Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
TF Headquarters Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:12 pm
Signing in. My internet went kabang, before i could sign out.
It would probably be easier to navigate if we did clear up the pages.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:52 pm
Signing out.  

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:57 pm
Signing in.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:05 pm
@Sonas, for the event what would you be keen on organising?  

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:21 pm
Quote:
Firstly, we find out who will be attending the Ball. So they'll have to pretend to buy tickets.

Lets say, Icee and Adonis are attending and so are Techpriest and Oshenkur, so we pair up Techpriest and Icee, and Oshenkur and Adonis. But we don't tell them, we give everyone clues to who they're paired up with.

The students involved will give us a brief of their RP character, and/or will answer a quiz, so that that we can put clues about their partner up.

Then when they've guessed their partner, they get together and have to get through a course to get to the ball. Where Adonis will spike the punch with a love potion at a specific date.

Both partners need to work to find their partner. Because one might be more active then the other, and their might be an unfair balance of more girls then guys.

Preferably we would have the more active person look more for there partners.

What should be in the quiz?

We should also have that some partners get hit by the potion whilst others don't, the ones who don't get hit have to find out who spiked the punch. Yes? If this event gets to much i reckon just skip the course bit.

I think a mod would be ideal to spike the punch, because they are annoyed with all the behaviour due to the event, they can not focus on their teaching, or whatever it is they're doing this semester.

We will ask Adonis to be the punch spiker.

If there is an extra partner we have two host characters to be thier partners, one of these two;

User Image

or

User Image

EDITED- a bit more. (Details, details.)

___ means protocol.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:26 pm
Quiz ideas.

Basics
-What house.
-What year.(Grad/house-elf/teacher/HOH/dHOH/Prefect)
-What gender.

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:15 pm
Signing out.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:11 pm
We could also do orientation. cause as avatar34 pointed out not everyone is straight. I agree adonis could be an awsome spiker! and now i gtg sorry i have been really busy in rl. just did my hair k, im outy.  

tealflower1928

Nite of Storms

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:31 pm
Signing in.....I think the partners should be a random draw....or as you mentioned on of the pre made people....if they don't like it they don't have to come....  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:55 pm
Okay,
general details are needed.

What are the dates for this [proposed] event?

Are you guys going to require Mod Help? If so, what?

Also, teal and Nite of Storms: I need both of you to do something for the Hogwarts Monthly (that's part of the assignment)

Two things that can be done: recipes and [insert something here]
let me know what you're willing to do.

IceeWitch

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:22 pm
Signing in.

I think we're good for now on the Mod Help.

For partnering it was going to be random, we just need for them to take a quiz so we know what clues to give out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:56 pm
Okay, are there any quiz ideas that you have?

I need help.

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:00 am
Signing out.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:16 pm
Newest member, signing in for the first time. xd Took me 20 min to read the whole thread!

Ok, first issue: what still needs to be done for the HM, if anything?

Second issue: this event. If we're going to do it, when, and what threads (if any) besides the ball are we going to have? Because I think the ball alone won't make the event a success; we will need other types of V-day related event threads. The ball is (from what I can tell) mostly a riddle type; if we do another thread it needs to be another type so that the event will appeal to a wider variety of members. It's also very individual, I think a little house competition (with elves counting as a house just not earning house points for it) would be nice, maybe provide an incentive to bring inactive members back in.

Third issue: Cluttered RPs. I agree with Sonas, it does add to the history of characters. However, I also don't see how that would be a problem if the current threads were simply moved to the archives instead of deleted. I think that de-cluttering would help new members feel more comfortable.

Insatiable Design

Insatiable Design

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:09 pm
On recruiting members, I think we (the TF) need an official list of people that have said no, so we don't accidentally pester them to join again and again.

Lana: For pairing up for the ball a quiz seems a little not-random-pairing to me. If we really want it to be random, we could have people sign up to attend the ball at the beginning of the event, use a random number generator to pair people up, and begin with the clues a day or two later. Signing up would mean less chance of inactive partners, using a rng will mean we can concentrate on clues instead of quizzes.

The White Tomb [Archives]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff