a family memeber
33%
 33%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 45

Kimiyo-Chan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:11 pm
My first ska band was The English Beat. <3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:59 am
Dude, I think everyone's heard the song Superman. It was probably in reality my first Ska song but I had no idea what it was xp My first Ska song was 241 by Reel Big Fish. We were on our way to a scout trip and my friend Luke put it on in the car, and I was just blown the hell away and its been history ever since. I actually wrote a whole paper on it in 7th grade as my "Moment of Truth" paper... Still LOVE Reel Big Fish! After knowing what Ska actually was I started noticing it a lot more. Stuff like Bosstones, Goldfinger, Streetlight, and Sublime. After awhile I was thinking, "How did I not notice this before?" Great music, great style...  

MCS4evr0

The Leninator!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:51 am
I remember I heard some RBF song on the radio (don't remember which one exactly) and I thought it was cool and bought the cd but I just thought it was a cool sound so I listened to it for a while and went back to my old stuff. Then after a while I started listening to Catch 22 and got into ska, which is odd cause these days I'm not a huge fan of RBF or Catch 22.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:12 am
The first song for me was Superman. And the first band I was really into was the Planet Smashers.  

billymayssellsoxyclean

Carousel Core

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:19 pm
My first ska band was Big D and the Kids Table. I`m new to ska...and so last March or April I had started to get into the Warped Tour community and everyone was talking about ska and since they were one of the bands playing, I looked them up and was like, OMFG THIS MUSIC IS AWESOME!

I remember a couple years ago a friend played me something by Reel Big Fish and told me a bit about ska. And for some reason, I`ve known checkers where for ska for ages, maybe that guy told me? Don`t remember. One of those random bits of info I chose to remember. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:49 pm
I heard Goldfinger's "superman" on THPS1 and fell in love with that song (I was probably only like 7 or cool  

MONKIE LAD

Ub Omaet

6,550 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:56 pm
I'm from Mexico but the first ska band I knew about was Ska-P from spain but some of the people who says that they know about the topic says that Ska-P is ska punk... they are may be right... anyway I really like Ska-P (it's the best for me)

I also like "desorden público", "panteón rococo", "la maldita vecindad" "l0s fabulosos cadillacs" "los auténticos decadentes"...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:20 pm
Red-Baron
Operation ivy, ironic that they ended the year I was born

Yeah, same. Also same with the birth thing.  

Jcake

xApplexCorex

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:03 pm
I was first introduced to the Third wave Ska. No Doubt(?),Sublime,and Reel Big Fish. also The Specials and the song One Step Beyond by Madness.
I dont know which came first for me because I was kinda young but it was one of those bands.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:55 pm
I couldn't remember for the life of my the first ska song I listened to, and I mean really listened to... and now I do.

Save Ferris's cover of Come on Eileen!

It was so awesome that I looked into ska and bought a RBF CD and a LTJ CD and then it all snowballed from there.  

Black Dragon Disciple

Lethal_Injektion

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:31 pm
Big D mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:32 pm
Ub Omaet
I'm from Mexico but the first ska band I knew about was Ska-P from spain but some of the people who says that they know about the topic says that Ska-P is ska punk... they are may be right... anyway I really like Ska-P (it's the best for me)

I also like "desorden público", "panteón rococo", "la maldita vecindad" "l0s fabulosos cadillacs" "los auténticos decadentes"...

yay mexiska mrgreen
do you like Chencha Berrinches?  

Lethal_Injektion

Throwaway Style

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:39 am
I believe that my first and still favorite ska band is Hepcat. Such smooth soulful island sounds. Gets me every time. It's such a tragedy that their bass player died earlier this year. I hope that they can continue making the music that I love.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:29 pm
My first ska band was Reel Big Fish. I listened to Turn the Radio Off a lot back then. I'd have to say Our Live Album is Better than Your Live Album or Why do they Rock so Hard? are my favorites from them now.  

mibuwolfX

Turn the RADIO off

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:08 pm
User Image
User Image
My first megafavorite ska band was LTJ.
They're not my favorite now, but I still listen to them once in a while.

User Image

User Image
it's a modern look
but it's all about roots

Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items