Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

New Members {New to the guild? Introduce yourself here} Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:08 pm
Welcome, Anne and Jess! Anne, that thing in your signature is awesome; I did it and it was really cool. heart Jess, I know exactly what you mean. High school is really hard because it's the main point in everybody's lives when people are just trying to fit in. Sometimes it's hard not to go with the flow of the world around us. Hopefully, everyone here in Unashamed will be able to strengthen you in your walk with Christ so that the world can't win over you. heart  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:30 pm
Good evening. My Gaia name is Wind-Whisper, but you can call me Daisy. I thought it would be a nice breath of fresh air to have a Christian spot to come to. There are so many people on Gaia who are jaded and angry, and i am sorry to see that. So it's nice to meet you all.  

Wind-Whisper

Precious_lil_Princess

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:17 am
Hey im new (obviously)

My names Debby, but you can call me Debbles.
I love reading (Yes, im a bookworm, but a cool one lol)
Fave Books are the Mark of the lion series by Francine Rivers
Ummm, i love music

Thats about it lol

heart  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 1:43 pm
I'm currently in Pennsylvania, moving to Georgia this summer. And I am glad God loves me. rofl
We have a lot of changes going on right now with trying to sell our house, move, hope Dad gets a job, and school, so I was really glad to find this guild! I just started with gaia a couple days ago, so this is my first post!
We already found a churce in Georgia we can go to after we move, and there are some great radio stations. I love Christian rock.
ttfn  

chewmynails

egypttrulerofme

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:09 pm
I live in pa also but will be going to college in Germany with my (fiance) to study for missions. We plan on becoming missionaries in Russia and hope to find warriors for Gods army.  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:02 am
Welcome!^^  

OnoBoei

Shien no Ryuu

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:07 pm
Welcome to all the new people! God Bless you all! -^^-
Our member count keeps increasing! This makes me a happy dragon! heart

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:14 pm
ok, i, i'm john, i'm apart of like 4 christian guilds and was raised christian, i'm gonna be a freshmen in high school next year, i love comics and music of all type, and i think this is a really cool guild  

LearningtoBreath63

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:25 pm
Man, it's been forever since anyone's even posted in this thread. Glad to see it hasn't completely died out. eek  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:53 pm
'Ello.

You can call me Captain, or Captain Theoretical, or Captain_Theoretical or anything along those lines.

My really actual name is Hannah, but most people call me Hausea so you can call me that too.
(Haw-see, in case you actually wanted to say it aloud)

I was raised Christian, and went to a Presbyterian church, even though no one ever told me what made Presbyterianism any different from other branches of Christianity. I would ask them, and they would change the subject. If you know the answer, please tell me. whee

I lost my faith somewhere along the lines because I just didn't understand 'why' I should believe in God, and what evidence there was to support his existence (her, it, don't get me on gender). As I got older, I matured, and became agnostic as I explored what I actually believed.

Then one day it just hit me. I was setting the table, and it was like this jolt ran through my body (I know it sounds stupid) and I nearly dropped the plates. And at that moment I just 'knew'. If you know what I mean. sweatdrop

Now I pray 24/7 and people think I'm weird. I believe strongly in evolution, and the big bang. Wikipedia calls my beliefs day-age creationism. So I supppose I am a creationist after all.

I mean, it seems illogical to me that God's day is the same length as a human day. The pattern of seven days seems to follow evolution pretty well, there was light (big bang) and then there was the earth, and then the fish in the ocean, etc.

Also, the big bang is based on the theory that a few particles of matter were placed under extreme pressure (or something along those lines) but where did the particles come from? Eh?

Well, to each his own.

I'm a liberal but I'm not the kind that keeps the heads of republicans on stakes as hunting trophies. I love everybody.

And that being said, I talk way too much. If you actually read all of that, good for you. If you experience bleeding from the eyes, please contact a doctor immediately. sweatdrop

There's my story. And now for a quote.

"Jesus can swing, Jesus got skills. Go on and try it if you don't believe he will."--- Talking Heads

EDIT:

OH yes. And I love writing/reading poetry and short stories.  

Captain_Theoretical

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:02 pm
Captain_Theoretical
Then one day it just hit me. I was setting the table, and it was like this jolt ran through my body (I know it sounds stupid) and I nearly dropped the plates. And at that moment I just 'knew'. If you know what I mean. sweatdrop

I know exactly what you mean. 3nodding That's so awesome though. It gave me chills to read that. -rubs away the goosebumps- Welcome to the guild!!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:20 pm
Captain_Theoretical
'Ello.

You can call me Captain, or Captain Theoretical, or Captain_Theoretical or anything along those lines.

My really actual name is Hannah, but most people call me Hausea so you can call me that too.
(Haw-see, in case you actually wanted to say it aloud)

I was raised Christian, and went to a Presbyterian church, even though no one ever told me what made Presbyterianism any different from other branches of Christianity. I would ask them, and they would change the subject. If you know the answer, please tell me. whee

I lost my faith somewhere along the lines because I just didn't understand 'why' I should believe in God, and what evidence there was to support his existence (her, it, don't get me on gender). As I got older, I matured, and became agnostic as I explored what I actually believed.

Now I pray 24/7 and people think I'm weird. I believe strongly in evolution, and the big bang. Wikipedia calls my beliefs day-age creationism. So I supppose I am a creationist after all.

I mean, it seems illogical to me that God's day is the same length as a human day. The pattern of seven days seems to follow evolution pretty well, there was light (big bang) and then there was the earth, and then the fish in the ocean, etc.

Also, the big bang is based on the theory that a few particles of matter were placed under extreme pressure (or something along those lines) but where did the particles come from? Eh?

Well, to each his own.

I'm a liberal but I'm not the kind that keeps the heads of republicans on stakes as hunting trophies. I love everybody.

And that being said, I talk way too much. If you actually read all of that, good for you. If you experience bleeding from the eyes, please contact a doctor immediately. sweatdrop

There's my story. And now for a quote.

"Jesus can swing, Jesus got skills. Go on and try it if you don't believe he will."--- Talking Heads

EDIT:

OH yes. And I love writing/reading poetry and short stories.

wow, thats cool, welcome  

LearningtoBreath63

OnoBoei

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:06 am
hellos to outkasteen and capatin^^

@outkasteen: i read that thing you wrote in the writer's corner thingy, nice biggrin
@captain: whoa, that sounds so weird and wonderful at the same time eek xd (about the jolty thing)
@anybodyingeneral: yehey! two new members and both are into literature and stuff whee  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:31 am
Hello, I'm Nemitta you can call me Nem! I live on the coast of NC and have been a saved since I was 8. I rededicated my life when I was 17. I have had a wierd life and wouldn't have made it (if you know what I mean) without Christ. I'm 26 now married and have an 8 year old son whom I homeschool. I am what most people would call a fundamentalist, but I don't really care for how most people use that word.
I am wierd, I like to dye my hair purple, and I listen to just about any type of music, as long as it isn't offensive to God, except rap I don't listen to the rap that's been around lately, though "oldschool" rap is fun sometimes (stuff before the 90's).
I like anime and things like that. Love to read and do crafts, like crochet and cross stitch.
I also believe in the possibilty of the existance of aliens sweatdrop I know that's wierd, I'm not saying they do exist I'm saying they might. My husband thinks I'm crazy! rofl Though we both believe that the Loch Ness moster could be real. We like things like that! So with that said you have a pretty good idea of what I'm like.
I have great love for all of Gods people and for others, even if I don't agree with you or your lifestyle (I have a couple of friends who are well...check the word lifestyle sweatdrop ) I can still be your friend and pray for you.
I am a night owl, so normally if I get on here it will be at night. I don't like the day time the sun makes my eyes and body hurt. I'm going to get a test done to see if I have "Porphria", which is actually 5 different diseases the worst of which is where you can't go outside in the sun at all or your skin will burn, I know that sounds wierd, but if ya'll would pray that if that's what's wrong with me then the test will comeback with the info. For most of the versions of this disease there is treatment and that would be good because, I'm usually in a lot of pain.
I hope this wasn't too long and I hope I didn't sound crazy sweatdrop I just wanted to be upfront about my wierdness! rofl
God bless you all and thanks for letting me join!  

Nemitta

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:18 am
You don't sound all that weird to me. eek We need some of your upbeatness in our guild. By the way, welcome!! And yes, we'll definitely be praying for you. Porphria is like that disease that the kids had in that movie "The Others," right? Man, that would suck; I hope all goes well for you. heart  

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games