Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:25 pm
Lethkhar
[Fraggle]
I'm thinking of taking a small 500 Point Khorne army for a campaign in my local club. Possible list:

1 Champion of Khorne
Halberd, Chaos Amour, Cloven Hooves

10 Chaos Warriors of Khorne
Extra Hand Weapons, Full Command

Then, Either

10 Chaos Warriors of Khorne
Extra Hand Weapons, Full Command

Or

X Flesh Hounds of Khorne

X Flesh Hounds of Khorne

(Two Small Units to try and flank/distract the enemy while my warriors get close)

Any Comments?

Marauders are usually pretty useful in small battles. Otherwise you just have too few men.

When what you really want is a few good men, an excellent movie. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:31 pm
I am thinking of makeing a almost all mortal Khorne army of about 1000 points. I like the think with two hand weapons. Could yall give me the advateges and disadvatedges of it?

Sorry for the bad spelling! sweatdrop  

Boranor

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:21 pm
Boranor
I am thinking of makeing a almost all mortal Khorne army of about 1000 points. I like the think with two hand weapons. Could yall give me the advateges and disadvatedges of it?

Sorry for the bad spelling! sweatdrop

The only disadvantage with Khorne and 2x hand weapons is the armour save. Can only get at best a 4+, and that chosen only too. You can only have one unit of chosen warriors. Though I give my Khorne warriors great weapons, nothing wrong with going that route.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:27 pm
Nothing wrong with great weapons? o.o;; So, striking last on every round you don't charge and relying on a 5+ save to protect your expensive models is worth it to you just so they get a strength boost?

Personally, I go the hand weapon and shield route. When your basic soldier has a 3+ close combat save and will go before most of his opponents will, I'm happy. Especially when you consider the Mark of Khorne makes you frenzied, giving you an extra attack anyways. Bump the unit up to chosen, and your basic warrior now has a 2+ close combat save with 3 attacks to bring the pain. That is what I call effective.

Daicon

Boranor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:25 am
Well i like to get to close combat in these kind of games so i guess khrone is the way to go. But with 2 hand weapons i would get four attacks right and only get a plus 4 save. Hey do armor saves work different in fantasy?
( Im a 40k player so i wouldnt know.)  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:42 am
Boranor
Well i like to get to close combat in these kind of games so i guess khrone is the way to go. But with 2 hand weapons i would get four attacks right and only get a plus 4 save. Hey do armor saves work different in fantasy?

You get a 4+ armor save, but if their strength is 4 it's reduced by one making it a 5+ armor save. If their strength is 5 6+, and if their strength is 6 you're screwed.

Using a hand weapon and a shield makes it so you automatically get +1 armor, so a 3+ armor save and the same rules apply. However, if you ever get into close combat you get a special that gives you another +1 armor save. (I honestly wish I had known about this when I was putting my chaos warriors together, but that's a different story) This makes your men have a 2+ armor save in close combat!

+2 armor is usually a better bet than +1 Attack unless you plan on them being a small impact unit. (Rather expensive for that if you ask me, but it's your choice.)  

Lethkhar

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:34 pm
Daicon
Nothing wrong with great weapons? o.o;; So, striking last on every round you don't charge and relying on a 5+ save to protect your expensive models is worth it to you just so they get a strength boost?

Personally, I go the hand weapon and shield route. When your basic soldier has a 3+ close combat save and will go before most of his opponents will, I'm happy. Especially when you consider the Mark of Khorne makes you frenzied, giving you an extra attack anyways. Bump the unit up to chosen, and your basic warrior now has a 2+ close combat save with 3 attacks to bring the pain. That is what I call effective.

Well, if you're like me, that's never been a problem. When comes to saves with my Khorne with great weapons I'm like a god. I can't count the number of times I needed a six to save and got it with my Khorne. Not to mention they get shot at the most, and usually only one, two at most, dies form a massive rain of shooting at them. So, I'm perfectly fine with Khorne having great weapons.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:11 pm
Lethkhar
Boranor

You get a 4+ armor save, but if their strength is 4 it's reduced by one making it a 5+ armor save. If their strength is 5 6+, and if their strength is 6 you're screwed.

Using a hand weapon and a shield makes it so you automatically get +1 armor, so a 3+ armor save and the same rules apply. However, if you ever get into close combat you get a special that gives you another +1 armor save. (I honestly wish I had known about this when I was putting my chaos warriors together, but that's a different story) This makes your men have a 2+ armor save in close combat!

+2 armor is usually a better bet than +1 Attack unless you plan on them being a small impact unit. (Rather expensive for that if you ask me, but it's your choice.)

I see thanks for the help im going wiht the shield.  

Boranor

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:22 am
Daemon_King
Daicon

Well, if you're like me, that's never been a problem. When comes to saves with my Khorne with great weapons I'm like a god. I can't count the number of times I needed a six to save and got it with my Khorne. Not to mention they get shot at the most, and usually only one, two at most, dies form a massive rain of shooting at them. So, I'm perfectly fine with Khorne having great weapons.

Not to mention 3 WS5, S5 attacks each is nothing to be ashamed of. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:20 pm
Lethkhar
Daemon_King
Daicon

Not to mention 3 WS5, S5 attacks each is nothing to be ashamed of. 3nodding
Amen to dat!  

Reddemon

FlashbackJon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:35 am
Just a quick 'un from a 40k player:

What exactly is the fluff behind the hellcannon? That is, what does it do?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:39 am
FlashbackJon

If my memory serves correct (Too lazy to check my book), it fires souls of the damned from a Daemonic War Machine.  

Drachyench

FlashbackJon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:47 am
Drachyench_The_Eternal
FlashbackJon

If my memory serves correct (Too lazy to check my book), it fires souls of the damned from a Daemonic War Machine.

I see the art depicts the sad little chaos dwarves loading skulls into its gaping map - is that fairly representative then of how it works?

What sort of damage does it do?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:58 am
FlashbackJon
Drachyench_The_Eternal
FlashbackJon

I see the art depicts the sad little chaos dwarves loading skulls into its gaping map - is that fairly representative then of how it works?

What sort of damage does it do?
It's the Bas of Fanasty  

Reddemon

FlashbackJon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:08 am
Reddemon
It's the Bas of Fanasty

Both convenient AND coincidental, then.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff