Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Slytherin Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:21 pm
Amanda Davis
First Year: Slytherin

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

Amanda looked over at the students watching from the stands. She saw Juniper wave at her, so she smiled back. When Ronyo spoke, Amanda looked at him and listened to what he had to say. She was already familiar with the Quidditch rules, so she took one of the forms and quill, and began to full the form out.

Quote:
Name: Amanda Davis
Year: First
Desired Position: Beater, and if that's not available, Chaser.

When she finished writing the information that the form asked for, she gave her parchment and quill back to Ronyo.

wearing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:09 am
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡
A blonde fourth year rushed into the pitch. She was slightly out of breath. "sorry my one elective ran late. " she appologized leaning wutg her hands on her knees still clasping her ever present notebook in her hands. Vanessa couldn't help but wonder when exactly she had gotten so out of shape, though sprinting from the other end of the castle to the common room then the pitch would probably cause even the fittest person to be winded..

Once the young woman managed to fully catch her breath. She stood up and approached the rest of the team. Ronyo had already handed out the forms so she picked up one of the spare ones and refilled it out. It wouldn't be wrong to say part of her had still hoped to get the seeker position but Annabelle had already arrived and had the postion. Plus her being late then challenging her again probably wouldn't go over too well.

form
Name:Vanessa Hopewell
Year:4th
Desired Position:well I'd perfer seeker however my old position as chaser is just as fine.

she handed her form towards the captain then rushed into the changing room to get her broom which she had forgotten. It was just turning out not to be her day at all.

So much stuff get's missed in the hustle of life♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥stuff that one needs to step back and Observe to notice.

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:59 pm
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

Third Year, Slytherin Seeker
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

Patience, it seemed to bubble up into a roaring surge, evaporating quickly upon boiling trepidation. Silence had managed to linger upon her tongue long enough for most of the slips to have been received, signed, and returned to the captain, Ronyo Storm. She smiled as she bounced towards an upperclassman that she had competed with during their last year. Belle had had training during the summer, and as she eyed Vanessa, she could only assume that she had done the same. ”Going for seeker again, Vanessa?” Belle chimed with an easy smile. ”If you are, c’mon, let’s go!” Nodding enthusiastically, the vivacious blonde had hopped upon her ivory handle broom and glanced about towards the younger students.

”If anyone else is trying out for seeker, follow me! Ronyo—can you release the snitch so we can get out of your way, let you mates get started with practice?” She called from the air, a beaming smile radiated down from above as she ushered them forth and began to drive forth into the skies.

Slytherin Quidditch Practice with competing seekers
Desires: Perfection
Troubles: Patience

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image

Does what I'm wearing seem to shock you?.....
Well, that's okay
'Cause what I'm thinking about you.....
is not okay
I've got it on my mind to change my ways
But I don't think I can be anything other than me
No, I don't think I can be anything other than me

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:40 pm
User Image

a small smile played it's way across Vanessa's lip. Perhaps her thoughts of retrying out for seeker being annoying were her own doubts. The blond nodded when Annabelle asked if she were trying out for seeker again this year. Hopefully this year the blonde could keep her head in the game so that she would be able to spot the snitch. But you uncle having escaped from Azkaban was definitely a reason to be very distracted. Shaking her head breifly she headed over with the other members that wanted to be seeker,

She gripped the handle of her new broom that she had saved her allowance up for. Sure it wasn't the top model broom but it was sure better then the ancient ones the school had. ”best of luck to you Annabelleshe said with a polite smile as she mounted the broom and pushed off. She had been practicing, however , it was as often as she would've likes given the stream of Aurors that couldn't seem to realize that neither of her parents knew what had happened to their realitive. Looking around she saw that aside for the seekers, noone of the others had started yet. Well at least the first years would get a show while they waited to start their own tryouts.

((only oberservation considered: did you see the difference in Seeker rules since Last year, we added a limit to make it a little fairer on bothe sides. If you don't catch it in 5 turns you loose sight of it. ))  

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Essy ze Ninja rolled 10 10-sided dice: 4, 9, 4, 2, 7, 3, 3, 7, 6, 7 Total: 52 (10-100)

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:16 pm
My life is so cold
User Image

Rapid fire breaths surged through her lungs, coursing through the depths of her veins steadily amidst blood of ice. Her fingers curled around the handle of her ivory broom while she waited, longer, and longer. The seconds began to stretch as slow pulse pounding motions had gyrated the team captain towards the worn and aged chest, unlatched and pried it open, before clicking open the small recess where the snitch resided and then tossing it up into the air with haste.

Glittering hues of imminent yellow burst to life, soaring upwards and twisting turns and racing through the blue sky. Muddled hues of indiscernable colors faded into the distance as the rough and heavily accented voice of her Bulgarian professor. Those cold eyes bore into the back of her mind as she left a trail of wisping wind in her place, and never once, turning to look if any others had followed her.

User Image

Well, that's okay
is not okay

Golden Anbu rolled 10 10-sided dice: 1, 10, 7, 8, 7, 4, 3, 7, 7, 1 Total: 55 (10-100)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:37 pm
User Image

As soon as she was in the air, Vanessa began circling around the pitch in search of even the slighest hint of gold that would show where the snitch was hiding. Observing as her strong point. Sure she could easily play the Chaser position agian and not have a problem since they also had to observe just differently then the seeker. she had learned that last year while playing it. Before a pass you had to look around to see who was closer, who was open, where all the opponents were, how far you were from the goal posts. So many things that she hadn't even considered before when she had first decided to tryout. Tightening her grip on her broom she turned around to see back the way she had come.

((only oberservation considered: ))  

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Essy ze Ninja rolled 10 10-sided dice: 9, 1, 10, 10, 5, 10, 7, 4, 9, 1 Total: 66 (10-100)

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:20 am
My life is so cold
User Image

The familiarity of the rush of winds deafening blasts course through her ears, all she could hear were the rapid motions of brooms zooming across the sky and the wild and frantic tousle of immaculate blond hair weaving behind her held tight together with clip embellished in silver and greens. Behind her, she could hear the clear sigh of challenge as Vanessa had kicked off her broom and joined her in the sky. She never willed herself to look back to see if Vanessa might have found the snitch. It darted teasingly between the two of them, hoisting upwards at a straight degree angle, before it plummeted and circled left and right and left and right. Always too far to reach but just barely in view; occasionally, it faked a sharp turn and immediately bolted in the other direction, causing Belle’s fingers to clutch on to her ivory handle broom to snap directions to the left and try and keep her sights on the snitch.

User Image

Well, that's okay
is not okay

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:56 pm
User Image User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Fourth Year
Quidditch Pitch/ Slytherin Try-outs

There was nothing but smiles and laughter as Ronyo watched Annabelle and Vanessa once again racing to gain the position of seeker. The two of them had developed a healthy rivalry, even if they did not realize it themselves. Each one pushed the other to go faster, dive steeper, and make more and more attempts. Ronyo knew that what they were feeling while chasing that golden sphere against someone who could match you turn for turn was likely the pinnacle of flying.

However that did not mean the other positions were any less important or any less technically challenging. Sure the snitch stopped the game but did not always guarantee victory, even though that was a rare case. With his smile still on his face Ronyo looked back to the other standing around waiting for their trial to see if they would make the team or not.

"Alright then, enough watching the seekers dance let's see what the rest of you can do," Ronyo picked up the quaffle and tossed it to Amanda, "Grab a broom and meet me in the sky. Jasmine take the keeper position and we will see how you do. After a few good runs I will release one bluddger to see how those of you who wish to try for beater fair."

Ronyo mounted his broom and kicked off letting his new broom to let loose for a moment as he quickly ascended to the goal rings level. There he waited for the others to join in, and also could still see the two seekers applicants racing in the distance. So far the team looked promising if only judging by their enthusiasm and that look of desire in their eyes. Now they would have to show that it was all not just a show.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:41 pm

Amanda Davis
First Year: Slytherin

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

When Ronyo spoke up, Amanda turned her attention away from the two girls trying to find the snitch, and instead looked at him. She turned her head just in time to see the quaffle flying towards her head, so she caught it with force. Nodding, she grabbed the broom and placed a leg over it. First, she placed the quaffle in between her rib and arm, then she grabbed onto the broom with both hands and flew up. Good thing I'm a natural, she thought proudly, remembering how in class, they hadn't been allowed to sore into the air. Amanda steadily rose until she was at about the same height as the goal rings.

wearing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:21 pm
Congratulations to all who came out, we now officially have a full team thanks to all of you. Slyterhin take the House Cup and now we have a full team able to compete in Quidditch.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:19 am
User Image User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Fifth Year
Quidditch Pitch/ Slytherin Tryouts

Another year and another turn out onto the pitch with broom bucket and case in hand. Placing both nicely next to one another Ronyo looked around the familiar sight and found himself hopeful of another great year in Quidditch. Returning players coming to re-secure and retake their old spots, and new students looking to make a name for themselves. So far Ronyo had not felt he was doing that bad of a job as captain of the team, his players got a good deal of practice and he always kept them in shape. Even if they were not always the most skilled team they were surely the most fit and could go longer and keep up the pressure with the same ferocity from hour one to hour ten.

Ronyo smiled as he mounted his Chinese Fireball with a great deal of pride and the hope of an even greater year for it. It had been a great surprise to Ronyo as he had never asked for anything so fancy when it came to brooms. With a look to the sky Ronyo kicked off with some effort and shot off to test out the turning ability the broom was fabled for. He ducked and dodged invisible bludgers, did break neck turns and then followed it up with some daring dives towards the ground only to pull up at the last moment and head back to the heavens. It was a broom designed for a flyer like Ronyo, not for pure speed but agility and daring maneuvers. This time it would not be so bad if the returning and new players were a bit late, he would just enjoy a bit more flying time.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:56 am
My life is so cold
User Image

Fourth Year, Slytherin Seeker

Boisterous winds cut through the grassy field of the quidditch field, blue skies carried white clouds, the wisps of white puffs piecing together a delicate picture for all the world to see. The young blonde youth bounced with feverish vivacity towards the pitch where she knew the captain would be waiting. She respected the boy, he possessed in an innate ability of fairness, and, oft enough, she could picture him as head of the wizengamot. Shaking her head and hoisting her broom upon her shoulders, her lithe steps carried her to the center of the field. Soon enough, the other students would join, so, she waited, despite the bubbling urge to fly.

User Image

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

xXmoonlight_madnessXx

Dapper Noob

2,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:57 pm
User ImageUser Image
Daisy Benster 
First Year

Slytherin 

Thoughts: I hope I get Chaser....
----------- 
----------- 
OOC:

The wind ran through the girl's dark brown hair as she walked onto the feild with her school broom. She smiled when she looked around to see the giant field around her that she may be able to play on this year. Daisy quickly noticed Belle was there already and smiled. The blonde girl had asked her if she could tryout and she decided she wanted to. She walked over to Belle with a small grin on her face,"Hey Belle!"she said in a very unnormal perky way. 

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:12 pm
User Image
± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±
Eretria Whitethorne
Second Year - Slytherin
± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±

Eretria stepped out onto the pitch, her Nimbus in one hand. She had wanted to try out last year, but had decided to wait until she had gotten the hang of school first. She was curious as to which position she would go for, and was willing to try out for at least a chaser, if not a seeker. She stood there quietly, waiting for someone to announce what was to happen.

----------------------------------
State: Calm
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

Let's see what I can make of this...  

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:39 pm
User Image
Amanda Davis
Second Year: Slytherin Chaser

Amanda walked onto the Quidditch pitch, her new broomstick in hand. She used it a few times just to get a hang of it before the school year started. "Hey," she greeted everyone who came out, bu she walked over to Eretria. Although being a chaser wasn't her ideal position last year, she got it, so instead of trying out for beater again, Amanda decided she'd keep her previous position. She already had some tricks up her sleeve, so why give it up?

You Touch Me..
I break you.
wearing

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games