Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Vampire Counts Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:39 am
EliotJamesRookwood
Yep, damn games-workshop and its odd money grubbing ways. Yet, much like an addiction I can't stop buying from them...

I know, it's pure evil. They keep raising the prices, everyone complains about the prices, and yet nobody is willing to boycott them to force the prices back down.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:48 am
Well, there are very few other companies to raise competition, although they are other companies, they don't have the industrial power that GW does. So essentially GW has a monopoly, and we all keep landing on Board walk with a hotel. xd  

EliotJamesRookwood

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:28 am
EliotJamesRookwood
Well, there are very few other companies to raise competition, although they are other companies, they don't have the industrial power that GW does. So essentially GW has a monopoly, and we all keep landing on Board walk with a hotel. xd
Only one? xd And also one of the greatest things about Warhammer is entering the tournaments to test your skills against other people, and you can't use non-GW models in those. So yeah, pretty much completely forced to buy their models. Though I find it odd that no other companies have come up with a large scale battle game like Warhammer. Makes you wonder just what GW has a copyright on...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:03 pm
One day I shall discover their secrets, and take-over!  

EliotJamesRookwood

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:25 pm
EliotJamesRookwood
One day I shall discover their secrets, and take-over!

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure they have a copyright on the ability to take over GW.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:42 pm
Copyright or not, I shall somehow undermine their authority and rule with an ironfist! Thats right, I'll have +1 Attack, or an extra armour save! Mwhahahahahahahahahahahaha. And just this has something to do with VC, Fellbats have wings. This allows them to fly. They fly and annoy people. The End.  

EliotJamesRookwood

Andreis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:46 pm
There are other large scale battle games.. just not many. Warhammer and Warhammer 40k are by far the best done... but yea.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:54 pm
Hey! You better have something to say about Vampire Counts, or a line from Thriller if your going to comment! blaugh  

EliotJamesRookwood

Andreis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:44 pm
Vampire counts are teh r0xX0rs! :B

More over I don't like the vampire counts all that much. They are cool, but undead don't suit me.. 'cept the tomb kings where pretty rad. I was like.. gawk gawk when they where advertised.
Now I am like SHURIKEN CATAPAULT IN THE HEAD! Hah...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:51 am
"And those who are found, without the soul for getting down, must stand and face the hounds of hell, and rot inside a corpsey shell.  

EliotJamesRookwood

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:58 pm
Anyway, just to spark up this thread again... Will the effectiveness of a VC army be affected by the new seventh edition rules, or will they remain unaffected? Your thoughts, opinions are welcome. As well, what new units do you think will be in the VC update?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:43 am
I heard the the lore of, I think light, rapes undead now....
Now I don't know if I want to start a VC army, if its just going to get crushed by every Empire/Elf/Lizardman player...
My Orcs seem to be better at dealing with thoes armies.  

Clockwork_Creep

Dangerous Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:55 pm
lord_illpalazzo
I heard the the lore of, I think light, rapes undead now....
Now I don't know if I want to start a VC army, if its just going to get crushed by every Empire/Elf/Lizardman player...
My Orcs seem to be better at dealing with thoes armies.

Pssh posh. Undead still have fear, and you can still counter Empire Magic easily enough. Elves and Lizardmen always are going to be able to magically rape armies, but you can prepare for that too. I also hear rumours of undead gaining new units and abilities, which will turn the tides. Do not fear the humans, the elves, nor the lizards, they can be beaten just like every other army, if you like how undead look, go with them. If you want some good old Orc fun, go with them, they're going to be re-done right after Humans.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:10 am
I actually think Orcs are first.
But my Orc army is big enough, and I feel its time to start something else.
New untis, eh?
Sounds good.

Which of the diffrent Vampire types do you think is best?
I was thinking a Necarch, so I can outmagic people. My normal opponets are Dwarfs, Lizardmen, and if I'm playing my own armies, Magic heavy orcs, small Empire and Skaven.  

Clockwork_Creep

Dangerous Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Reddemon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:20 am
I personally like blood dragons, but what about this, take the ladys, and turn your normal opponets heros on them, as I think they get their own magic gear from their parent list. Like take a Dwarf hero, make him nasty to face, like with a oath stone, and plop him in some kinda unit thats already hard to take, like Grave Gaurd  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff