Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Empire Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:30 am
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
neo1592
Would the milita detachments on the side be considered charging? Cuase if so then they would get 3 attacks... that would be cool. Its not worth it thou to put a standerd in the militia unit becuase you can't use 2 in a combat right

First of all this is fantasy, not 40k. There's no attack bonus for charging. Second of all you can't give the Militia a standard anyway, as Detatchments aren't allowed to take any options.

Wait...They're not allowed to take options?!? eek

I hate my friend.... stare

Only certain units can be Detatchments too. Just what did your friend use against you?

Swordsmen, spearmen, and handgunmen.

Ok, so no realy problem other than the options he gave them. All of those units can be either Parent Units or Detatchments.

@Neo: Yeah, I know how you feel. I started off with Fantasy but ever since I've moved near a GW I've been playing nothing but 40k. Probably because I'm in the Fantasy league at that store and if I used my army too often people would start to figure out my strategies. I've only actually played one battle so far (resulted in a near-flawless massacre against some Dwarves) and everyone currently thinks that I play an artillary line. Big mistake on their part. xd The next battle I plan to have will be against Vampire Counts, and I intend to outmagic them.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:17 am
yes I only have 800 points of empire but I have 1500 points of Eldar.  

neo1592

neo1592

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:18 am
Can you even take like a sergeant if their in a detachment?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:00 pm
neo1592

In a detachment, no.  

Daemon_King

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:49 pm
Daemon_King
neo1592

In a detachment, no.

Right. No options whatsoever. If you have to pay extra points to give it to the unit, then a detachment can't take it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:14 pm
Well it's still cool that they can counter charge the flank.they would get to strike first right... even though the other enemy unit charged first.  

neo1592

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:27 am
neo1592
Well it's still cool that they can counter charge the flank.they would get to strike first right... even though the other enemy unit charged first.
Right. They strike, then the enemy strikes, then the originally charged unit strikes.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:32 am
sweet and does it have to be archers or can they be handgunners. Cuase if it's hangunners pretty much kill whatever you wound then charge and hit with 5 attacks hoping to kill some. In thta probly killing lik between 5 to 10 models. They attack then you attack and kill more... you outnuber and have ranks and the flank they fail and run you kill them all. Oh that would kick a**.  

neo1592

Drachyench

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:14 am
neo1592
sweet and does it have to be archers or can they be handgunners. Cuase if it's hangunners pretty much kill whatever you wound then charge and hit with 5 attacks hoping to kill some. In thta probly killing lik between 5 to 10 models. They attack then you attack and kill more... you outnuber and have ranks and the flank they fail and run you kill them all. Oh that would kick a**.

Remember though, Skirmishers cannot negate ranks, nor can they get rank bonus'. They can get outnumber and flank charge bonus Combat Res points, though.

5 Shots with 50% Chance to hit, 2.5 hits (Will round up to 3), 3's to wound (So 2 wound). You can't counter-charge with them now, because they chose to stand-and-shoot instead. If you choose to have the handgunners charge: 5 Attacks, 2.5(Angain, rounded to 3) hit, through rounding, 2 of those attacks wound. Enemies get saves for this one though, so assume only 1 dies. Now, the enemy can not only attack the enemies in front of him with 4-to-8 guys (Depending on the troops, rank formation, etc), but he'll also get 1 to 3 attacks on the flank, as well. With Handgunners, always stand-and-shoot. Militia should be the only counter-chargers, IMO.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:20 pm
My friend an I played the starter set (The set with the orcs and the empire armies) yesterday. It was funny.

Obviously, the starter's set doesn't expect you to use detachments and animosity. Poor orcs...  

Lethkhar

Drachyench

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:55 pm
Lethkhar
My friend an I played the starter set (The set with the orcs and the empire armies) yesterday. It was funny.

Obviously, the starter's set doesn't expect you to use detachments and animosity. Poor orcs...

Most Starter Sets are rigged so that good beats evil. THey're intended to be played with Scenarios now so that evil has a chance.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:12 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar

Most Starter Sets are rigged so that good beats evil. THey're intended to be played with Scenarios now so that evil has a chance.

On a side note, Empire spearmen have got to be some of the worst warriors I've seen in my life. They were pathetically outmatched in close combat against Orc archers!  

Lethkhar

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:42 pm
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar

On a side note, Empire spearmen have got to be some of the worst warriors I've seen in my life. They were pathetically outmatched in close combat against Orc archers!

In they're defense Orc Archers really have no shooting ability, and are STILL better suited for combat than anything else. As far as I can tell the only real reason to give them bows is when you aren't planning on being the one to charge with them. xd

And yes, I agree with you on the Spearmen. I have no idea why, I just plain hate them. I'll take Militia over Spearmen any day, and that's sad when you consider the Spearmen have armour. I also have a distinct hatred for Halberdiers and Greatswords too... Swordsmen and Militia own you in combat!

As for the "Good always winning" thing, I've yet to see Space Marines beat the Tyranids in the Maccrage set...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:44 pm
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar

Orc archers, unlike most other races, are still good. Orc archers are t4, and S4 on the charge. Orc archers are just Orcs for 2pts more and the ability to cause a wound before they reach combat.  

Drachyench

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:46 am
So halberdiers would be a better choice then spearmen?  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff