Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Which god/goddess to you follow worship? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:45 pm
Zaphriel
That's okay, I don't feel picked on at all, there was no hostility in your question so it's all good!

Anyway, I veiw Chaos as all three really (excluding the entropic part).
To me Chaos is a Force, with a personality (like a single entity), and the potential for power greater than any other (like a deity).

Chaos, by simplest definition, is the absence of order and it is human nature to think of this as destructive. We fear the unknown more often than not and so we anticipate the worst. But I see it different because, while Chaos has this potential for destruction, it doesn't stop there. Chaos has infinite potential! It is this potential that excites me, that I feed off of, and that I respect more than anything.

Nagaz, I know it's a pretty off kind of combo and I usually get flamed and called a lier, but it's what I am... I can't change it without becoming a lier! sweatdrop

Thanks. 3nodding That clarifies it quite a bit for me, and I appreciate it. I'm glad to learn how you understand things, and it seems to me that you've put a serious amount of thought into your beliefs. I respect that.

You won't be flamed from me. *wry grin*

I'm in a similar boat. I am attached to a troublemaker -- one of those gods that the wrong sorts of people will think is cool, and the right sorts of people will think you're either fluffy, or one of those wrong sorts of people, or insane.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:46 pm
Nagaz
youll have to excuse me. i wasnt calling you a lier. its like the debate that ive been having with everyone. its just not something you hear of very often. i actually find it very interesting.

Oh no no no! I didn't think you were calling me a lier! I was just saying that a lot of other people do, because it is kinda strange... you know?  

Zaphriel

Zaphriel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:54 pm
Jishin
Zaphriel
That's okay, I don't feel picked on at all, there was no hostility in your question so it's all good!

Anyway, I veiw Chaos as all three really (excluding the entropic part).
To me Chaos is a Force, with a personality (like a single entity), and the potential for power greater than any other (like a deity).

Chaos, by simplest definition, is the absence of order and it is human nature to think of this as destructive. We fear the unknown more often than not and so we anticipate the worst. But I see it different because, while Chaos has this potential for destruction, it doesn't stop there. Chaos has infinite potential! It is this potential that excites me, that I feed off of, and that I respect more than anything.

Nagaz, I know it's a pretty off kind of combo and I usually get flamed and called a lier, but it's what I am... I can't change it without becoming a lier! sweatdrop

Thanks. 3nodding That clarifies it quite a bit for me, and I appreciate it. I'm glad to learn how you understand things, and it seems to me that you've put a serious amount of thought into your beliefs. I respect that.

You won't be flamed from me. *wry grin*

I'm in a similar boat. I am attached to a troublemaker -- one of those gods that the wrong sorts of people will think is cool, and the right sorts of people will think you're either fluffy, or one of those wrong sorts of people, or insane.

No problem! Thank you for the question!
I know how hard it can be to find people who are actually serious about their beliefs, and I know how hard it can be to convince others in the pagan community that you are serious too. We're just all so diverse, and no one could possibly know everything about everything! Anyway, I'm gunna take a look and see if I can find your post in this thread, and hopefully find out a bit more about your troublemaker! 3nodding

EDIT
I guess you opted out, but I can respect that! I mean, I've been in this guild for months now, but only just started posting. No one wants to have to fight all the time! stressed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:15 pm
Zaphriel
I guess you opted out, but I can respect that! I mean, I've been in this guild for months now, but only just started posting. No one wants to have to fight all the time! stressed

Heh. Yeah ... I did post it briefly, then took it down. I wasn't in the mood to get into a fight over that, particularly since I wasn't in a good state at the time.

sweatdrop I'm called to Loki.

It's a sensitive subject for me, because it's definitely not a calling I can (or would want to) shrug off, but a large number of other folks consider it problematic at the very least.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:32 pm
You probably know this, but the greek Chaos is what spurned creation, it means a "Yawning Void"

And I'm sure you've looked into Discordianism as well, but if you haven't, you might find it interesting.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:03 pm
Nuri
You probably know this, but the greek Chaos is what spurned creation, it means a "Yawning Void"

And I'm sure you've looked into Discordianism as well, but if you haven't, you might find it interesting.

Yes, but thanks!

And I have looked into Discordianism, but only a little. From what I have seen though, is that it's based on a more contemporary Chaos (as funny as that sounds) where as I am closer to the Primal Chaos.
Kind of like Khaos vs. Eros, close kin but not quite the same.

Zaphriel

kagirinai_Kisu

5,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:11 pm
Nuri
kagirinai_Kisu
*hopes people don't jump down my neck*

I Follow the wiccan god Isis. She is primarly the name or goddess decribed as a combination of all goddesses in one dirivation or another. It simply makes it eaiser for some people to have a name or god/goddess, that stands for them all, so you may devolpe a relashionship with all divine. and I know your gonna ask so check my faith in a book by Silver Ravenwolf. Shes a pristess from Mass, I think. She's written many books.. Other than Isis I tend to follow a strongly femnine path, I reconize male gods exist, however fail to attain a close rlashionship with them, but I do often pray to any and all depending on what my trouble or thanks are for.

..thanks for listening..

1. Isis is an Kemetic/Egyptian Goddess, and a fairly specific one at that.
2. I'd lay off the Ravenwolf books, she's ...uh...lets just say she admit she doesn't use her brain al that often.

I'm sure others will chime in, and don't be scared of us. We're trying to refine and strengthen your beliefs....but they may have to be torn down first.

Sorry I havent replied in a while... but um
well I don't really much care where Isis wasfrom or whos goddess she is.. she's mine..and I like how things turn out better when I trust in her.. Idisagree with a buncha things RW says but....on the subject of faith and acceptance..i agree with her.. I have my own lil alter and say my own daily prayers and it suits me fine smile ...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:59 am
kagirinai_Kisu
Nuri
kagirinai_Kisu

I Follow the wiccan god Isis. She is primarly the name or goddess decribed as a combination of all goddesses in one dirivation or another. It simply makes it eaiser for some people to have a name or god/goddess, that stands for them all, so you may devolpe a relashionship with all divine. and I know your gonna ask so check my faith in a book by Silver Ravenwolf. Shes a pristess from Mass, I think. She's written many books.. Other than Isis I tend to follow a strongly femnine path, I reconize male gods exist, however fail to attain a close rlashionship with them, but I do often pray to any and all depending on what my trouble or thanks are for.

..thanks for listening..

2. I'd lay off the Ravenwolf books, she's ...uh...lets just say she admit she doesn't use her brain al that often.

I'm sure others will chime in, and don't be scared of us. We're trying to refine and strengthen your beliefs....but they may have to be torn down first.

well I don't really much care where Isis wasfrom or whos goddess she is.. she's mine..and I like how things turn out better when I trust in her.. Idisagree with a buncha things RW says but....on the subject of faith and acceptance..i agree with her.. I have my own lil alter and say my own daily prayers and it suits me fine smile ...

isn't it important to know the history of of Isis? her people were very important and pretty powerful in their time. knowing the mythology seems important.  

Spring-heeled Jill

[(~Callista~)]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:48 am
Kia of the dominions
kagirinai_Kisu
Nuri
kagirinai_Kisu

..thanks for listening..

isn't it important to know the history of of Isis? her people were very important and pretty powerful in their time. knowing the mythology seems important.

One could point out that it might be a bit rude to the goddess to not know her past or what she stand for or what her followers believed.

Let's give an example. Prentend with me a minute. Let's say you some historic woman who achieved great things and had many tales told of her. Well some of those stories may not be true or anything near what you did. Wouldn't you want people to truely know and understand what you stood for?

It's your choice in the end, but I'm just saying. Even if you choose not to follow it, atleast do the research to learn more about her. Her past is just as important as your own. The past shapes the present does it not.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:29 pm
I feel that your response is rather ignorant... considering Isis has a history. If you're serious about following Her, I think She would prefer if you looked into Her past a bit.
"I don't really much care where Isis wasfrom or whos goddess she is.. she's mine" ... If I started following Tara (who i'm beginning to feel drawn to), I would care where She is from and whose Goddess She is (or, more correctly, what pantheon She comes from). When you research these things and learn them, you become closer to your Goddess. Isn't that important to you?  

Keistera

[(~Callista~)]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:43 pm
Keistera
I feel that your response is rather ignorant... considering Isis has a history. If you're serious about following Her, I think She would prefer if you looked into Her past a bit.
"I don't really much care where Isis wasfrom or whos goddess she is.. she's mine" ... If I started following Tara (who i'm beginning to feel drawn to), I would care where She is from and whose Goddess She is (or, more correctly, what pantheon She comes from). When you research these things and learn them, you become closer to your Goddess. Isn't that important to you?

I agree.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:38 pm
I also have to agree. It's understandable that you would want to retain your own gnosis of your deity, and I wouldn't argue for throwing it away.

However, it will help you expand your understanding of her path and ways if you study other peoples' experiences of her too, from antiquity to the modern day.

It is both an honor to her and a gift to yourself if you spend the time to study further and learn, even if you choose to worship her differently than other people have done.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:53 pm
I don't have a specific patron/patroness right now, but I'm mostly Kemetic. I worship the Neteru Aset, Bast, Nebt-het, Yinepu, Wesir, and Heru. I also honor Set, Geb, Nut, Thoth, and Sobek. But then again, I believe that all deities are really just different faces of the Self Created One...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:47 am
Nuri

I adore your sig! Well, the one with the Helenic items spelling out your name.  

EternalHearts

EternalHearts

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:51 am
kagirinai_Kisu

No one's saying you have to become Kemetic or anything like that, but you should know about your goddess. Faith and acceptance is one thing, blind follownig is another. Paganism, in any form, does not come out of a book. One does not pick a diety, or even a pantheon that sounds the "nicest" or "coolest" and become an insta-witch/wiccan/recon/whathaveyou. The only way you can advance in a religion, ANY religion, is through study and devotion.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff