggest you listen well."

Jason gestured to the trees before each student and to his own, waiting until all eyes were on him before proceeding. "As you can see, there are trees in place of your tables and benches today. These particular trees are called Abyssinian Shrivelfigs. If you don't know what those are, they are a variety of figs found in Abyssinia. They happen to be a highly aggressive species, hardy enough to survive even in the wintertime due to its roots digging deep enough to survive even frost. Their fruits, which are a rich purple in colour, have a variety of uses beyond being edible. They can be peeled, and their juice used for potion-making. Their leaves, when harvested, also have a medicinal property useful in many poultices. Today, we are going to trim the trees before you. It's a simple matter. Using the shears located on your tables, find a stalk on the tree before you that is shrivelled and dead-looking. You them snip that branch off at the point where it joins a living portion of the plant. Like so."

Jason picked up his dragonhide gloves and slipped them on. Picking up the shears, he located a branch in need of trimming and snipped it off. Holding it up, he then gestured to the trees before each student. "Now, two to a tree, and please do not overtrim the trees. If it starts looking too skeletal, then please raise your hand and I will look over the plant you are working on. It could be that the one you are caring for is ill and needs treatment."

He then glanced toward the twins in class, thinking that Colton could help his brother out with this assignment. "Mister Overton, I would like for you to assist your brother Connor in identifying and trimming the tree you choose. In this case, you are the only person with a mandatory partner. Help him feel the stalks you are going to trim and identify where you need to be trimmed. I can come by in a bit to check your progress."

Thinking: At least let this group be semi-intelligent...
                                                      OOC:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:10 am
Human, behave yourself, you have burst at the seams-
Let it all fall out; open your mouth.
Often I lie wide awake, think of things I can make...
But I don't seem to have the parts to build them.
Human, I wonder why you're a better make,
Than I could ever build or create,
You know not love or hate!

User Image
๐“‰๐’พ๐‘’๐“‡๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐“ƒ
๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“‡๐“‡๐’พ๐‘’๐“‰
๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“๐“๐‘’๐“Ž

SECOND YEAR โ”‚ PUREBLOOD โ”‚ RAVENCLAW

Tiernan adored Herbology, and Professor Hill was in fact her favorite professor. Sure, he was a little ill-tempered, but he also knew so much about plants it amazed her. She just wanted him to know that she really, truly, cared about this class. She'd spend all day in the greenhouses if she could! She smiled brightly upon hearing that there would be no review, and looked about to clap her hands in excitement at the potted tree before her. She'd already read up on all the material for this year, so she knew all about the shrivelfigs. The Ravenclaw plucked up her shears and got to work, humming.

OOC:
Username

I am so scared of what will kill me in the end...
For I am not prepared, I hope I will get the chance-
To be someone, to be human, look what we've done-
Human, I'm trying to come clean, I will be a better me!
I will not drink until I'm dead, I'll make the most of it.
I don't know what it's like to be alive, to say goodbye...
To cry a thousand times because my ears won't listen.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:32 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Gavin did his best to suppress a groan (though not well) and did his best to focus on the professor without actually looking at him. Professor Hill was not any more pleasant to his second years than his first yearsโ€”well at least it's not personal?โ€”but really, he could do without all of the glaring and threatening. He gets enough of that at home when his father starts off on another bloody rant about ministry conspiracies. At least that was halfway interesting. This? This is just fancy gardening. Glancing sideways, he noticed Tiernan humming like a bee about the shrivelfig. Side-stepping to join her plant, he grinned and thought, there's no way he could fail with Tiernan as a partner, right? โ€Ello,โ€ he greeted, then jumped straight into the lesson. This should be easy, he thought, strapping on his gloves and snapping his sheers to test them out before moving onto the branches. Only one in every fifteen or so seemed to need sheering, but he fumbled around longer than necessary just to fill in the time.

โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
Herbology Class
Uniform
12 yrs โ˜ช 5' 1" โ˜ช 96lbs
โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

[OOC://xXx]

[quote="]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:59 pm
User Image

R E Y N AxxxW H Y T E

๏ผณ๏ผฅ๏ผฃ๏ผฏ๏ผฎ๏ผคx๏ผน๏ผฅ๏ผก๏ผฒ xxxโ™ฆxxx๏ผณ๏ผฌ๏ผน๏ผด๏ผจ๏ผฅ๏ผฒ๏ผฉ๏ผฎxxxโ™ฆxxx๏ผฒ๏ผฅ๏ผณ๏ผฅ๏ผฒ๏ผถ๏ผฅx๏ผข๏ผฅ๏ผก๏ผด๏ผฅ๏ผฒ

โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”

Herbology was definitely interesting. Sure, Professor Hill was extremely strict and prickly (hah!) but he wasn't bad and the class was enjoyable. Not one of her best subjects but not one of her worst. When Professor Hill finished speaking, Rey pulled on her gloves and picked up a pair of shears as she approached the shrivelfigs. She carefully searched for shrivelled branches and trimmed them off, working quickly.

โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”“
                                                          a txxthe greenhousexxxxxw i t hxxher classmates
                                                          f e e l i n gxxcalmxxxxxw e a r i n gxxher uniform

โ”—โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”›

o o c
                                                      โ”โ”โ”โ”
                                                      - - - - - - - - -

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

Xistund

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:29 am
Get down to Paris; I know a chic restaurant-
Sip from a chalice; we can drink all we want!
We can dance up close, head to head...
My love I shall bestow-
Who says romance is dead?
Mmm, I'm a perfectionist, a perfectionist.

User Image
vฮนฯ„ฯƒฯปฮนะณ
ฯ€ฮนฯ‚ฯƒlฮน

ะฝฮปlา“ฯ‘ฯlฯƒฯƒd ะฝฮตฮนะณ โ”‚ sฮตฯ‚ฯƒฯ€d ฯˆฮตฮปะณ โ”‚ slฯˆฯ„ะฝฮตะณฮนฯ€

Vito was in no rush to head to class, he'd actually not mind at too much if he'd miss it actually but he had a reputation he'd like to keep as a somewhat good student so he sadly had no plans of hooky. It was not that he hated the subject that much, even though it was a field of study that Vito saw no interest seeking a career in but the professor seemed to take every small thing Vito did wrong as a personal slight. He took his seat and was soon set to work trimming shrivelfigs, without even a 'hope you had a good summer.' Vito sighed a bit and got to work, partly wondering if the class was just an excuse to get free labor for Professor Hill's garden. He could not imagine the professor liked teaching, he did not seem to like students or people in general. Vito kept his thoughts to himself, he was already unpopular enough he'd hate to cost his house any unnecessary points.

OOC:
Username

Nothing is more serious than pleasure;
Happiness is impossible to measure.
The only life worth living is leisure...
Nothing is more serious than pleasure.
I like a winner; someone who knows their game-
A truthful sinner; there's no rush to fan the flames.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:12 pm
User ImageUser Image
Saio Mio Ukida
Second Year Hufflepuff
Adopted โ˜ผ Half-blood

Location : Herbology - Wednesday @ 2:00pm

Saio didnโ€™t mind Herbology. She loved nature and magical plants were no exception. Walking into the greenhouse the Hufflepuff took to listening to Professor Hill. She wanted to be prepared for what was going on in the dayโ€™s class. The activity of the day seemed fun as she watched what they were supposed to do. Putting her gloves on Saio turned to the plant before her. โ€œDonโ€™t worry Iโ€™ll fix you up.โ€ She said with a smile before picking up the shears and getting to work. Looking for anything that looked on the dead side, anything she found was sure to be cut from the tree. It would be perfect in no time!

With: Class...

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: ---

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:13 pm
User ImageUser Image
Richard Indigo Devereux
Second Year Gryffindor
Black Sheep of the Family

Location : Herbology - Wednesday @ 2:00pm

It wasnโ€™t that Richard didnโ€™t like Herbology. No. He couldnโ€™t even say he hated Professor Hill because he did. Granted he wasnโ€™t a fan, that however wasnโ€™t his problem. It was these bloody plants. They were so boring. Trimming treesโ€ฆ thatโ€™s what would consume the hour long class. Next to the lecture about some fig. Who honestly cared about some fig found in Abyssinia? Where was Abyssinia anyways? He didnโ€™t have the faintest idea. With a sigh, Richard listened to the instructions before getting to work. Trim the treeโ€ฆ wasnโ€™t hardโ€ฆ Looking at the shrivelfig in front of him he looked for any โ€˜deadโ€™ branches. When was this class going to get hard?

With : Class...

Attire : Gryffindor Uniform

OCC : - - -

Not afraid to be different!
                                                  Well isn't that refreshing!
                                                  Your family may be Slytherin, but I think you'll find your way in...
                                                  Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:05 pm
User Image

User Image

Jason entered the classroom where the tables and chairs had been replaced from the last lesson, ready to work. Setting up for the new lesson was easy, as there were two pots per student, one already with a plant inside, and the other just filled halfway with soil. There was also a collection of earmuffs of various sizes and colours on the front table, where Jason settled as he waited for the students to enter.

It didn't take long for the classroom to fill up, which Jason shut with a wave of his wand and shut and locked the door. His eyes then bore into the students seated before him.
                                                      "Considering how you did last lesson, I am honestly surprised. At least a few of you seemed to be more competent than you showed last year, and I am highly disappointed that you did not reveal this during classes. As such, I don't find myself feeling as though this class is going to be a complete disaster like I fear it could easily be. However, I will state right now that I find anyone acting as fools or incompetents during this lesson, you will be kicked from the classroom immediately. No exceptions." Jason gestured to the plant beside him, which shook lightly as he spoke. "This, students, is a mandragora, or what is commonly called a Mandrake. Mandrakes, if handled improperly, can kill a person that is handling them. I imagine that some of you would be willing to test this theory, but I assure you, these mandrakes are incapable of killing at their current age. Mandrakes, when fully grown, kill with their screams. These ones, however, are too immature to kill in that fashion. Anyone here know precisely why that would be?"

Thinking: If anyone tries anything foolish this class...
                                                      OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100