Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[-Aerywyn Highsong-]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:01 am
EliotJamesRookwood
Reddemon
Along with thinking of going Lizardmen, I'm thinking of maybe doing a Wood elf army instead. Should I go elf? Or bark?

Mix it up, use both the tree spirits, and elves.

I'm starting a wood elf army myself as my first fantasy army, and as such I've put a fair amount of research into it. So far I see it as that the Wood Elves are best at maneuvering, controlling and choosing fights, and causing fear. Can someone experienced tell me if I'm right. Hints would be cool too. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:34 pm
Aerywyn
EliotJamesRookwood
Reddemon
Along with thinking of going Lizardmen, I'm thinking of maybe doing a Wood elf army instead. Should I go elf? Or bark?

Mix it up, use both the tree spirits, and elves.

I'm starting a wood elf army myself as my first fantasy army, and as such I've put a fair amount of research into it. So far I see it as that the Wood Elves are best at maneuvering, controlling and choosing fights, and causing fear. Can someone experienced tell me if I'm right. Hints would be cool too. 3nodding

Woodelves are the best archers in the game, and can take out daemons with ease. Everything in their army can hurt a demon and deny its ward save. Woodelves aren't the best for causing fear, the elf units don't cause fear. They are fast, like all elves, and most importantly can go through forests like going through regular terrain. The basic strategy of a wood elf strategy is to piss you off with a lot of arrow shots, and then draw your opponent in a place where you can triple team a single unit. As it is with all elves, you have to charge, and do it on your terms, if you can't, your units will be destroyed, as none of them have any real armour. You can get a ton of attacks with an altar kindred, up to like 7 or 8 on a character, but its still a T3 elf with 2 Wounds, and no armour, if it gets hit even by a regular human, its probably finished.

Nice thing about the Forest Spirit rule. (Dryads, Tree Kin, Treemen) They are daemons, without having to suffer from instability, and all have at least T4, and 2 attacks. For 12 pts a model Dyrads are a steal. They at least get ward saves, and the Treeman can actually cast a spell. (Treesinging) With tree singing, you can transport units about in the safety of a forest, or more diabolically put a forest on your opponent, and then attack the unit that just had a forest basically land on them.

Thats about all I have to say.

ninja  

EliotJamesRookwood

Mystic_breeze

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:52 pm
3 cheers for the almighty wood elves! "hip hip horay" x 3  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:26 pm
Mystic_breeze
3 cheers for the almighty wood elves! "hip hip horay" x 3

mad Wood Elves annoy me, and my slow moving dwarves.  

EliotJamesRookwood

Andreis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:28 pm
Haha!

I had a friend talk to me about running wood elves in circles around Dwarves while peppering them with arrows.

How far do stardard dwarves move?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:12 pm
Andreis
Haha!

I had a friend talk to me about running wood elves in circles around Dwarves while peppering them with arrows.

How far do stardard dwarves move?

3 inches.  

Lethkhar

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:46 pm
Revised list:

Lord Choice:
Spellweaver
Level 4
Calaingor’s Stave
Moonstone of the Hidden Ways
Glamourweave
Great Eagle

Tree Singing
Rain Lord
Ariel’s Blessing
Bear’s Anger

Hero Choices:
Wood Elf Noble
Battle Standard Bearer
Saemrath-Banner of Zenith
Elven Steed
Light Armor

Wood Elf Noble
Great Eagle
Annoyance of Nettlings
Sword of 1000 Winters
Light Armor

Core Units:
Unit 20 Glade Guards w/
Lord’s Longbowman

Unit 20 Glade Guards w/
Lord’s Longbowman

8 Glade Riders

Special Units:
20 Eternal Guard w/ Gaemrath-The Banner of Midwinter

10 Wild Riders
w/ Saoghir-Banner of Dwindling and a Wild Hunter

5 Wardancers

Total: 1999

Don'y worry, we've figured out how to keep the wardancers from being shot to death. 5 is plenty for the job we have in mind.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:30 am
I love my Treeman no wood elf army is complete without a treeman but they are expensive. I mostly go for spirits and archers because i like them best.  

beiaryn

Crustasian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:09 pm
every army with a spellsinger should have the Calaingor's Stave, coz treesinging is the most useful spell u could get in that lore. and i just cant get over how awesome wardancers are, specially on the charge, stick them with a wardancer hero and u got urself an über assault unit which can take out whole units in one charge, if u charge at the rite place, ie not in the front. on the charge they are potentially heroes, with the +1 atk dance they have 3 atks at WS6 and Str4!! A unit of heroes!
im not sure about the treeman tho. it is really good but for 285 pts i could get a unit of tree kin and a squad of dryads. so i dont no if i should have them unless the game is bigger than 2500 pts.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:15 pm
Lethkhar
Revised list:

Lord Choice:
Spellweaver
Level 4
Calaingor’s Stave
Moonstone of the Hidden Ways
Glamourweave
Great Eagle

Tree Singing
Rain Lord
Ariel’s Blessing
Bear’s Anger

Hero Choices:
Wood Elf Noble
Battle Standard Bearer
Saemrath-Banner of Zenith
Elven Steed
Light Armor

Wood Elf Noble
Great Eagle
Annoyance of Nettlings
Sword of 1000 Winters
Light Armor

Core Units:
Unit 20 Glade Guards w/
Lord’s Longbowman

Unit 20 Glade Guards w/
Lord’s Longbowman

8 Glade Riders

Special Units:
20 Eternal Guard w/ Gaemrath-The Banner of Midwinter

10 Wild Riders
w/ Saoghir-Banner of Dwindling and a Wild Hunter

5 Wardancers

Total: 1999

Don'y worry, we've figured out how to keep the wardancers from being shot to death. 5 is plenty for the job we have in mind.

If only your lord could choose her spells, and from more than one list?
interesting...  

Dark Lore

Reddemon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:00 pm
Crustasian
every army with a spellsinger should have the Calaingor's Stave, coz treesinging is the most useful spell u could get in that lore. and i just cant get over how awesome wardancers are, specially on the charge, stick them with a wardancer hero and u got urself an über assault unit which can take out whole units in one charge, if u charge at the rite place, ie not in the front. on the charge they are potentially heroes, with the +1 atk dance they have 3 atks at WS6 and Str4!! A unit of heroes!
im not sure about the treeman tho. it is really good but for 285 pts i could get a unit of tree kin and a squad of dryads. so i dont no if i should have them unless the game is bigger than 2500 pts.
If every army of the same type takes the same magic item, then players will find ways around them. For instance, my buddy who plays Orges has a magic great weapon that you have to compare I to hit. If every single Orge army takes that one item on the same guy, then people will find ways around it. Sure, one item is good, but if people only take that one item, it will lose its effectiveness pretty fast.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:19 am
Wood Elves can make a mess of any enemy if they use terrain (namely woods) to good effect. It gives them cover, can be moved (treesinging!), slows down most enemies (difficult terrain), and enhances many of WE spells and magic items. Elves themselves suffer from usual low toughness and armor common in all elven races (in fact worst acess to armor from all 3), but forest spirits make this up with toughness and ward save.
Example: there is nothing more anoying that getting 400+points of Chas chosen spend 3 turns to charge archer unit, reform after failing to catch them and get out of the forest... Or have them moving towards some nice target then see forests close the gap between them and deny charge.  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Crustasian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:53 am
Reddemon
Crustasian
If every army of the same type takes the same magic item, then players will find ways around them. For instance, my buddy who plays Orges has a magic great weapon that you have to compare I to hit. If every single Orge army takes that one item on the same guy, then people will find ways around it. Sure, one item is good, but if people only take that one item, it will lose its effectiveness pretty fast.

that is true in most cases. but i think as this item doesnt affect the opponent directly it is hard 2 find a way around it.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:35 am
Hey all, i have basicaly dropped my chaos, as some of you might of saw in painting, and i am looking into Wood Elves, i just have one questions. As i am going to for a all female Wood Elven army, i was just wondering, if any at all, how many female bodies are in the Glade Guard boxes. I'm kinda nervues(sp) about trying greenstuff, and possible ******** everything up!  

GamerChick16

Crustasian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:05 am
GamerChick16
Hey all, i have basicaly dropped my chaos, as some of you might of saw in painting, and i am looking into Wood Elves, i just have one questions. As i am going to for a all female Wood Elven army, i was just wondering, if any at all, how many female bodies are in the Glade Guard boxes. I'm kinda nervues(sp) about trying greenstuff, and possible ******** everything up!

its been a while since i had the sprue but im pretty certain that half the bodies are female. im not entirely positive but im pretty certain. good luck!  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff