Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
VGD:::Vidya Game Discussion:: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ven Loraine

Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:26 am
Troy the confuzed
Ven Loraine

Hm, is a PSP worth getting? Probably not, with the Vita being released soon.

But they are selling the PSP for just 100 bucks here, sounds rather cheap to me.
I only want KH Birth by Sleep, though, so that game is probably not worth getting a PSP.

I recently got a PSP for that price over the summer, and that game was probably the game I wanted it for the most, but admittedly there were several other games I wanted as well. Birth by Sleep is the best KH game imo, but supposedly the Vita will have the entire PSP library available for download (where have we heard that before...oh, the PSP Go, yeah right), so if that's the only game you want for it I would probably suggest holding off. Of course, it came back to haunt me when the 3DS dropped in price right after, and I found out that the Persona 4 remake is going to be for Vita D:

EDIT: Also, be warned that Vita is switching to super expensive memory cards, but downloads are supposed to be 40% cheaper to compensate.

Hm, yeah, I might just wait, then.

But I am a video game console collector and the PSP is the only one (after N64 time) that I am missing.

Except for X-Boxes, which I hate. XD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:28 am
Ven Loraine
Troy the confuzed
Ven Loraine

But they are selling the PSP for just 100 bucks here, sounds rather cheap to me.
I only want KH Birth by Sleep, though, so that game is probably not worth getting a PSP.

I recently got a PSP for that price over the summer, and that game was probably the game I wanted it for the most, but admittedly there were several other games I wanted as well. Birth by Sleep is the best KH game imo, but supposedly the Vita will have the entire PSP library available for download (where have we heard that before...oh, the PSP Go, yeah right), so if that's the only game you want for it I would probably suggest holding off. Of course, it came back to haunt me when the 3DS dropped in price right after, and I found out that the Persona 4 remake is going to be for Vita D:

EDIT: Also, be warned that Vita is switching to super expensive memory cards, but downloads are supposed to be 40% cheaper to compensate.

Hm, yeah, I might just wait, then.

But I am a video game console collector and the PSP is the only one (after N64 time) that I am missing.

Except for X-Boxes, which I hate. XD

I might consider it then.

I hate Xboxes too. I mean, how many decent rpgs are on it, like 5?  

Growliere

Fluffy Creature

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:46 am
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Okamiden is pretty fun. I'm about 10 hours into it, and I just got the lightning ability. 3nodding Not sure how far into the game I am as far as completion goes, but I think there's only one or two more powers to get. I'm kinda hoping that the game still has a while to go before completion though, otherwise this is a pretty short game. ^^;

I don't think I could judge how long that game is without having played it as I don't know how well things are spaced out in terms of gaining new brush techniques. The game just seems like it would very well suited to the Nintendo DS.

Oh, me neither. I'm just worried that I'm going to suddenly be at the end only 15 hours into it. xd As long as it's like 30 hours or so I'm cool. That's pretty good for a portable game. I'm thinking that they're just giving to me early on so that I have them. It's not like the first game where each brush skill was one step closer to being on par with Shiranui, they're just there to collect and use. smile

It's definitely suited to the DS. Brush skills are easier to get the hang of when you're drawing with a stylus as opposed to an analog stick. ^^ There are save points all over the place too, which is nice. Only thing I miss is the ability to turn the camera around, especially while drawing.

Unfortunately, most DS games don't really use the stylus all that well. I know I've played some where I end up not using it at all.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:48 am
Ven Loraine

If you don't already own a PSP, you're probably better off waiting for Vita.
I know that I'm going to end up owning both at some point as I own a PSP now and Persona 4 is going to be released on the Vita.  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Reikyavic

7,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:34 am
Whats your favorite game series?
Rawr, I can't choose. Ninja Gaiden, Onimusha, Devil may Cry, Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, Crash Bandicoot, Samurai Warriors, Pokemon, Sengoku Basara, Assassin's Creed, Okami... list would go on.

What system(s) do you play?
I'm loving owner of PS1, PS2 & PS3, PSP, N64 and NDS. There is also Wii in the house, owned by my lovely roomie.

Favorite game character overall?
Kefka~<3  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:17 pm
Anaella
Sara Hysaro
So this isn't a post about a specific video game or anything, but does anybody here watch Let's Plays? smile I watch them all the time since it's a good way of learning about new games and seeing just how they are played. It's pretty entertaining too if you find an LPer you enjoy listening to.

I particularly enjoy watching LPs of Amnesia. Watching people become terrified out of their minds never gets old. XD I think my favourite LP of that game was by Lanipator though.

User Image

Oh, definitely! Watching horror games in general is pretty fun. I love seeing people in the comments comment about how it's so scary when I don't see anything particularly terrifying. xd

I'll have to check that one out. The only one I've seen of Amnesia was by Helloween. 3nodding

Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Okamiden is pretty fun. I'm about 10 hours into it, and I just got the lightning ability. 3nodding Not sure how far into the game I am as far as completion goes, but I think there's only one or two more powers to get. I'm kinda hoping that the game still has a while to go before completion though, otherwise this is a pretty short game. ^^;

I don't think I could judge how long that game is without having played it as I don't know how well things are spaced out in terms of gaining new brush techniques. The game just seems like it would very well suited to the Nintendo DS.

Oh, me neither. I'm just worried that I'm going to suddenly be at the end only 15 hours into it. xd As long as it's like 30 hours or so I'm cool. That's pretty good for a portable game. I'm thinking that they're just giving to me early on so that I have them. It's not like the first game where each brush skill was one step closer to being on par with Shiranui, they're just there to collect and use. smile

It's definitely suited to the DS. Brush skills are easier to get the hang of when you're drawing with a stylus as opposed to an analog stick. ^^ There are save points all over the place too, which is nice. Only thing I miss is the ability to turn the camera around, especially while drawing.

Unfortunately, most DS games don't really use the stylus all that well. I know I've played some where I end up not using it at all.

Ugh, I know. >.< I kinda understand when it comes to RPG remakes, but it's such a shame when a game originally made for the DS doesn't take full advantage of the console's capabilities. That's why I don't get why people complain about Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Track being controlled pretty much entirely by the touch screen. Sure, it's a little excessive, but aside from the Spirit Pipes in the second game they're really not that difficult to control. 3nodding

One game I've played that made good use of both the regular button controls and the touch screen was Avalon Code. You have a book that can alter reality by editing the corresponding page. Basically, every person and monster that you smack with the book will get a page in the book. This page will include a grid with the elements that the person/creature is made up of. You even get entries for some objects and weapons, and by finding and completing slider puzzles you earn a recipe to make a specific kind of that object. It's pretty fun. smile The idea is that the world is going to be ending soon, and the protagonist has to record everything that they want to bring into the new world. Which is pretty much everything, since you level up by recording new entries. xd  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:22 pm
Sara Hysaro
Ugh, I know. >.< I kinda understand when it comes to RPG remakes, but it's such a shame when a game originally made for the DS doesn't take full advantage of the console's capabilities. That's why I don't get why people complain about Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Track being controlled pretty much entirely by the touch screen. Sure, it's a little excessive, but aside from the Spirit Pipes in the second game they're really not that difficult to control. 3nodding

One game I've played that made good use of both the regular button controls and the touch screen was Avalon Code. You have a book that can alter reality by editing the corresponding page. Basically, every person and monster that you smack with the book will get a page in the book. This page will include a grid with the elements that the person/creature is made up of. You even get entries for some objects and weapons, and by finding and completing slider puzzles you earn a recipe to make a specific kind of that object. It's pretty fun. smile The idea is that the world is going to be ending soon, and the protagonist has to record everything that they want to bring into the new world. Which is pretty much everything, since you level up by recording new entries. xd

I may have to check that one out. The only game I currently own that really uses the stylus well is Lego Harry Potter. You can walk around using the control pad, but all the magical spell motions are handled with the stylus.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:37 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

I may have to check that one out. The only game I currently own that really uses the stylus well is Lego Harry Potter. You can walk around using the control pad, but all the magical spell motions are handled with the stylus.

I would recommend it. ^^ The NPCs are interesting, the battle controls are simple, and boss fights are actually surprisingly difficult. The first time I played the game I pretty much lost against every single boss until I memorized their attacks. Thankfully you just start at the beginning of the battle with a portion of your HP/MP instead of making you watch the cutscene(s) all over again.  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

BiaA

Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:13 pm
I don't follow many series...soo I'd say Zelda, Layton and maybe FF: Tactics Advance. The genres I like the best are strategy and turn based RPGs and puzzle solving.

DS, Wii and what my crappy computer can run.

Skyward Sword Link is my new husbando. emotion_kirakira

Currently I'm playing Hotel Dusk, FF: Tatics A2, Kirby Mass Attack and super importantly Skyward Sword.
And I have like a hundred games on my computer I quit in the middle.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:23 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

Thank God for that! XD

I hate using the stylus, it is really annoying. But I would always prefer a normal controller over motion control, too, so I am probably just old fashioned. :XP

Ven Loraine

Explorer

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:26 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

I would recommend it. ^^ The NPCs are interesting, the battle controls are simple, and boss fights are actually surprisingly difficult. The first time I played the game I pretty much lost against every single boss until I memorized their attacks. Thankfully you just start at the beginning of the battle with a portion of your HP/MP instead of making you watch the cutscene(s) all over again.

Is it an action game or an rpg? I think I've seen it before but didn't buy it due to not being sure which it was.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:29 pm
Ven Loraine
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

Thank God for that! XD

I hate using the stylus, it is really annoying. But I would always prefer a normal controller over motion control, too, so I am probably just old fashioned. :XP

If the game uses the stylus really well and not just for stuff like walking around because the game developer feels like they should make some use of it, then I don't really mind the stylus all that much.  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:54 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

Is it an action game or an rpg? I think I've seen it before but didn't buy it due to not being sure which it was.

It's an action game. You run around dodging attacks and land blows of your own when the boss is vulnerable. Kinda like Okami, only you don't have to draw stuff. 3nodding Generally you'll want to run around to smack him with your book (this creates an entry), which will give you more element tiles to work with either during the fight or after the fight is over. Then you'll want to land blows with whatever weapon you prefer. It's not too difficult, it's just kinda easy to die when you don't know how to tell which attacks are coming and how to avoid them.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:00 pm
BiaA
I don't follow many series...soo I'd say Zelda, Layton and maybe FF: Tactics Advance. The genres I like the best are strategy and turn based RPGs and puzzle solving.

Currently I'm playing Hotel Dusk, FF: Tatics A2, Kirby Mass Attack and super importantly Skyward Sword.

Hotel Dusk! <3 They apparently made a sequel to that one called Last Window: The Secret of West Cape, but I don't have it. Hotel Dusk was so much fun to play through. I love how they drew the characters.  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

BiaA

Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:10 pm
Sara Hysaro
BiaA

Hotel Dusk! <3 They apparently made a sequel to that one called Last Window: The Secret of West Cape, but I don't have it. Hotel Dusk was so much fun to play through. I love how they drew the characters.

Oooh, that's cool, I didn't know about the sequel =D
Yeah, the art style is very distinct and pretty.

It just isn't fun when I wonder endlessly with no idea of what to do...like right now, lol.l  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff