Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Advanced Flying I ~ Lesson 1/3 (Open 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:52 pm
User Image

----------r ι d e r--------w ι l ѕ o n----------

♪ Let the rain fall down ♫
♪ And wake my dreams ♫
♪ Let it wash away ♫
♪ My sanity ♫

----------т н ι r d----y e a r----н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ-----------

Rider felt awkward being in a class with primarily second years, but she hadn't known this class existed earlier. Otherwise, she would have taken it last year. She frowned as she looked around, then spotted Selina. That was someone she knew well. Maybe this is how she'd make friends with people from the year after her. When it came to introductions, Rider blushed a little. "Um, hey everyone. I'm Rider Wilson. I'm playing Quidditch for Hufflepuff and I'm playing Chaser. I'm... uh... also a third year. Didn't know this class existed until it was too late. But I'm looking forward to it."

♪ 'Cause I wanna feel the thunder ♫
♪ I wanna scream ♫
♪ I'm coming clean, I'm coming clean ♫

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{...}

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 3:12 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Class (on the pitch)

Landon listened to his students with get interest. It sure sounded like he had a good group of kids. "I'm happy to hear you're willing to go outside your comfort zone Lola." he added with a smile. "As for you Layton it's good to see you're willing to do what most would deem impossible." Landon added brightly. "As for the rest of you, you've all come to the right place." he said addressing the rest of the class. "I'm glad to have all of you here and would be happy to help each and every one of you improve your flying, as well as get you on your house teams if that's what you are trying for." he told them before jumping into the lesson.

“Now for today our first topic will be the basics of Quidditch. Since I’m guessing most if not all of you know about Quidditch this will be a bit of review. Even so I hope all for you brought something to write with so you can take notes. If not I can provide you with such.” Landon told the class. “Two teams play against one another and each team consists of three Chasers, two Beaters, a Keeper, and Seeker. Now as you probably all know the Chasers shoot the Quaffle into the three goal posts while the Keeper guards the goal posts. The Beaters keep the bludgers from hitting their teammates and hit them towards the other team’s players. Lastly we have the Seeker whose job is to catch the Golden Snitch.” He continued as he looked at his class.

“Clearly the object of the game is to score more points than the other team. Each successful goal with the Quaffle is ten points and the snitch is one hundred and fifty points. Lastly once the snitch is caught the game is over.” Landon finished. “Now if you have any questions ask away if not you are dismissed. Next week we’ll be learning a flying technique so bring your brooms.”

With: my second year class

Wearing: Professional

OOC: ---

King Beardly
Devonte Bannister
Layton Bannister

SummerIsles
Rider Willson

Graydon Ironshield
Selina Grey

mc2
Lola Ye

Cara MiaKitty
Ivy Bishop

amo10690
Adaline Davenport

Diamond Wales
Joel Powell

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:44 am
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

“Good afternoon class. Today is the day you’ve all been waiting for because we will be learning how to do a barrel roll on our brooms. So if you don’t have one I suggest coming up and taking a broom please.” Landon instructed as he waited for everyone present to grab a broom before starting. “Alright now, before we all go flying around I don’t want anyone having to take a trip to the hospital wing so listen up.” He told them before continuing. “A barrel roll is a roll going from side to side for the purpose of avoiding an object while continuing on a straight path. In order to do this safely you keep a firm grip on your broom and lock your feet and legs together before you lean over with enough force to spin all the way around, it doesn’t take much.” Landon explained.

“Now I’ll demonstrate and then you all can have at it.” Landon told them as he got onto his broom. Pushing off the ground he circled around before going in a straight path. Locking himself to his broom Landon leaned over to his side with enough force to spin all the way around until he was back upright before coming to a complete stop. "So who wants to give it a shot?"

King Beardly
Devonte Bannister 1/1
Layton Bannister 1/1

SummerIsles
Rider Willson 1/1

Graydon Ironshield
Selina Grey 1/1

mc2
Lola Ye 1/1

Cara MiaKitty
Ivy Bishop 0/1

amo10690
Adaline Davenport 1/1

Diamond Wales
Joel Powell 0/1

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:27 pm
User Image

♪ And wake my dreams ♫
♪ Let it wash away ♫
♪ My sanity ♫

Rider had with her the broom she was currently borrowing from the school for the purpose of playing on the team. Which was good, because today they were learning how to barrel roll. Rider was so excited for that! She listened to the Professor and watched him demonstrate, then jumped forward when he asked for volunteers to try it. "Me! I'll try it!" Smiling excitedly, she mounted her broom. Then she pushed off, getting a little air. Then she leaned forward and bolted off. Leaning heavily to her right, she started to spin. After she completed two whole spins, she righted herself before letting out a victory cry. Her heart hammering, Rider landed on the ground and giggled excitedly.

♪ I wanna scream ♫

{...}

SummerIsles

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:06 pm
User Image
                                                    And you don't seem the lying kind
                                                    A shame then I can read your mind
                                                    And all the things that I read there

User Image

════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅱ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ |Ⅱ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

Selina had her own broomstick, which she'd purchased over the summer, if for no other reason she didn't want to depend upon some of the school's rather dodgy looking brooms for the class. She was fairly sure one of the reasons her friend Ceri had such issues last term was the fact the school issue brooms were so rickety they simply couldn't handle what they were called upon to do by students learning how to fly.

When Professor Price asked for volunteers, she was happy to see Rider take center stage and show the rest of the class how to get it done. "I'll give it shot," Selina offered, after Rider set the bar for the rest of the class. After mounting her broomstick, Selina allowed it to float into the air before leaning forward and launching into the sky.

Leaning to one side, Selina caused her mount to corkscrew through the air a couple times before coming out of the maneuver straight and level and hovering a few feet above the ground, taking care not to one-up her friend and do anything which might be taken as being 'showy'. Even so, she looked pleased as she settled back down to the pitch.

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:
                                                    User Image

Candle lit smile that we both share
                                                    and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                                    But you know that it means so much
                                                    And you don't even feel a thing

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:40 pm
User Image

Adaline arrived to class holding her new favorite possession. Her father had bought her a broom for making the first line team. It was perfect for her considering all she wanted to do was play as a beater. How her father had managed to afford it she'll never know and how he picked it out? Pretty sure he asked for someone else to get it but it didn't bother Addie. The girl was ecstatic with it regardless. The professor began his lecture on barrel rolls, the small brunette couldn't seem to think of a single situation when that maneuver would be relevant for her position. There's no way a beater would roll out of the way of a Bludger so she watched as two other girls in the class showed off a bit.  

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:26 pm
I could buy myself a reason,
I could sell myself a job,
I could hang myself on treason,
All the folks I know are gone

User Image

User Image

Second year ║ Slytherin ║ Pureblood ║ Chaser

Devonte walked out with Layton onto the pitch, a bit tired himself but he was sure flying around would wake him up. He wasn't exactly stoked to be on the field for whatever reason, but Layton was, and it was kind of annoying. He watched as the other students demonstrated, and then as Layton himself went up. He watched silently, rubbing the sleepiness out of his eyes.

OOC:

Quote:

So I ate the wedding cake,
Until the whole damn thing was gone,
And I'm gonna drown the ocean,
Now ain't none of that so wrong?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:29 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

Landon was pretty sure that his class would be able to pull this off. He had a good bunch of kids this year that he knew would be able to do it. “Good afternoon class, today we will be learning how to stand on our brooms.” He told them. “It requires a great deal of balance so for this class we’ll start with simply hovering, after that we'll move onto actual movement while maintaining balance.” Landon added. “Now, holding onto your broom with both hands, position one foot on your broom in front of you, from there keep a steady balance and place your other foot behind that one.” He explained, while doing so he demonstrated along with his words. “When you’re sure you have a good firm balance let go and then you can straighten yourself up.” he finished standing on his broom as it hovered above the ground. “Now, have at it and take your time this isn’t a competition.” He added hoping they would keep that in mind.

King Beardly
Devonte Bannister 2/2
Layton Bannister 2/2

SummerIsles
Rider Willson 2/2

Graydon Ironshield
Selina Grey 2/2

mc2
Lola Ye 1/2

Cara MiaKitty
Ivy Bishop 0/2

amo10690
Adaline Davenport 2/2

Diamond Wales
Joel Powell 0/2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:23 pm
User Image

♪ And wake my dreams ♫
♪ Let it wash away ♫
♪ My sanity ♫

This class was definitely an interesting one and Rider quite enjoyed it, even if it did sometimes scare her straight. But learning this stuff would make her a better Quidditch player and she rather enjoyed that. Not that she wanted to play professionally, but it was a good way to free her mind from her studies. Walking onto the practice pitch for class, Rider took her spot. When the Professor explained the lesson for the day, Rider gasped. Standing on the broom... well, that didn't too safe... But then again, neither did barrel rolling and she had rather enjoyed that. Rider nodded as the Professor explained everything, then mounted her broom and set it to hover. She maneuvered like the Professor had told her and moved to stand up. She was wobbly at first, but ultimately, Rider found she could stand on the broom. It was just like in Muggle gym class when she tried to stand on the balance beams. Focusing on that thought, Rider found it rather easy to stand on the broom.

♪ I wanna scream ♫

{...}

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:45 pm
User Image
                                                    And you don't seem the lying kind
                                                    A shame then I can read your mind
                                                    And all the things that I read there

User Image

════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅱ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ |Ⅱ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

Selina strolled out onto the pitch, looking forward to the Advanced Flying class, with her broomstick slung over her shoulder. When she arrived, she took up a spot not far from where Rider stood. As Professor Price explained the nature of the day's lesson, Selina found herself nodding along. It was obvious this was a test of confidence as much as it was a test of dexterity and coordination. Standing on one's broom required absolute confidence in one's mastery over their broomstick, else even the most skilled gymnast wouldn't be able to pull it off.

After Rider went first, and showed everybody how easy it was (at least for her), Selina took her chance. The young Second Year Ravenclaw mounted her broomstick and touched off from the ground, slowly drifting upwards a few feet into the air. Choosing then to stop its upward progress, Selina was pleased to see her broomstick was straight and level in the air, as though it were a balance beam on the ground.

Grasping her broomstick with her hands, Selina carefully drew her legs up under her, so she was crouched upon it. 'Just like gym class,' she thought. 'At least there isn't some nun here waiting to punish us for failure.' When she was ready, Selina let go of the broomstick, and held out her arms to her sides before she started to straighten up. Taking her time, and bobbling only slightly, Selina carefully stood up.

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:
                                                    User Image

Candle lit smile that we both share
                                                    and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                                    But you know that it means so much
                                                    And you don't even feel a thing

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:02 pm
User Image

Addie made her way to pitch with her broom tucked under her arm. The girl was looking forward to learning a new technique to help her be a better beater for her team. They were all working hard on the Gryffindor team to hopefully they would get a good shot at the cup this year.

The brunette listened as they learned they were going to learn to stand on their brooms. The girl frowned wondering again how this was going to improve her skills as a beater. She mounter up and followed the professors instructions slowly clamoring to her feet once she was hovering. She was only standing for a few seconds before she lost her balance and toppled off her broom completely. The small brunette pulled herself to her feet and brushed the dirt from her jeans.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:54 pm
New Year 2030 - 2031

*Will be Posted Tomorrow*

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:01 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

Landon walked onto the field for his first class of the year. He was looking forward to see what students would be taking his class. He wanted to leave them with a lasting impression and hopefully he'd have some enjoyable students that would want to continue it the following year. Of course with Emma been sorted into Hufflepuff and seemingly making fast friends. He didn't have to worry about her, he could look forward to having her in his class next year.

As students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good afternoon everyone I hope your first day back has been going well so far. I'm Professor Price and I'll be your instructor for the next two years." he told them brightly. "Now since this is my first time seeing all of you I'd like you to tell me your names, houses, and why you decided to take my class." he instructed. "I understand that a lot of you want to play Quidditch while you're here but I'm sure you all aren't going out to be pros afterwords." he added with a smile. "So, if you plan on playing Quidditch I'd love to hear what position you would like to play or currently play."

OOC: Please note that if a student does not show up for class 10 points will be deducted from their house. Unless you are absent from the guild or reason is given for missing that class. First time a class is missed will be waved from point deduction.

RedEagleEye007
Lionel Lira

The Forgotten Weasley
Asteria Frey

Utsuha Moon
Drayce Irvine

mc2
Sera Avery

Sir Spazalots
Cathaoir Killough

mihori_0624
Dawn Yamamoto

Essy ze Ninja
Tristan Hastings

Diamond Wales
Zephyros Whitethorne

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:59 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxLionel Santiago Lira
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHufflepuffxSecond Year

"There are big ships and small ships."

Lionel walked onto the field, ready for the first day of the advanced flying course. He certainly was going to need the class to practice his techniques and what not. He was in more need of learning how to accelerate more quickly because he was a keeper so it wasn't like he was flying at high speeds all the time, but when he needed to save it...well, he definitely needed to accelerate as quickly as possible.

He looked to the professor that would be teaching them and found that the man was rather friendly, which was nice. Professor Goldwind wasn't nearly as approachable. Having an approachable professor was key to learning at times for Lionel. Sometimes he didn't get something so he would ask about it, but obviously he wouldn't do that if he was afraid of the professor. So, needless to say, he was glad that they had a new professor for flying.

The man had done the usual, wanting them to do an introduction. Looking toward the man, Lionel went first. "My name's Lionel Lira, but I go by Leo or Leon. I'm in Hufflepuff and I am taking this course because I want to use it as great practice to get better in Quidditch," he said to the professor before starting again. "And I currently play keeper for the Hufflepuff team."

"But the best ship of all is friendship"

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:55 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

Landon listened to Lionel as he introduced himself. The boy was a Hufflepuff much like he was back in the day. With a friendly smile he said, "It's nice to meet you Leo. I too was a Hufflepuff during my time here. I played Chaser at your age all the way to the end of seventh year. Regardless, I'd be more than happy to help you become a better Quidditch player."

“For today our first topic will be the basics of Quidditch. Since I’m guessing most if not all of you know about Quidditch this will be a bit of review. Even so I hope all for you brought something to write with so you can take notes. If not I can provide you with such.” Landon told the class. “Two teams play against one another and each team consists of three Chasers, two Beaters, a Keeper, and Seeker. Now as you probably all know the Chasers shoot the Quaffle into the three goal posts while the Keeper guards the goal posts. The Beaters keep the bludgers from hitting their teammates and hit them towards the other team’s players. Lastly we have the Seeker whose job is to catch the Golden Snitch.” He continued as he looked at his class.

“Clearly the object of the game is to score more points than the other team. Each successful goal with the Quaffle is ten points and the snitch is one hundred and fifty points. Lastly once the snitch is caught the game is over.” Landon finished. “Now if you have any questions ask away if not you are dismissed. Next week we’ll be learning a flying technique so bring your brooms.”

RedEagleEye007
Lionel Lira

The Forgotten Weasley
Asteria Frey

Utsuha Moon
Drayce Irvine

mc2
Sera Avery

Sir Spazalots