Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reddemon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:42 pm
Jin Arasuka
Reddemon
BlueLucied
EliotJamesRookwood
Hmmmm, I wonder how Brettonia will change in the new edition.
I'm actually praying for a new, decent peasant unit. I always have luck with my archers, but I want a heavier version of men-at-arms. Just, ya know, something that can decently hold it's own.
Like Ws3
There is something you two have to understand. They are peasents they have been taken from their bloody farms they have no training they are just given equipment and are expected to die for their lord it is that plain and simple.
Hucks a men-at-arm at you*They are given basic training, and still only have the same WS as a bowmen  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:36 pm
Reddemon
Jin Arasuka
Reddemon
BlueLucied
EliotJamesRookwood
I'm actually praying for a new, decent peasant unit. I always have luck with my archers, but I want a heavier version of men-at-arms. Just, ya know, something that can decently hold it's own.
Like Ws3
There is something you two have to understand. They are peasents they have been taken from their bloody farms they have no training they are just given equipment and are expected to die for their lord it is that plain and simple.
Hucks a men-at-arm at you*They are given basic training, and still only have the same WS as a bowmen
*chucks skeletons at you*Thats because all peasents are trained at the sametime you fool knights just choose who will be fighting at the front lines and who will be shooting arrows.  

Wolf Dog Pollo

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:47 pm
WS 3's pretty good considering they've never held a weapon in their life before...  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:11 pm
Jin Arasuka
Reddemon
Jin Arasuka
Reddemon
BlueLucied
EliotJamesRookwood
Like Ws3
*chucks skeletons at you*Thats because all peasents are trained at the sametime you fool knights just choose who will be fighting at the front lines and who will be shooting arrows.
I aploigse young padawan. Bowmen are not trained, and Men at arms are given basic training.  

Reddemon

Wolf Dog Pollo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:34 pm
Reddemon
Jin Arasuka
Reddemon
Jin Arasuka
Reddemon
Like Ws3
I aploigse young padawan. Bowmen are not trained, and Men at arms are given basic training.
What are you talking about they aren't trained? Everyone needs to be trained on how to use weapons and all the peasents are grouped together and trained on how to fight and then they are divided into bowmen and men-at-arms.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:47 pm
Jin Arasuka
Reddemon
Jin Arasuka
Reddemon
Jin Arasuka
Reddemon
Like Ws3
What are you talking about they aren't trained? Everyone needs to be trained on how to use weapons and all the peasents are grouped together and trained on how to fight and then they are divided into bowmen and men-at-arms.
What are you not understanding.

Bowmen are not a true standing force in the same sense as a men at arm. They are pesants that labour in the feilds until the Knights say "come fight for us and if you survive, you will get a nice shiny copper coin. And even then, they are not skilled at fighting, but know how to use a bow, thats why they are Ws2

Men at arms are trained in a much better way then Bowmen are, minus the few who are added due to sickness and death that are brought from the pesants. Thats why they should be Ws3 at they are trained, not just given a big stick and told to go fight.  

Reddemon

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:42 pm
Reddemon
Jin Arasuka
Reddemon
Jin Arasuka
Reddemon

Bowmen are not a true standing force in the same sense as a men at arm. They are pesants that labour in the feilds until the Knights say "come fight for us and if you survive, you will get a nice shiny copper coin. And even then, they are not skilled at fighting, but know how to use a bow, thats why they are Ws2

Men at arms are trained in a much better way then Bowmen are, minus the few who are added due to sickness and death that are brought from the pesants. Thats why they should be Ws3 at they are trained, not just given a big stick and told to go fight.

Goblins are trained well in combat. Hell, they fight just about as often as Orcs. They're WS2 too, though. WS3 is well trained. As in fighting for a long, long time, with constant training in between fights.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:51 pm
Goblins don't really train. They just sort of 'do'.
And most Goblins die easily. That is thier purpose.
If you give a farmer a pitchforl and tell him to go fight, he might know what he is doing.  

Clockwork_Creep

Dangerous Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:02 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Reddemon
Jin Arasuka
Reddemon
Jin Arasuka
Reddemon

Goblins are trained well in combat. Hell, they fight just about as often as Orcs. They're WS2 too, though. WS3 is well trained. As in fighting for a long, long time, with constant training in between fights.

WS 3 is standard. Empire spearmen have WS 3.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:24 pm
lord_illpalazzo
If you give a farmer a pitchforl and tell him to go fight, he might know what he is doing.
Yes, but a Men at arm isnt just a farmer, he is employed in his lords service. He is armed and armoued better then a bowmen, but he can still fight as well as a bowmen  

Reddemon

Drachyench

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:05 pm
Reddemon
lord_illpalazzo
Yes, but a Men at arm isnt just a farmer, he is employed in his lords service. He is armed and armoued better then a bowmen, but he can still fight as well as a bowmen

Maybe the fact that they're still poor, then, and thus aren't that fit compared to a well nourished person.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:45 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Reddemon
lord_illpalazzo

Maybe the fact that they're still poor, then, and thus aren't that fit compared to a well nourished person.
Fitness would be more along the lines of Toughness. Besides, they are given a steady meal of Gruel and bread. Which is probly better then what the bowmen eat  

Reddemon

Drachyench

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:32 pm
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Reddemon
lord_illpalazzo

Fitness would be more along the lines of Toughness. Besides, they are given a steady meal of Gruel and bread. Which is probly better then what the bowmen eat

Probably, a Bowman has BETTER nutrition, as it's easier to hunt with a bow then with a shiney pointy stick alone. A Bowman could farm in the summer, and hunt in the winter. What do you do with said pointy stick? Look for a beastman that looks conspicuously like a chicken? XP

Still, though, Peasants at that time had poor diets to begin with...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:53 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Reddemon
lord_illpalazzo

Probably, a Bowman has BETTER nutrition, as it's easier to hunt with a bow then with a shiney pointy stick alone. A Bowman could farm in the summer, and hunt in the winter. What do you do with said pointy stick? Look for a beastman that looks conspicuously like a chicken? XP

Yes, but with a bow, you have to give said meat you hunted to your lord, and which the bits that fall off go to the guy with the pointy stick. And anything you farm also gose to the lord and the guys with a pointy stick.

Gota love that fudel system heart  

Reddemon

Drachyench

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:58 am
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Reddemon
lord_illpalazzo

Yes, but with a bow, you have to give said meat you hunted to your lord, and which the bits that fall off go to the guy with the pointy stick. And anything you farm also gose to the lord and the guys with a pointy stick.

Gota love that fudel system heart

Then they get the exact same nutrition as the basic guys, then, as that means the normal peasants lose their crops and animals too. Basically, this means all that either of the two get to eat is dirt. Which FURTHER proves poor diet. :3  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff