Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Tamora Pierce Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

astrum202

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:41 pm
Wait she's writing a book about Maura? exclaim ! AWESOME! I mrgreen love all of her series but the Immortals quartet will always have a special place in my heart. Despite this my favorite charecter is Dove from TC and TQ. She is a charecter masterpeice.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:51 pm
i've read all her books and a lot of her short stories... she is one of my favorite authors... i can't wait til the next book in her new series comes out next year...  

soupyeh

The Vorpal Tom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:41 pm
All I ever read of hers was the Lioness Quartet, and I loved those.

I forgot the name of the female hero in there, (it's been years), but I just didn't want to read a story by Tamora pierce that didn't involve her.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:02 pm
The Lionness Quartet's main character is Alanna. She plays a semi-main role in part of Wild Magic, and she's mentioned some in the Trickster duology (since she's the main character's mother). And Kel, the main character in Protector of the Small, practically worships Alanna. <.< Just mentioning.  

NightIntent
Captain

astrum202

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:46 am
She is also one of the main friends of Daine the main charecter in the Immortals quartet  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:25 am
Well, now I know. Guess Tamora Pierce couldn't let her go either... Alanna, yeah... that was it.  

The Vorpal Tom

Mikiela

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:40 pm
g-ds above, i can't wait for elfhound  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:15 pm
I know! There's a whole year left until it comes out! I was expecting it to come out this spring, but noooo. We have to wait until November of next year.  

NightIntent
Captain

Gimpy53182

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:38 pm
I LOVE TAMORA PIERCE!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:09 pm
I wonder about the Numair book... that sounds cool. Numair has always been one of my favorites, though I don't know why.  

ckmidnight

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:07 pm
Maybe because Numair is awesome? I liked him best when he was first introduced. He was... less serious, more funny.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:38 pm
I never really liked the Daine/ Numair coupling. I don't know why though, probably because of the age difference.  

astrum202

Psychomech

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:45 pm
    I've never actually read a book by her, though I've tried. I was a bit bored by it, and I never really got into it. We got in a whole bunch of her books recently, so I guess I could really read them if I so desired. Would you suggest I do so?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:54 pm
Yes. Wild Magic is my personal favorite, but any of them are really good. If you want to start with the Circle universe, start with the Winding Circle quartet and not the Circle Opens quartet, though. the Tortall books, it really doesn't matter what order you go in, but there are some references to earlier series that, while they aren't really pivotal in the story line, are nice to know while you're reading.  

NightIntent
Captain

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:22 am
Agh! Bloodhound's release date was pushed back like a month. gonk  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers