Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The High Elves Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reddemon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:13 pm
I'm not looking foreword to taking on the High Elves that will be rising in my group soon. The guy who'll be using them isnt half bad, though he over states the bonus's and forgets their negatives.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:47 am
Good to see some High Elf players. I thought I was the only one. mad  

The_Jaybird

The_Jaybird

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:53 am
Reddemon
I'm not looking foreword to taking on the High Elves that will be rising in my group soon. The guy who'll be using them isnt half bad, though he over states the bonus's and forgets their negatives.
Oy! I do not! Not aknowledging ones weaknesses will surely lead to defeat. Besides, I'm not the only one who raves about their army; Mr. "Lady of the Lake! Lady of the Lake! Ooooh!" Brettonians are a little to frilly for my tastes. lol  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:27 pm
Hey, might I remind you, that we have never had god knows how many of our warriors get all pissy and leave because we got burnt.  

Reddemon

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:17 pm
Reddemon
Hey, might I remind you, that we have never had god knows how many of our warriors get all pissy and leave because we got burnt.

Yes, but without elves, Brettonia would not have many of its cities, as most of the major ones are built on old elven settlements. And while Brettonia doesn't run from causes, they will continue to weaken themselves in very dumb things, such as the complete erradication of Orcs. Lets also take a look at goblins, the elves have done something to them to make elves cause fear against goblins. No Brettonian unit actually causes fear in other creatures, only special characters.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:39 pm
EliotJamesRookwood
Reddemon

Yes, but without elves, Brettonia would not have many of its cities, as most of the major ones are built on old elven settlements. And while Brettonia doesn't run from causes, they will continue to weaken themselves in very dumb things, such as the complete erradication of Orcs. Lets also take a look at goblins, the elves have done something to them to make elves cause fear against goblins. No Brettonian unit actually causes fear in other creatures, only special characters.
What he said!  

The_Jaybird

Reddemon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:22 pm
EliotJamesRookwood
Reddemon

Jeze man, you didnt have to be so blunt, cant two guys who know each other fill up for forms with jabs in the proper form?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:27 pm
Reddemon
EliotJamesRookwood
Reddemon

Jeze man, you didnt have to be so blunt, cant two guys who know each other fill up for forms with jabs in the proper form?

Hey, I thought you could come up with something good to counter that, but I guess not. razz  

EliotJamesRookwood

Reddemon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:40 pm
EliotJamesRookwood
Reddemon
EliotJamesRookwood
Reddemon

Hey, I thought you could come up with something good to counter that, but I guess not. razz
Sorry to disapoint xd But you pretty much sumed up the Brets  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:05 pm
My answer to Goblins fearing Elves: Grom.

Hm, I wonder, how many Goblins need to fight an Elf before they finally kill it (Most likely a good bit).  

Drachyench

Pontius Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:29 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal

Hm, I wonder, how many Goblins need to fight an Elf before they finally kill it (Most likely a good bit).

Most of the people I know who play Fantasy disregard Special Characters, saying they are overpowered and indulgent in most games. A lot refuse to asscociate themselves in a game with special characters. Does anyone else have this problem?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:50 pm
Pontius Pirate
Drachyench_The_Eternal

Most of the people I know who play Fantasy disregard Special Characters, saying they are overpowered and indulgent in most games. A lot refuse to asscociate themselves in a game with special characters. Does anyone else have this problem?
Havnt been able to use one yet, though any tactaful general would be able to use the strengths of a special character agiansts them  

Reddemon

Crustasian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:40 pm
Reddemon
Pontius Pirate
Drachyench_The_Eternal

Havnt been able to use one yet, though any tactaful general would be able to use the strengths of a special character agiansts them

well i have 2 say that high elf special characters rock. in magic, teclis is quite easily one of the best in the game if not the best, and tyrion will not die coz of his curse and heart, not to mention he is a Str 7 elf!! i've always wanted to try using teclis in one of my games but i always end up thinking it would b mean to use him coz he'll dominate the magic phase a bit 2 much.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:24 pm
Well, like Reddemon said, a savvy player should be able to turn special character's weaknesses against them. Honestly, they were implemented in order to be used.  

Pontius Pirate

Drachyench

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:48 am
Pontius Pirate
Well, like Reddemon said, a savvy player should be able to turn special character's weaknesses against them. Honestly, they were implemented in order to be used.

Most characters have one of three weaknesses: 1) No combat capabilities. Toss your Lord (Or heck, even hero) into combat with them, and watch them die.

2) No Magic defenses. Use some spell that causes shitloads of hits, regardless of targeting rules, and watch the character die easily.

3) Lack of/Reliant On ward save. If any enemy has something to nullify that, they go poof.

This is all, of course, forgetting the biggest bane of Characters: Cannons.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff