Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
***Please don't post in here*** Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which diet has been most effective for you?
  Atkin's diet
  South beach diet
  Weight Watchers
  Counting calories
  Good ol' fashioned hard work and strict exercise!
  Other.
View Results

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:58 am
Oh cool thanks! I'll have to try that, berry herbal tea sounds awesome. I have raspberry tea in my house and peppermint tea which I love. I don't have the original packaging though so I don't know if those are flavored green teas or something else. We also have a mango flavored tea too which I have yet to try.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:28 am
End of week 7

189.0!! I'm so proud, I'm finally under 190lbs! My goal is to be 135 by new years, and if I calculated it correctly, I have 16 weeks left and have to lose about 3.5 lbs every week if I want to reach my goal.

Things I want to do to improve the outcome of exercising is to walk more miles everyday instead of 3 days a week. I have my walking class MWF, which means on Tuesdays and Thursdays I can walk after school. In class, I'm really going to try and fit 2 miles in 30 mins, and when I'm at home, I'll make my walks longer. I wish I had time to continue the C25K plan....maybe on TTh and weekends I can...but for me to enjoy running, I feel like I have to lose all the weight first. Trying to run at my heavy weight is a pain in the a**.

Also, I think I'll change the format of my posts instead of having a set program of when to eat. I'll still stick to 3 small meals and 2 or 3 small snacks, but probably not in the order I've been eating them. I find myself eating out of that order, especially when I walk, I always feel hungry, so I eat more than usual. Haha did that make any sense?  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:00 am
Its good to eat a little bit more when you're exercising so that your body doesn't get totally confused. Good plan!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:31 am
Saturday august 28th 2010

Today's intake:

•egg veggie sandwich made with 1 organic egg, 2 slices of white bread, light mozzarella cheese, 2 tbsp of sliced black olives, and bell peppers) (8:15am)
•1 round falafel ball with hummus and tahini sauce. (11:50am)
•1 peanut butter crunch power bar. (12:45pm)
•souplantation. I had a large salad with fat free ranch, half a small bowl of vegetarian Indian lentil soup, a few bites of their Mac and cheese and Alfredo fetaccini, 1 small breadstick with cheese and veggies on top, 1 glass of strawberry lemonade. (3:00pm)
• 3/8 of a caramel toffee/almond  apple striped with chocolate fudge (the boyfriend is on to my evil plan of losing weight and is trying to seduce me with chocolatey sugary goodness) haha. (4:20pm)  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:30 am
Yesterday I felt like I ate way too much and didn't get to exercise at all. So today, I finally have time to run. I'm going to start week 3 and I'm a little nervous that I won't be able to do it because it's been 2 and a half weeks since finishing week 2. I'm going to try though.

I have an idea. I already walk in my walking class on MWF. So, on TTh, I'm going to try and fit the running C25K at night after school. And I think I'll alternate running on Saturdays and Sundays, like, I'll run on one day of the week, then run on the other day the following week. This way, every week I'll have at least 1 resting day either on Saturday or Sunday. I want to have alternate everyday between walking and running for 6 days a week, so let's see how that turns out.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:27 am
Sunday august 29th 2010

Today's intake:

•veggie egg sandwich made with 2 white slices of bread, 1 over easy egg, sliced black olives, and bell peppers
•1 pepperidge lemon cookie
•1 garden burger made with a garden patty, wheat bun, mozzarella cheese, slice of tomato, lettuce, olives, bell peppers. 
•1 power crunch protein bar (peanut butter crunch flavor)
•snacked on mozzarella cheese

Drank lots of water through out the day. 

Today's exercise: 

•week 3 day 1 of C25K. It was pretty tough jogging for 3 minutes straight and I had to stop the timer a couple times to prolong the walking intervals. Over all, I did alright. Started out strong and ended up tired. =D  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:32 pm
Monday august 30th 2010

Today's intake:

•egg cheese sandwich made with 2 white slices of bread, mozzarella cheese, and 1 over easy egg. 
•chamomile tea with 1 tsp of English toffee syrup (flavored with splenda)
•1 turkey wrap made with 1 flat wheat bread, lettuce, 1 slice of tomato, 2 turkey bologna slice and light mayo. 
•half a large apricot
•veggie calzone with light garlic sauce and light cheese. 
•small spinach salad with house dressing
•9 home made grape leaves stuffed with ground turkey and rice (each one only has 1 or 2 tbsp of mixed rice and ground turkey, so they're pretty small)

Today's exercise:

•sped walked 1.5 miles in 30 mins.   
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:32 pm
Tuesday, august 31, 2010

I finally got my period today and I'm bloated, I may or may not run today.....

•grilled cheese sandwich made with 1 white flour tortilla, light mozzarella cheese, and sliced olives
•chamomile tea
•10 stuffed grape leaves
•Detour protein bar
•2 slices of cheese pizza
•small bowl of pasta and Alfredo sauce
•half a caramel English toffee apple striped with chocolate. 

Just a rant: I didn't get a chance to run because of homework. I'm always hungry on my period and I felt like a ate too much. Good thing I'm walking tomorrow.   

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:06 am
I can totally relate to your period getting in the way of your weight loss. If I'm not bloating and carrying around a bunch of water weight then my cravings are just off the charts and out-of-control.

Speaking of which, mine should be starting some time in the next week. *sigh* At least I'm running again. My cycle seems to be easier if I'm running regularly.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:06 am
Okay, this is REALLY late, but congrats on getting into the 180's! Have you tried walking before breakfast (on the weekends)? Maybe that could put some wind in the sails for weight loss. 3.5 lbs a week is pretty ambitious.  

Sunsway

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:02 am
sweatdrop i hate periods.... they make you crave everything bad & not want to do anything!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:48 am
Less than my period, I hate the week before my period, where I start getting cramps if I exercise at all. (its a problem).

._.

I love stuffed grape leaves and should get a tin...  

Tandahda
Crew

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:29 am
Be sure you're taking a multivitamin!

You want to eat EVERYTHING IN THE HOUSE while you're on your period 'cause your metabolism goes into overdrive - if you can resist, you're using that to your advantage for extra calorie burn. (: If you eat extra though, it mostly gets burned off, so as long as you're semi-moderate about it, no worries. <33

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:58 pm
Wednesday September 1st 2010

Today's intake: 
•11stuffed grape leaves (through out the day)
•turkey bologna sandwich made with 3 turkey slices, mayo, and 2 white slices if bread
•large salad with ranch
•5 cheese puffs from Cheetos
•1 chocolate covered strawberry.

Drank plenty of water

Just a rant: I overslept and missed my chemistry class AND PE! So I didn't exercise at all today. Grrr....I hope I haven't gained too much weight.....  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:37 am
Thanks everyone for the replies! I agree, periods sucks.

@ Seraphsody: my mom actually home cooked them. They're really easy to make. She just buys a jar of grape leaves (which has a lot!) and then cooks her own ground beef and makes her own rice. This time around, she used groud turkey. Then just mix the rice and beef together, then put about a tbsp or so on each leaf and roll them up. After rolling them up, you need to put them in a large pot with either ribs or baby carrots (just so the bottom layer of grape leaves don't burn) then add water and let boil. Yum!

@Sunsway: I know it's ambitious, I actually messed up my calculation, I meant 2.2 lbs a week. sweatdrop haha big difference huh.

@ Stars: I do take a multivitamin, and I feel a big difference in energy and emotion. I haven't had PMS or bitchiness, and I don't feel lousy or drained or tired like usual. Although, I'm still craving stuff so I've been eating a little extra but haven't had a chance to walk or run since I started it. Oh well, at least the horrible bloated feeling is gone.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff