Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
Mpreg Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mpreg
  :D
  D:
View Results

sweet_nikki2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:39 am
I love it. I don't really like when its Sirius/Harry or Snape/Harry. I love when its Harry/Draco and Harry/Ron. I also happen to love Hermione/Ginny.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:32 am
I love it! Cause the guy who is preggie acts like a woman!!! blaugh I read one where Harry had been pregnant with Draco's kid, oh my lord it was an amazing story. 3nodding

~The Elements Alchemist~

Limabeen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:41 pm
Mpreg creeps me out. It does. It would never happen (stuff that would never happen bothers me sweatdrop ) and plus it makes them no longer male. They're - like - girl-guys! *shiver* creeeeepy... if a gay couple in a fic wants to have a kid, they should ADOPT. Ok?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:28 am
Sorry to all you Mpreg fans out there, but Mpreg is probably the only slash-related anomaly that I just . . . can't . . . stomach. As soon as I see Mpreg in the summary, it turns me off from the story. There is no reason why a slash couple can't adopt a kid. Simple, problem solved.  

wonkyspoon

XULSIGIAE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:19 pm
External Penetration
Do you like mpreg? My friend is completely freaked out by it but I like it. I'll admit it took me a while to warm up to it, it freaked me out at first too. Though now I love it.
Some of my other friends agree that mpreg is cute, and the others are...well they don't like it.

So, do you like or dislike mpreg?
Did it make you go "gah o_o" at first?
Anything else you can get from this.

For me it wasn't so much that the idea of a male having a child is freaky or anything...it's just I don't like reading about it bacause for me it takes away the masculenity of the characters. To imagine proud and sexy Draco Malfoy as a pregnant male with all those pregnancy emotions and blah blah blah...to me that makes them too feminie. After all the reason I read Slash is to see Male/Male...when emmasculate our sexy men? It's not for me <3
~X  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:50 pm
Remus J. Lupin-Black
I imagine if there was magic to bring a person back to life, it's probably Blood Magic which is mostly likely under the category of Dark Magic, as with the potion/spell that brought good old Voldemort back. That was Blood Magic. Of course, so is the protection over Harry while he's at the Dursley's. Simple and effective Blood Magic. In Druid and Wiccan society (the actual old world societies not this new aged bullshit) Blood Magic was insanely powerful and very delicate.

Just a thought.

As for MPreg. No offense, but as a male, I will say this: the male body can not handle a pregnancy. Not only in there no womb in the body but the simple fact is, males haven't the correct hormones in order to care for the child properly. MPreg spells or whatever the ******** reason you have to torture us gay males don't make them males. It makes them women. I don't care if he still has his d**k at the end of it, getting pregnant and having a baby is for girls. 'Nuff said. Why do you think I respect women so much. They put up with a lot of s**t. Of course, try being a gay male for a week and we might have something to talk about...

I'm ranting. sweatdrop Sorry, I'll stop now.

I love this guy...I agree 100%  

XULSIGIAE

`[snapexc0re!]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:27 pm
We all know it's not possible. It's just fiction, which is what makes it funny. Snape as carrier, is the best. I only read those fics. He's just so much more funny with the whole Snape PLUS already exsistant moodiness and side effects. It's really funny.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:10 am
It's strange and often detracts fro the cuteness of the slash.  

Kiera Greyback

Tsuyami Dark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:08 am
i think mpreg is funny  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:33 am
I greatly hate Mpreg =/

For one thing, it's impossible.
Secondly it just kinda ...freaks me out sweatdrop  

omnimodus

Monkie Chese

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:55 am
Before, I didn't like the idea of Mpreg. But then I actually read a fic with it, and now I think it's one of the best things to happen since slash.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:53 pm
Personally, I think that it depends on the story. A mpreg story written by a fanastic author where the pregnancy just makes the plot that much better is obviously well-worth the read. Then again, I can't even stand slash that isn't at least somewhat well-written. Since it isn't canon [though it should be, and I'm still convinced would be if it wasn't so controversial] I like to have a reasonable explanation. If you can make me believe that it is possible for a male in the HP universe to carry and deliver a child, well then I will read your story. However, I don't want to read something completely sappy or ridiculous with barely anything qualifying as a plot. While I may be able to stand a few of those in just general slash, the mere thought of a mpreg written on such a low level makes me cringe. Something that unbelievable needs to be made believable.

By the way, whomever suggested that a story be written about the hardships of adoption, I agree with you. I think that adoption is a fantastic thing, and there are too many children in the world that deserve parents and don't have them. Personally, I think that Harry would be sympathetic to adoption. I believe that he would likely adopt the children of Voldemort's victims. I have read one or two stories like that and I loved them. I also read a time travel fiction where Harry, gay, went back in time and married a woman so that he would have children as was neccesary back then. After several years he was sent back [ignore whatever you may think about time-travel fictions because this one was fantastic, well-thought out and was in the Founders time, not MWPP] to current HP time [though he had aged] and he adopted a child, then it turned into a Snarry. Now, the child was made harry's through blood magic, but that is an entirely different story.

Another point, I just can't imagine Severus Snape as a hormonal man. I love his character as is and I would never want to...do such a horrible thing as making him pregnant. That is one of the few mpreg I simply can not read. Another fiction I read had Harry and Draco using a pair of lesbians to have their children. It worked out for both couples AND it wasn't unrealistic. Yet another had Hermione [I believe] using some sort of magic to do what 'muggles' can currently to. The freeze an egg and use the two fathers sperm [I don't remember this very well, but it is VERY similar to what can currently be done] to create a child. I believe that it was an empty egg and used the DNA of the two fathers.

Yet another point [I'm on a roll here, lol!] is that if Harry [or whoever] managed to get pregnant, they could not have a female child. The child would lack the chromosome to make it female since neither male would have it to pass on. That has always irritated me.

I think that's all I have to pass on in my little rant, though ^^;  

ashsmule9

Rusty Muffin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:18 pm
I don't like M-Preg. It's just...too unnatural for me, too strange. I've considered the idea, and tried reading a few fics with M-Preg in it to see if I warmed up to the idea. But...I just never took to it. I think maybe because I'm really into realism, and male pregnancy just...isn't real.

I don't read fics if they have M-Preg in it, and usually if M-Preg comes up in a story, I stop reading it. I just can't stand the idea. =/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:19 pm
yeah mpreg is ok sometimes but it very strongly depends on the fic. for instance the first mpreg i stumbled upon was zander by captain hero in a Drawn Together fanfic. to be brutally honest i squeed my brains out it was so cute. since zanders so feminine already, him in his little thong with a developing preggo belly just gives me the warm fuzzies.but other pairings with mpreg such as snarry fics just give me the willies. i think in some cases the appeal of mpreg is its impossibility, which i find hilarious. is it just me and my perverted mind that wonders how exactly the baby comes into the world? as far as i know guys only really have two holes in the nether areas and thats streaching it(ohhh bad pun rofl ). one would be like pushing a watermelon out through a straw and the other...well i definatly wouldnt want to go through life knowing that i had come from that particular orifice...'nuff said. but all and all mpreg really does depend on the fic.
ps HORRAY FOR a** BABIES...ITS THE MIRACLE OF LIFE...SORTA  

pooof_ur_gone

Kiera Greyback

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:29 pm
sweet_nikki2
I love it. I don't really like when its Sirius/Harry or Snape/Harry. I love when its Harry/Draco and Harry/Ron. I also happen to love Hermione/Ginny.

Same here, but I also like Remus/Sirius. They are so cute together heart but when the characters have such a weird age difference like that, it's best that they don't have children.  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff