Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
[Discussion] parent's reaction when they saw you liked Yaoi? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What happened when they found out!?
  I was in trouble
  I got yelled at
  They dont know! >.<
  They were fine with it! O.O
View Results

Outbreak Signal

Dapper Dabbler

7,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:44 pm
My mother doesn't know, I don't think. *blinks* Or she might.

Either way, it's just not talked about.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:01 pm
My parents might. well they do, but i don't think they know what it is.

I came home from a convention wearing a Yaoi, My anti-drug shirt and my mom just gave me a funny look when she saw it... so i'm not really sure if she knows what it is or not..  

eva88

volley15

15,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:44 pm
Well concitering they don't know... hehehe sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:48 pm
My dad may be a bit homophobic (judging by a drunken rant about Brokeback) and my mom's so totally not (she went on vacation with a galfriend and they'd spent the entire week partying with a gay guy and his sister). But I really don't think they've clicked on it yet. Despite the fact that my mother once saw a 1X2 pic on my desktop (Duo had his hair down so she though he was a girl, the same pic is 2nd in the Gundam photo thread), and that I own all the Fake mangas and the OVA, and that I'm so openly passionate on the same-sex marriage issue that she's contantly making fun of me for it. They're not overly inquisitive (or overly bright), thank Godz.  

Foxglove_Wanderer

Aeronwyn

14,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:43 pm
My parents have always been cool with it. My dad thinks it's slightly perverted, but funny. My brother is just a typical 14 year old boy and as such couldn't give a damn what his older sister does. My mum always pulls a face when I mention it and says something like, "I don't know if I could read that." Lol. But she doesn't mind me reading it, she helped me look for some yaoi manga when we went shopping the other day - and was totally unfazed by the warnings and plastic-wrappedness of it.

Even my nan tells me about TV shows with gay characters and says stuff like, "you would have liked it, you like gayboys!!"
smile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:34 pm
Reactions expressed as emoticons:
Parents: eek eek --> mad mad
Grandparents: eek eek
Sisters: rolleyes rolleyes
Friends: 3nodding
Enemies: lol

My reaction to theirs: cry talk2hand  

CARLY GAY JEPSEN

Shameless Man-Lover

8,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

manga_lover2005

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:54 pm
My parents dont know (thank god) or they could have sent my little sister to check eek oh well... My friends all love it...my sisters love it...my brother thinks I'm a freak...but I'm trying to make him read it! *evil laugh* MWAHAHAHAHAHAH twisted  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:40 pm
my mom doesnt know but if she did
she would flip and i would get beat down with the broom
stick literally she hates gays she thinks its disgusting
and i think shes a bish  

pancake_is_god

Second-Leiutenant Finn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:28 pm
My parents have no freeking Idea... Teehee. twisted  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:35 am
Dad = scream *is booted*

Brother = gonk *punches*

Friend = heart *huggle*

Female Friends= 4laugh *glomp*

So yeah, thats basically how it went...

Exotic~Muffin

Ichigohiko

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:51 pm
I've chatted with my parents when the whole media event with gays and lesbians. *shrugs* Mums knows that stuff like seeing guys together or making out, women vice versa. Dadums...well..-.-; That was interestings since it doesn't bother him and he has some lesbian friends. They know that I will say "Aw those two guys are cute." And the whole subject is AOK in our house, seeing how my bestfriend/verbally adopted brother is gay. ^^;; If they ever found out about yaoi...Mums will probably give me a strange look because of how graphic it is and tell me that I'm strange while Dadums would just shrug and say if I enoy it, watch it.

Though the rest of my family doesn't know at all. Let's keep it that way. I'm afraid of them finding out.  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:32 am
My dad doesn't know for many reasons. 1) He's proven to be homophobic and as long as I'm in the same house with him I'd like to keep down on the tension, 2) He's hard man to discuss anything with, 3) He's not the kind of person to invite telling stuff about yourself too.

My mom is a different story. She found through my older sister trying to get into my business. (I know she was trying to get closer to me and know be me better but she was getting very nosy about something I didn't want to discuss with her, especially with parents in listening distance.) She told she wouldnt' love me any less if I was a lesbian. I guess she found that a sign that I am, even though as far as I know I'm not. It probably has something to do with her brother being gay, though.  

Ace of Blue Spades

Questionable Cat

32,450 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100

Lunarisa

5,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:11 pm

Dad: eek -> scream *takes my computer and all my manga away*

Mother: cool

Step-father: cool

Brother: mad -> scream *beats*

Grandmother: eek *heart attack*

Grandfather: evil

all of these actually happened. but i got my computer and manga back eventually (after my parents got divorced) and my grandmother is still alive.

only 2 of my best friends know that i read shonen-ai/yaoi, while the rest think i only read normal straight romance manga.  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:40 pm
Lunarisna

Dad: eek -> scream *takes my computer and all my manga away*

Mother: cool

Step-father: cool

Brother: mad -> scream *beats*

Grandmother: eek *heart attack*

Grandfather: evil

all of these actually happened. but i got my computer and manga back eventually (after my parents got divorced) and my grandmother is still alive.

only 2 of my best friends know that i read shonen-ai/yaoi, while the rest think i only read normal straight romance manga.

Your Grandmother actually had a heart attack? And your brother actually beat you up? wow. that's harsh. Are you male or female?  

Kuroi Kokoro no Mendori

Chemically_used66

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:34 pm
None of My family knows yet. *Thanks god* I thought about letting them know, 'cos...Just 'Cos. And, first I just brought up the topic of gays/lesbiens.

And.

They gave me this whole huge lecture on like. Why I should be a homophobe. Only. Not exactly with those words. O_O

Durring that lecture. They asked me like five gajillion times if I was like. 'not straight' They wouldn't even say it. >.<

But. If they DID find out. I imagine it would be like this;

Mom: scream *bites head off* *disowns* *grounds forever*
Dad: scream *gets over it after a while*
Grandma/grandpa: eek scream *Doesn't look at the same way anymore*
Aunts/uncles: eek WTF?
Though, Joe would like...be like my mom...

Cousin: eek *slowly start to like it* And. Then. Will probably be all like 'Damn this stuff is cool' 'Cos. All of them copy me. O_O Music, style, everything. xD

O_O;  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces