Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:40 pm
~XING~ ~LYNX~ ~HOUR~

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Hey guys! Great news! Foo Fighters put up a live video of them playing their new song, "See You Next Week". Or at least I believe that's what it's called. (The video is titled that) The song is pretty good, it lingers away from their recent work and heads back to the There Is Nothing Left To Lose sound. I think the album'll be fantastic with this tidbit of music. If you wanna hear it, just check the bands Facebook.
If you're a Mastodon fan and don't know of Bill Kelliher's side project, Primate, you may wanna look into them. I don't really know anything about their music but you can look em' up, see if you like em', and if you do; smile. Because they're going on tour soon and they're already started gigging. (Difference from touring & gigging: Touring, set a schedule of shows that will be performed with other bands. Gigging, making shows every so often whenever convinient) So, if they come near you, see them!
I peeked into an Alternative Press magazine today and was pleased to see bands like Rise Against, Cake, Senses Fail, and even Parkway Drive. But as I read through the magazine, (backwards) I came to the inside sleeve and saw a Motorhead advertisement. All I could think was, "Since when the ******** was Motorhead alternative in the slightest?" Whatever... Motorhead probably just payed them to put them in there.
A few months ago I talked about the bands, Shoveljerk and Gouds Thumb. After pretty thoroughly listening through their music that I had, I pretty much came up with one song from each of them worth listening to. Not saying they're the only good songs, but if you don't like these ones, you wont like them. Shoveljerk had the song, "Easy Target", which is kind of Fugazi sounding track with lots of amazing slide. The song is 'like' Fugazi loosely, because the song has some moderately heavy guitar riffs in between slide runs. The Gouds Thumb song I liked a lot was called "Together". This song is pretty well related to the style of Toadies with a lot more ambient guitar and less vocals. The song is really kind of weird, so it does have some weird songwriting things in there. The last thing about it, is that it is a little difficult to tell when the chorus really comes in. It's not too catchy, but you'll know when you hear the cool guitar part and he's shouting, "Together!"

Song of the Day - -

Head Like A Hole - Nine Inch Nails
Hailing from the legendary album, Pretty Hate Machine, comes the amzing song, "Head Like A Hole". And no, the intro riff was not used in Starcraft. One cool thing about this song is how it uses an opposite technique that a lot of writers use. Typically, before the chorus, there will be a soft pre-chorus. But instead, NIN takes the opposite approach and puts a loud chorus followed with a soft, droning post-chorus. This post chorus is incredibly recognizable as well. I overall find this title fantastic! It's really for everyone.

- - - Everyone Else's World

- - Winter Update

Okay, so. Finals are up tomorrow. s**t. I got 2 and a half days of finals starting tomorrow. Although, none of mine are that bad. Luckily.

- - The Rest of the Things I Hate

Okay, for one, I entered in the avi arena as a joke. I was trolling dressed up as Zorgo and told everyone to bow before me. They got mad, bro. You should all vote on me and laugh. Five's please?
I'mma go on a get music spree this weekend. Starting with A Day To Remember's new album, What Seperates Me From You. After that, I'll be getting the acoustic guitar players, Ewan Dobson and Igor Presnyakov. They're both great players and I need some acoustic stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:55 pm
.X.i.n.g. .L.y.n.x. .H.o.u.r.

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

One of the guitarists of Periphery, Jake Bowen, broke his finger. So, he's being filled in with 2 different guitar players to fill in the gap. His replacements are the guitar players from Monuments, and Red Seas Fire. There's no worries about show cancellations though. The replacing guitarists are going to tour with them until Jake is better.
"When You're Young" is the new single by 3 Doors Down and it's available on iTunes now. The song has some obvious country influence while still sporting the more modern tone the 3 Doors Down provides. The only thing I dislike about it is that no matter how much I tell myself it's not, It always makes me think it's Nickelback. And that's not okay. It's an alright song, but eh. Could've been better. The best part of the song is the very short transition into the chorus, it sounds really cool. It's like, westerny.
If you're really into that silly indie stuff, Rooney's touring. It's their 2011 tour called, Not In My House, and it headlines with Rooney and Eisley and The Chapin Sisters are supporting. I personally... Don't care much. But you can look into it if you do.
I ran across this band called Repeater, they're not too bad actually. They're a mixture of At the Drive-In and The Killers, so they provide a very drum-focussed, strange sound. A lot of it's pretty good, but they make a bit too many ballads. They could also use some more distorted guitar... Well, okay. They have room for improvement. But they're not too bad and you might just like em'. Look them up on iTunes or another music sharing community.
Another new released song, "Mine Smell Like Honey" by R.E.M. It's their new single, and it's kind of catchy and very poppy. It's got a hint of their old music in their but with vocals from Accelerate. I like how they used there signature 8th note arpeggios in this song but they added distortion so it's got this whole new feel to it. Give her a listen.

Song of the Day - -

Butterfly - Weezer
Well, this was one of the first songs I fell in love with as a kid. It's an acoustic song that uses only a handful of chords and Rivers Cuomo's raw emotion. That seconds part's because it was on Pinkerton. I decided last night that I had to learn this song on guitar and be able to perform it, because I ******** love it. If you care about any songs with power behind them, this is one.

- - Winter Update

Tomorrow is the last day of finals! And all I have is geometry and tech theatre because it's a half day. Hopefully my weekend plans actually carry through this weekend though. We'll see.

I have a strong feeling that I'm gonna be sick right after finals are over. Because I'm already getting symptoms... Sore throat, although it's just raspy in the back, my nose is giving me that weird 'lose but not runny' feeling. And i've been so lathargic and going to bed early. Icky! Hopefully I don't just get mega sick on monday, but hey. Just watch me.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:15 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Are you a big Soundgarden fan? Were you disappointed in Telephantasm? Well, if you wanted some new Soundgarden to listen to, they're now providing the opportunity to pre-order their new live album, Live On I-5. If you pre-order, you get a free sound check CD. Whatever that is, I don't know. It's either a bonus disk with a neato name, or it's them saying, 'check, one two, check one two' and that would be retarded. But sadly, I expect it.
Bayside released a new song called "Mona Lisa". At first, the only thing that rang in my head was "Mona Lisa" by All-American Rejects, but it's definetly not relatable. Except the only version available that I can find is an acoustic live version. I actually think the song sounds kinda... Dumb. But maybe that's because they're no good at acoustics. When it's made into an fully instrumental song, I'll probably like it.
I heard the single that Beady Eye released over the weekend. It's called "Bring The Light". It was okay. It does just sound like Oasis though. Like, no different really. Maybe a little harder. The song was alright though, I don't really recommend it unless you're a big Oasis fan though.
"Action Needs An Audience" is a song from Jimmy Eat World's most recent album, Invented. This isn't strange but what is strange is how Chase This Light the band had gotten a bit softer and less emocore. Well, I preffered when they had a little emocore in them. And when I got Invented I was hoping for it. This song shows that emocore style that appeared in Futures and I was confused on which album it was on a first. It's a really good song and you guys should look into it if you're an earlier JEW fan.

Song of the Day - -

Level 5 - Ewan Dobson
Ewan Dobson is an acoustic guitar god and this is probably his best song ever. It's a old school game sounding song but interpretted acoustically. It's got some pretty intense guitar work and especially at about the halfway point. It gets way beyond crazy. It's just holy s**t. I would check this out unless you don't like songs without vocals. Even metal heads should check this out because maybe you'll pull a Dobson and do this with some distortion.

- - Winter Update

Sorry I haven't posted for a while. My weekend was busy with Emmy and my buddy. I'll try to be more active this week if I can. Since finals are over, shouldn't be too hard.
Yeah. I'm sick. I'm not gonna go to school tomorrow but hopefully I can on tuesday. I wanna go to my new class! Health II. Haha. So exciting right?

I got Bayside. I don't hate Bayside. But I decided that they are a cross-breed between Weezer and Senses Fail. More from Senses Fail though, lot's more from them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:19 pm
X L H
i y o
n n u
g x r

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

The new R.E.M. single, "Discoverer", is now available on iTunes. Since it's still new, the song is $1.29 at the moment, but if you like R.E.M., it'll be worth it. If you don't care too bad, just listen to it on youtube or something. The sleeve for the single looks pretty cool actually, it's got the band's name and the single's title obviously and then it's got some cool geometrical stuff going on behind some blue stripes. It's neat. Also, if you're interested i nhearing another song by them, or at least a sample, you can also listen to the acoustic track, "It Happened Today" on the pre-order page for Collapse Into Now. And in that song, Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam assists with vocals. It's a good song actually.
You can now pre-order Rise Against's new album, Endgame, off of iTunes or Amazon.com. It's gonna be awesome! It's first single is called, "Help Is On The Way". It's actually really good, it's got the same RA feel that their fansbase loves. Their album will be available on March 15th with that single included on it. If that wasn't obvious enough?
Are you a country fan? Well, If you like Staind as well, I have cool news for you then! Staind's frontman, Aaron Lewis, is giving country music a shot and his debut album, Town Line, is up for pre-order now. It's only 5 songs, but they're supposed to be really good. It's a little strange to hear Aaron giving himself such credit in a group, especially strange to hear himself in his own, self-titled, solo project. I always thought he was this angsty guy with all this childhood rage built up. Well, that became clearly over once Chapter V came out.
I found an old album of my dad's in his shelves the other day, it was A Flight And A Crash by Hot Water Music. For those who didn't know, Hot Water Music is a post-hardcore group who sounds a lot like Fugazi. I've really gotten to like these guys from this album alone. I'd heard of them before but I never knew anything about them really. Now I ******** love em'! I really recommend them to anyone who like Sparta, At The Drive-In, or as I said, Fugazi. If you don't know any of them but you like punk or grunge, you should also give them a try.

Song of the Day - -

Jack Of All Trades - Hot Water Music
This song has a very mild volume but it uses it's shouted 'heys' to give the chorus's pops of volume that make it have a nice flow. The repeated line of, "But ******** yeah you'll get yours" comes up and that's my favorite part. Ity sounds really cool when the two vocal lines add up like that. I recommend this song to anyone who likes punk or grunge. (I said this before...) Or Fugazi especially.

- - Winter Update

I've been sick. I didn't go to school today or yesterday, but I will be going tomorrow. Whether or not I feel good. I have to find out what's going on with this choir trip to OSU on Thursday. Ooh, singing with a sore throat. Fun.

I wish I had more time of day to download music! I got Blue Oyster Cult's music today as well as Pierce The Veil's. What an odd couple to select huh? I learned today that BOC isn't actually as good as I've always thought they were. Don't get me wrong; they're good. But not like, Scorpions good.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:19 am
xinglynxhour

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

We'll start the day off with some light news; Alter Bridge is coming to Portland at the Roseland theatre. It's their first ever show in Portland (Shocking) and they said their excited for it. Who wouldn't say that though, right? Well, tickets are $25. Plus shipping and handling of course. I don't really wanna go because it's A. Expencive, and B. I've seen a lot about Alter Bridge sucking live. So I'll pass.
Well ,******** finally! The Strokes have named their album and even gotten artwork for it done. It's called Angles and the album art is a geometric drawing that have a black and white tiled floor and a bunch of tall blue and pink rectangled that build this kinda wall. It's kinda neat and it reminds me of the kind of art that older bands from the 90s would have used like Dinosaur Jr. or Pavement. It's gonna be a good album! And if it's not, I'm never ******** talking about The Strokes again.
Oh, this is nifty. Counting Crows frontman Adam Duritz posted a cover of Tom Waits song, "Rainbow Sleeves" that's just him singin' and playin' the piano. It's a neat little cover I think, I don't know Tom Waits to well to say though. Emmy does though, maybe I should have her listen. Well anyway, you can actually download the cover from their facebook page if you want it. So go do that.
The official music video for Bayside's most recent single, "Sick, Sick, Sick" was released yesterday. I haven't seen it but I'll make a comment about the song; It always makes me think of Queens Of The Stone Age. They probably should've thoguht that one through. Because seriously, how would you not know that QOTSA song?
On the topic of music video's; Alternative indie group, Rooney also released their music video for "Holdin' On". I also haven't seen this. But I can assume that it's trippy as balls because Rooney usually takes that approach with everything: Album covers, videos, their clothes... But none the less, you might wanna check out the video yourself.

Song of the Day - -

Nothing Wrong - Jimmy Eat World
This is one of Jimmy's heavier songs that they've written. It's got a powerful chorus that has a two layer guitar use, one playing heavy chords and the other playing a repitive high hammer on thingie. The song's got really heavy exploding verses. This effect comes from the drums mostly, they just crash on the end of each stop-start rythym. The last verse is specifically violent: There's a second vocal line that's distorted and makes some desperate screams at the beginning of the verse which enters on a distorted cymbal crash. It's a wacky song that's just really good. I recommend it to anyone really. Go check it out.

- - Winter Update

Sorry I couldn't post yesterday, I was at an all day choir thing. And that went from bad to worse because when I got home, I puked. By the end of the night there was 2 vomitting sessions and 2 that were just one little spurt. Although, the weird part was that I barely puked up any solids at all. the first time, absolutely no solids came out. Mostly just juice that I just drank. Too graphic for you guys? I'll keep you informed on all of my bowel movements too then.
I realized i don't like Coheed and Cambria as much as I thought I did. They're good, but I was downloading their albums (Excluding No World For Tomorrow because I already had it) just a little while ago and I really didn't keep a whole ton. They're good no doubt, but they do to many songs with sequence and I don't care for those.

Puking. It sucks a big load of a*****e.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:41 pm
X L H

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

So, earlier today I mentioned that Rooney had a new video for their song, "Holdin' On". Well, now they have a 'in the making of' video of it on their profile on Facebook. If you wanna check out some behind the scenes action with Rooney, you can watch that neat little video.
Oh lord. Quiet Riot is active again. I'm not sure what their entire intent is, but they've got a whole new line-up that's ready to rock! Maybe they're going to record a new album to top their last release in 2006, Rehab. If they write more music; wow. Quit. You've gone on like this way too long. But still, looking forward to a chance at possibly new music.
If you're a viewer of Shinedown's weekly web show, sorry. It's cancelled this week. I heard it's because of a shitty internet connection in the studio. They should be having their webshow the week after though.
You know a band who seems to get ignored even though they should've topped their adversaries, Sum 41 and Barenaked Ladies; Eve 6. They're an awesome band and they get thrown out the ******** window so you can hear the really bad portion of post-grunge. Well, Eve 6 needs more credit for their brilliance. They have awesome tracks like, "Inside Out", "Showerhead", and "At Least We're Dreaming". These are songs that can't be ignored. Go listen to them!

Song of the Day - -

Devotion and Desire - Bayside
A great nickname for this song is D&D. Haha. Initials. The best part about this song, easily, is the incredibly catchy chorus. It's so good. Not to say the rest of the song isn't good too. The verses are suspenceful and the solo is ******** amazing! Like, for real. This is another song I advise to all, they're heavy, melodic, and just great. Go listen.

- - Winter Update

Haha. First time I've posted two article's in one day for quite awhile. You better ******** enjoy it.

Being sick. But guess what. I'm actually feeling better.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:33 pm
X I N G L Y N X H O U R

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

So, Bon Jovi is doing this sick Valentines thing! You can order a bouquet of flowers and a CD with a bunch of Bon Jovi's love songs! But wait, there's more! It'll be delivered on Valentines Day! So, show your honey that you love her, and that she doesn't give love a bad name.
Well, Train won a grammy tonight. They're pretty excited about it, but then again, who wouldn't? Not to be a d**k but, they don't really deserve it. They're good, but not THAT good. You know what I mean? On band that did get a grammy that deserved it was Switchfoot, for their album, Hello Hurricane. That was a decent decision. Especially because that amazing song, "Mess Of Me" was on that album.
Ooh. Wanna know something ******** retarded? Green Day's incredibly popular album, American Idiot, is being made into a Broadway musical. If that isn't bad enough, but wait, it gets worse! Davey Havoc from AFI is going to be an actor in it. Wow. That whole musical is basically a collaboration of reject faggots. Please, if you respect music, theatre, or yourself, do not see this. do not even consider seeing this. Do not even think about this after this paragraph.
Okay, wanna know who the coolest orchestral metal band in the world is? Eluvitie. They are awesome! They use bagpipes, flutes, horns... All that great s**t! The coolest part about them is that they don't just sit there and do crazy solos and sound like every other band, no! They have screaming vocals and actually make good songs. "Inis Mona" is the best one I can think of, go check that s**t out!

Song of the Day - -

Down - Stone Temple Pilots
This is a song from their album No.4, which is suprising because it still has that hard grungey feeling that's illustrtated in Core. This song is probably one of STP's hardest songs to date and it provides their most powerful approach to heavy guitar riffs. Also, the use of distance between intervals between Weilands vocals and the guitar riffs provide the song a nice touch of something. I could really talk all night about the guitar in this song, as I said, it's very low and heavy. But it also has immense use of stop-start rythyms, classic rock riffing, and the delicious natural harmonics. Not to even mention the nice little solo! Well, This song has nice alternative qualities, metal qualities, and grunge qualities. Everyone should listen to this song. Go!

- - Winter Update

Ugh. I have to sing all day tomorrow because it's Valentines Day. It's not all bad. I'm excused from every class.
Oh, two nights ago, I finished Heavier Than Heaven. It's an intense book and overall, just great. Even if you don't like Nirvana, I think it's a good book to read. It's got a lot of interesting situations and it just shows how ******** up Kurt was. Anyone who lieks rock music should read this book.

I'm exhausted from school. I am just so ******** tired of it. I wanna get in a kick a** rock band, and not have to deal with this s**t any more.
Well this sucks. I might change my avatars hair again, but to what? Hmm...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:58 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Hey guys. In a world of opinions, I take a stand and express mine to those who are willing to hear and possibly object upon. Tonight, I'd like to talk about a band who I've begun to really become interested in since last summer; At The Drive-In. From their entrance into music, Acrobatic Tenement, ATDI has made a very unique sound for themselves. Although, in my my opinion, (Not yours) I think they drastically improved from each record. Acrobatic Tenement, in MY opinion, kind of sucked. A lot of the songs were very similar and didn't have a lot of dynamic contrast, in other words, excitement. In/Casino/Out was where the band had just about got it down, but something was missing. It may not have been bluntly obvious, but that something was the use of piano and keyboards. Once Relationship of Command came out, it was like, "Badayumn." (Badaymn = Oh damn) That was the album where they had hits like "One Armed Scissor" and other great songs like, "Mannequin Republic", "Arcarsenal", and "Pattern Against User". As well as a bundle others. Why did I decide to talk about these guys even though their prime (Well actually, existence) is up? Well. It's because I've seen a lot of dispute over what hardcore is. It's not Parkway Drive, or Miss May I. (No offence to either in any way) Those bands were definetly influenced by some hardcore groups and show this in their music. But REAL hardcore, isn't really all that hardcore. It's just a form of punk rock that evolved into all these other genres once the 2000s came along. The bands who let hardcore music take a flight were Fugazi, Helmet, Hot Water Music, and At The Drive-In. This whole hardcore movement started in the mid 80s'ish and got popular in the 90s (Somewhat) and by the 2000s, all these other genres had built off of it. Some which take a horrible reputation that they don't deserve. Screamo, it's basically the biggest hardcore subgenre. Bands like Chiodos and Senses Fail are leaders in this category. And they show IMMENSE hardcore influences. But guess what the difference is? And no tward tots, it's not screaming. That's been around. It's the fact it's hardcore music but it's got a much heavier focus on being heavier. That's basically it. So just make sure you don't go calling metal hardcore. Sometimes you could say it's hardcore metal, which is a little bit vague but go ahead. At least you aren't being a ********. (Oh ******** is now one word regardless of how it's always been)
Ready for some My Chemical Romance mini news!? Well, get ready! Wait... Wait... Okay. It's time. The band has released a deluxe version of the "Sing" single. The new single disk features the music video, the album version of the song, and a few alternate versions of older songs. "Ghost Of You" being one.
If you've been following Counting Crows on Facebook you'll have seen the endless updates about their frontman Adam Duritz and his Valaentines Day covers. They're all kinda neat, as I said because I talked about them before... But none the less, he wants to release them all on a compilation album called, All My Bloody Valentines. And he's probably gonna hold a CD cover art contest. It'd be sick if he did, because I'll totally participate! I'd be ******** excited if I made the art for that s**t! Even if they didn't take it.
Well, time for all you alternative kids to hop in joy spasms. Ridiculously famous alternative band, Radiohead, is getting ready to release an album really soon. It's gonna be out this month and i've heard rumors it might be the 22nd. Which would be cool I suppose. It was really short notice actually, strange? I wonder what weird thing Thom's setting up for this album. Well anyway, that album is titled The King Of Limbs and so far I'm not positive on the art, but I've seen an image of a Dinosaur Jr. like piece of graffiti/splatter art around. Including on their Facebook, it's actually their user picture. We'll see what happens right?

Song of the Day - -

Here Comes The Rain - Hypnogaja
This is a very powerful song lyrically, which is backed up by mild ammounts of cluttered instruments and strong chords. I admit, if you're lookning to get into this band, don't rely on this song. The vocals are very different in comparison to any of their other songs, It's got a much grungier, aggresive sound in it in this song as well as grunts that come out a little whiney sometimes. It's not too heavy but I can see metal fans liking this song for the powerful execution of the songs. So I can really see anyone liking this song.

- - Winter Update

Wowwy. Today sucked. I had to go around to all the classes and sing to people I dislike, don't know, or don't wanna be singing to. Now, since we had to book it to all these classes, I have a blister on the back of my left foot. It's mild though. So i'm not sure if I should pop it or not...

Valentines Day. If you love someone, it doesn't matter what day it is. Also. A large portion or women ask for equality to men but they still treat gender roles as if it were in tehre favor. If the guy doesn't do anything sweet for the girl, it's ******** rude. But the girl doesn't do anything for the guy and it's normal. In fact, it's kinda weird if a girl does something for a guy. Not that I'm saying guys aren't the obviously more dominant (In personality types) gender, but wow. If you want equality, for real, you have to be treated the same by either gender. I mean seriosuly, come on. Bisexuals get it!

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:07 pm
~X~I~N~G~ ~L~Y~N~X~ ~H~O~U~R~

- - - With additions from the EmilyRaynebow Minute!

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Well, Periphery had an interesting bit of news today. Their next few shows on their European tour will be done instrumentally because their vocalist has bronchitis. Normally, I'd think they'd just get a singer for the tour but... No. Just no vocals. I find that crazy. I think their shows'll still be alright though, even without them there vocals.
So, the New England Metal & Hardcore festival is gonna be going on in April and the headliners are announced. For the first date, Attack Attack! Yeah, gay. I'm sorry for any of you foolish enough to go. The next night is a band I've never heard of, Biohazard. And well, I don't know s**t about them. Then theirs and actual metal bands headlining the next night, Hatebreed. They're... Yeah. But at least their real metal.
Soundgarden has made an informal announcement that they wanna release a real record this year. Not a live album, not a compilation, an actual album. Let's see how that flies.
Wow! The Strokes finally released a new song! It's called, "Under Cover of Darkness". The song does have a definite Strokesey sound, but it's bit more... How to say... Funky? It's got more going on that's for sure. Also, I noticed that the writing used in the chorus is very different from their usual approach, it's a lot more catchy than their past chorus's and has more prolonged vocal notes. It's a good song actually, but be ready to know that it is a bit different. I'm still expecting Angles to come out great.
Speaking of singles, you can listen to a more than likely future single off of the soon releasing, Endgame by Rise Against. The song you can sample on iTunes is called "Architects" and it is one of Rise Against's songs with major chorus influence like "Savior", but it's still pretty sweet. I hear some nice bass chords in there and I was really impressed at their shot at that. Sounds good Rise Against, keep it up!

EmilyRaynebow Minute - -

So every once in a while I'll have a song of the week. This one, is "Gunman" by Them Crooked Vultures. Let me just say, HOLY s**t this song is amazing. The beginning is what pulls you in, and I love that. I've never heard anything like it, so you should check it out and j**z.
Along with songs of the week, I have aritsts of the month. This month (Or year...) has been Alice In Chains. They give me that numb feeling, where I feel nothing. Any sadness or anger I had, is gone. And I fall asleep because I feel so... Light. I miss Layne.
I've been listening to a lot of 'different' music lately... My usual 5 bands are Pierce The Veil, A Day To Remember, August Burns Red, Enter Shikari and Four Year Strong. But, it's been Alice In Chains, Queens Of The Stone Age, Them Crooked Vultures, (like there's any difference...) Fugazi and Bayside.
I ********' miss the 90's when life was good. Especially music. And them Grunge boys... <3

Song of the Day - -

Guns Of Summer - Coheed and Cambria
Although I've been sceptical and against Coheed's most recent (And probably last) album, Year Of The Black Rainbow. This song is tight. It's got a very fast, 16th note based guitar line that drives the song and really that theme stays throughout the song, even in a portion of the chorus. Along with Claudio's vocals, a very low, distorted voice backs up some of his words in the verses and that adds a cool, almsot Pantera'y feel. Odd comparison, but it makes me think of the vocals in their song, "Floods". I will also say, that alongside me saying that a song on this album is actually good, do be aware it's not very much like them. Especially the guitar solo, it's synthed the balls up. Like, what the ********, ******** up. If you like experimental, electronic sounding music, this might be a song you like. Listen if you please. Or if you're siamese.

- - Winter Update

Alright day. I guess. Emmy made it better for me, thank her blessed soul. The day started out horrible, my cat peed on my backpack. I was incredibly I took all my stuff out prior to it. The worst part was she must have peed on it within these 5 minutes I let her into my room during the unholy hours of the morning I woke up to go get a drink. ******** my love for my cat. She is now banned from my room until she proves she can be good. One more slip and she's perma-banned.

Being sick for a week and then going back to geometry. Woo! So much s**t I missed. Oh well, I'm pretty alright at math. Too bad I hate that bullshit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:31 pm
xing
lynx
hour

- - - With additions from the EmilyRaynebow Minute!

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Well, kick s**t news! Bayside's new album came out! It's called Killing Time and I haven't heard it all but so far it's kick a** and the opening track, "Already Gone", is pretty good. It's definetly still got their particular flavor in it, and I do have to say that it's much better than those shitty acoustic versions i talked about before.
Oh, lately I've been hearing a new little uprising of Nirvana fans and there's good news for them. Nirvana's albums; Nirvana, MTV Unplugged in NY, and Nevermind are on sale for only $7.99 on iTunes for this week. It's definetly a way to get their music if you're on a budget and still need those albums.
I saw some of those covers for the All My Bloody Valentines album that Adam Duritz is holding a cover art contest for, some are pretty cool. Others are... Complete garbage. For real. My favorite one I saw was this one with a robot on it that had some mega pop art elements. There were a handful of others I liked too though. But another thing I found disappointing was that some of the images were excellent... For a painting. They just weren't album artesque.
I'd known of this song (And had it for a long time) but recently, I fell in love with it again. Nine Inch Nails's amazing, demented, ballad, "Right Where It Belongs". It's a cool song, although a bit repetitive. I know one of my friends didn't care for it for that exact reason. But I think the song has some great lyrics and some intense emotion. It's a song to peek in on if you want some dark inspiration.

EmilyRaynebow Minute - -

- Best vocalists -

1. Layne Staley
I ******** love Layne (Alice In Chains). I would give anything for him not to have died. His voice is immaculate. It puts me in that mood, the one where every emotion is erased. Sadness, anger, even boredom. Just wiped away.
Oh Yeah.
2. Josh Homme
Them Crooked Vultures and Queens of the Stone Age are some of my untimate favorite bands, anyway. His voice is like a lovely droll, his “singing”, (droans) just sound so nice, especially with the type of music he plays.
3. Lady Gaga
Her actual singing voice is wonderful. Like in "Speechless", or even her new song, "Born This Way", give me chills. Gaga is such a wonderful person, with a wonderful voice to match.
4. Gerard Way
I’ve never heard one like it. Not only have I loved My Chemical Romance for 7 years, but in that time his voice has been stamped in my head. His lyrics are like stories, too. Gerard is one of the nicest people I’ve ever met, too.
5. Tom Waits
Tom’s poems, and songs are creepy as ******** but I love it so much. It’s raspy, dirty and raw. But it gives the perfect tone for his words. Everyone should go listen to "Diamonds & Gold", NOW.

Song of the Day - -

Fire Of Unknown Origin - Blue Oyster Cult
This is a great way for BOC to have entered the 80s, they had a rockin' keyboard in this song that screamed, "Hey, look at me, classic rock that's got a synthesizer! And I'm not a glam band!" While I said that this song had a cool keyboard part, don't think the other instruments didn't get their strength. The bass guitar has a pretty sick main line that's actually kind of funky and reminds me of some Beatles basswork. Although, I hate the Beatles. And the guitar has some sick ambient riffs as well as a great part in this little bridge after the second chorus. Overall, it's a great song for a guy who can enjoy the classics, but not dwell on the media-fed singles.

- - Winter Update

Well, I'm ******** sick, again. This time it's in my throat and lungs though. I have a nasty a** cough bro. It blows wiener. I went to first period today though, (Choir) and the weird a** part was; I sang great today. The stranger part was how just the week prior my instructor was telling us how even if you're sick you should participate. Because since you're afraid you'll sound like s**t, you'll work your voice extra hard, and that'll make you sound phenominal. Admittedly, I did rather well today.
I'm slowly working my way through downloading all of Metallica's s**t, and I have to comment; So. ********. Much. Music.

Getting sick just when you caught up from missing days.
Scene kids. They're so horrible. Just... So... Horrible...

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:28 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

The guitar players, Mark Tremonti and Myles Kennedy from Alter Bridge are going to be featured in the UK's guitar magazine. The article will be titled, The Readers Vs. Alter Bridge. I'm sure they're doing the article to talk about their most recent album, Alter Bridge 3. Which by the way, does that title bug anyone else? It wouldn't be annoying if they had titled it with numbers from their first album on, like Billy Talent and Days of a New. But no, they just all of a sudden decided that it'd be fine to title their album retardedly. Stupids.
Matchbox Twenty is working on a new album. ******** yeah. I'm curious how that'll go. The last thing Rob Thomas did was... That song, "Smooth" he did with Santana. So it's about time he started working on music again.
If you wanna catch Stone Sour on TV, they're on Jimmy Kimmel this friday. Although it's a repeat... You can still see them perform their song, "Hesitate".
News of the day! We've all been anticipating new Foo Fighters Music, right? Well guess what they did today? They released their first single for the new album! It's called "Rope" and I gave it a listen and it's pretty cool. The song's intro has a neat delayed, off-beat guitar line that's pretty nifty. The song's on youtube so you can go listen whenever.
If you're into Crash Kings, I have a prediction: They're gonna have a song with ukelele on their next record. I was reading a post they made on Facebook and he said he's been playing quite a bit of ukelele recently. But the cooler part was that they posted a link too, it was described as, 'This guy is crazy!'. I looked at the link and went, '******** yeah!'. It was Jake Shimabukuro. I love this ukelele guy, and the Crash Kings got it right. This guy is a motha fuggin' boss at that 2 octave hunk of music.

Song of the Day - -

Died - Alice In Chains
A bit of a rarity from AiC. But don't think that since it never made a album it's not an awesome song. The first thing you'll notice about the song is that its guitar riff is pretty heavy and also pretty ******** awesome. The chorus implements melodic repeated phrasing by basically just saying, "Since You've, Died". This track is just ******** awesome and I would easily recommend it to anyone. It's got all sorts of qualities that just make it delicious!

- - Winter Update

Well, I dyed (Har har har) my hair blonde for my little avatar guy. Why? Because I mother ******** felt like it.
Oh, and I'm also still sick as s**t. It's even worse today actually. I spent a vast majority of my day in bed. I got up a few times though. First I woke up at 6ish and texted Emmy for a while, then I woke up again at 8ish. I maybe stayed up for... A hourish? And now I woke up at like 12:30 and I'll probably stay up unless a sudden mega pain strikes again. Although, I would try to keep sleeping, but I just can't fall back asleep, I've gotten like 14 hours of sleep since last night.

So this blows sack, it's probably gonna snow this week and i'm super ******** sick. No snow playing for me... Although, it'd be good anyway because I wouldn't technically be getting super far behind again. So... I hope it snows! ... Well, actually it's been snowing on and off today, it just hasn't stuck yet. So... I hope it snows! And sticks!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:08 pm
{Xing Lynx Hour}

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Wow, Hed PE is more political than I thought. They were on Facebook talking about the defence budget needing to be cut not the public employees. Which hell yeah I agree with. It's just that I never thought anything more of them except that they were a rap metal band that was kinda funky. Maybe I'm missing some secret political messages in their songs... Probably not.
If you were looking to catch an interview with AFI's Davey Havok, you're in luck. He will be appearing this friday on Fuse's show, Hoppus on Music. Not sure what he'll be talking about though, it's too soon to be talking about a new album, but it's too late to be talking about Crash Love. Which was horrible anyway. He might just talk about an upcoming tour or something.
Da ********? Slayer released a new shirt in their store which is cool and all, but they also released a skateboard deck? Why? Since when did metal bands make skateboard stuff? I guess there's nothing wrong with it, but it's still really ******** stupid. It just doesn't make sense why you'd do that.

Song of the Day - -

More Or Less - Screaming Trees
One of my favorite ST songs of all time, why you may ask? Well, because it has a great smooth sound. In a way... The guitar is dirty when there's chords playing but when the lead lines pop in it has this really torn up sound. It really shows how dirty Screaming Trees can be while having such a melodic song. The chorus's use gives the song a really cool effect because it's not really catchy, it sounds more like a pre-chorus that builds up and up but never has the explosive chorus, I think it's a cool effect that must have been a dangerous move that turned out for the better. I expect most people would like this song because it's got a lot of raw emotion in it, but if you aren't a grunge fan this isn't for you.

- - Winter Update

Well, I fell back asleep even though I said I probably wouldn't. Probably the best sleep I've gotten all day though, so I'm glad I decided to sleep.
A lot of people are saying it's supposed to snow here, if it does I'll be happy. Even if I can't play in it, it's nice to making an atmosphere. Wow, that didn't sound gay at all. What guys care about aesthetic pleasures?

I hate that I can't post my article every single day. I try yeah, but life get's in the way, often. I feel like I should be able to post every day, or at least every other day and every week or so have a double day. Like today was. But that's because I'm sick and I'll tell you, being sick's not fun. So I would rather not be sick every day just so I can write 2 articles in one day.
I also hate anime bands and the weeaboos who like them. I never really considered weeaboos people, but god damn, they're so annoying.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:28 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Let's start the night off light, with some mother ******** Five Finger Death Punch! This might not be the biggest news ever, but FFDP has got 5 drum tracks made so far for the new album. They said their some of Jeremy's (Drummer of FFDP) best sessions yet.
Wow. Bush posted something that really amazed me today on facebook. They posted the top 10 songs played at major sporting events for the 09-10 season and obviously, "We Will Rock You" by Queen took numero 1. The reason Bush posted it though was because Machinehead got number 10. Ha, yeah, they just barely made it. But in the article it came with it said it was hard to believe "Machinehead" beat Metallica's, "Enter Sandman" considering how many teams introduce themselves using it. I'm just suprised it was up there at all. I'm no avid watcher of any sport event. Hell, I didn't even watch the Super Bowl this year, but I never see that song played for sports. MAYBE once. Well anyway, I do have to commend Bush for always having interesting Facebook posts.
Hmm. I heard this kind of okay, awful, meh song today on Pandora. "Neu Smell" by Flux Of Pink Indians. First of all, ******** awesome name. Like really, bravo. Well, about the song though. It started off sounding pretty cool. It had some drum, it had some bass... And even when the guitar came in, it was pretty groovy. The guitar had some loud crunchy chords in their like in Radiohead's "Creep". You know, those scratches right before the chorus's? Anyway, the song starts to suck once the singer comes in because he sounds like a parody character from South Park trying to sound like a ******** retard. Or the guy from The Ramones. Either way, retarded.

Song of the Day - -

Deny - Default
"Deny" is a nice heavy post-grunge song. Like, this is the way post-grunge should be. Candlebox got this theory too. Well anyway, the song starts with a really cool soft intro while the verses seem like they're all actually pre-chorus parts, they use incredible stop-start crashes. They're used interestingly too, I almost wouldn't call them verses or pre-chorus's. and the chorus isn't specifically big, but it has some cool flow and it maintains the stop-start rythmic theme that the song has. It's a good song, I think anyone could easily enjoy it.

- - Winter Update

Sick. But at least I got to see Emmy today. And even though I'm sick, I had an okay day.

Well, all the snows gone. Which means I missed another day. It could've been worse though, I did only technically miss three days this week. I still might be mega ******** for this semester though. Because right now, I'm failing Geometry and Health. Which means ******** week is gonna be hell. No Emily, because she's going to California for a week to visit family. A lot of homework, because I missed so much school. And no days off next week. ********>  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:34 pm
-X-I-N-G- -L-Y-N-X- -H-O-U-R-

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

I know I already talked about Screaming Trees before, but I have to say I sfound another cool song! "Make My Mind". It's quite the opposite of "More or Less" because It's very chorus excaggerated. It has layered vocals in the chorus that give it a slight Beach Boys feeling and I kinda like the use of it. It's a song to look into if you liked "More or Less" anyway.
Just a little while ago, The Strokes released a video on Facebook of them working on making Angles, their next album. If you watch it, you can hear some of the bass lines for the album. But, it's not a whole lot of information to freak out about.
Today is the release of Beady Eye's first album, Different Gear, Still Speeding. Like I have said before though, it's gonna sound just like Oasis's normal stuff. That song, "Bring The Light" just sounds like Oasis and I strongly assume it all will. So, if you REALLY like Oasis, you'd get this. If not, you shouldn't give a s**t. Because I don't think they're anything special.
Kind of underground band, Abolitionist has announced that they're going to have a new LP out in June and they released the cover for it on their sight and Facebook. The title of it will be, It Used To Rain. Hope it's good.

Song of the Day - -

Hate This Place - The Goo Goo Dolls
This song has some cool classic rock infuences that make it really fun to listen to. It almost seems like this song was where The Goo Goo Dolls took on KISS. And the song's kinda funky at the same time, primarily because the chords used in the verses. The song definetly gains it's stregth through it's chorus though, which isn't particularly catchy, but it's melodic and flows very nicely as a whole. The song ends by faded out with an extended chorus with a neat little guitar riff playing over it. It's a good fade out, and that's usually where a lot of bands fail.

- - Winter Update

Tried to go to school today, but I coughed so ******** much my teacher and friends said I should probably go home. And I suppose I agree. I'm just tired of getting behind and feeling like s**t.

I'm done with the music forum. All it is, is people who feel their opinion's constantly right.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:44 pm
(X) (I) (N) (G) (L) (Y) (N) (X) (H) (O) (U) (R)

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

You can pre-order Saliva's new album, Under Your Skin, today on Saliva's official website. I haven't heard any samples from the new album but I expect they'll keep their same unique sound but maybe tone up the chorus boom a bit. I expect it to be good though, let's not have them turn into s**t, we don't need anymore s**t.
Some band called Ume has said they'll play at Dia De Los Toadies. Which, once again, is Toadies annual music festival. Also, The Sword will be playing at the event. They're... Not so great. Too into the fantasy metal thing. So far, I can't say that this Dia De Los Toadies is going to be a good one. If you were planning on going, expect everyone to suck except Toadies. And maybe whoever this Ume band is.
So today there was an online listening party for the new R.E.M. album, Collapse Into Now. I thought about participating, but I was busy listening to my own music. (Which at the Moment was "On A Plain" by Nirvana) But anyway, along with the listening party, they released a track from the album as the next single, It's called "Uberlin" and it's actually an acosutic track. This is the third song released off of Collapse Into Now so far and It's alright, but I still think I prefer "Mine Smell Like Honey".
Pre-Sales for the new Local H greatest hits album will be thursday if you use the password, "thehits". Also, I think the title for the hit album is All The Hits, All Night. This could just be a slogan used for it though, I'm not 100% certain. For the track listing, I'm not certain of anything again. But I expect to see, "All The Kids Are Right", "Hands On The Bible", and "Bound For The Floor" for sure, but I can expect many other tracks, primarily from Good As Dead. But we'll see what's on it when it's out.

Song of the Day - -

Heaven - Live
This song is very spiritual and overall amazing. As described by a friend, 'it's up-beat and that's perhaps it's best and worst part'. He means this because it's got a very up-beat attitude to the song and it's also got a strong message, but the cheerful tone to the song is a bit disclining because it doesn't give the song any emotional contrast. I think it's great though, especially the lyrics. Here's the chorus;
"I don't need no one to tell me about heaven
I look at my daughter, and I believe.
I don't need no proof when it comes to God and truth
I can see the sunset and I perceive"
I would understand if people were picky about this song for a lot of reasons. It does have a christian message kind of, and it's not heavy, and it's cheerful. So if you like metal metal a lot, not for you. If you're against christian music, not for you. If you like depressing music, not for you. Otherwise, you'll probably like the song.

- - Winter Update

I did my work for Zap! today. By the way, Zap! is the play I'm running sound for. Although, it's more exciting because I'm just starting work on it as of yesterday and we open as of tomorrow. So... Yeah.
I'm still sick, and it's horrible. I'm getting so ******** far behind.

Emily's leaving for California tomorrow, for a week. It's gonna suck. But I'm gonna try to occupy myself with working on Zap! and distracting myself with friends n' such. God, I'm gonna miss her.

**BOOKS~POEMS~WRITINGS~CENTRAL**

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff