Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 03. ✿ - - - Role Playing
Roleplay training course (First time roleplayers must see!!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Muffin of Magic

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:33 pm

Well, I feel like I barged into a very emotional reunion here. *eyes undi and lieutenant* Welcome back!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:28 am
The guide lacks a "Canon character portion".
Because srsly I've seen good rp's out of gaia which are consisted of nothing but actual canon characters from different fandoms and it didn't actually suck :L

And I'm willing to write about that if anyone's interested. I've been playing canon characters lately since I'm being too unoriginal with my oc's D;  

Nox Nyctores

6,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

SanuraDragon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:55 pm
Username:SanuraDragon
Character name:Iris Hyga
Personality:Shy, upset, afraid. Only talks to Gabriel and is quiet to others. People look down to her and treat her in a bad way.
History:Was childhood friends with Gabriel but is usually clumsy. She then felt scared because she feels that Gabriel doesn't care about her anymore.
Relationship:Gabriel Adreyev
Appearance:Blonde hair(usually tied), Blue eyes, and light skin.
Other:Zodiac- Virgo, Fav color-blue, Is the only child, Birthdate-September 20th.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:43 pm
Matron Mord Sith
Is it at all odd that I prefer to rp as a male character?

On that note.. It is not odd, I do that too and rp as a male in some RP's on Yahoo and MSN If you need more male characters I can make one. But the reason why I am posting is because I have question, and this seems to the perfect thread for it. Once someone does make a profile? Who or where do we send it? What if I already have a profile on a personal site..?  

Avion Yuki

Invisible Phantom

Zwitter-Ironic

Devoted Member

8,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:02 pm
Avion Yuki
Matron Mord Sith
Is it at all odd that I prefer to rp as a male character?

On that note.. It is not odd, I do that too and rp as a male in some RP's on Yahoo and MSN If you need more male characters I can make one. But the reason why I am posting is because I have question, and this seems to the perfect thread for it. Once someone does make a profile? Who or where do we send it? What if I already have a profile on a personal site..?

If you are joining an RP on this site chances are that you will have to send it to the creator or a mod if the creator is away, the exception being Walk-in RPs which are very different and I have no experience with them.

Anyways the creator will usually have a profile base that they want you to follow, you should always ask before using your own profile because often times the creators will want you to use their profiles.

Make sure you read the rules because oftentimes people will have a rule about what to title your PM or something special to put in there to prove you have read the rules.

On an unrelated note my advice for new RPers boils down to these things:

~Only join an RP if you're sure you are at that literacy level, because it sucks when you feel like an idiot for posting less than others. On the flipside of this nothing is more dull than RPing with people below your literacy level.

~A joint rule to the one above, please use proper grammar. In almost all RPs it says 'No txt speak' because it's obnoxious. Unless you're character is texting someone you shouldn't be using this form of grammar. Of course an exception is a character who is a texting fiend and has adopted the common abreviations into their language (not going to lie I am overly fond of saying lol ), however ONLY WHEN SPEAKING OR THINKING not for actions or other such things.

~People cannot read your mind! I am very guilty of this and I have to remind myself because I'm a writer so when I write I don't need to consult with anyone else about what is going to happen, when you RP it is good to talk with others in the RP.

~Make sure you read ALL of the posts, even if it's just skimming it can prevent embarrassing moments.

~An affront to your character is not an affront to you [guilty of feeling like this], also the way a person's character acts is not how they act[guilty of believing this]. I like playing absolute b*****ds but does that make me a bad person? No. If my character doesn't like yours does that mean I don't like you? No. I might be your buddy but I'm not in this RP as me, got it?

~Please RESEARCH! When I have characters with psychological problems I do a lot of research.

~STEP OUTSIDE YOUR COMFORT ZONE! I was very uncomfortable when I first played a guy character, however I do read a lot of books so I have some idea on how a guy thinks, but I got used to it.

~Most of all just get out there an do it! Practice will make you better I swear!

A good place to go to help you with characters is this site:
http://www.archetypewriting.com/articles/writing/memorableChars.htm
A good RP character isn't just an RP character. Some of my best RP characters are actually characters from my stories, side-characters I couldn't develop without taking the focus from the main conflict, or even characters that greatly affected my characters.

RP characters are things that you care about and nurture from the little pit in your mind where they pop up from like creatures crawling from primordial ooze until they are ready to interact and grow as you watch and direct their lives like gods ruling their every thought and action. Did I just accuse myself of having a god complex? Yes, yes I did.

Well hope that this can help someone. Have fun my fellow RPers! And good luck. PS Sorry for that mental image above about wearing a second skin.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:41 pm
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but...

Are we allowed to use pictures from places like Deviant art? That's one of my favorite sites to go look at digital art. It's also really the only one I know of...

I mean, when it says "Apperance" can we use a picture from there without permission? or do we have to ask permission?  

Lady_Whitetree

Newbie Noob

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200

Lady_Whitetree

Newbie Noob

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:02 pm
Username: Bloorigard2
Character name: Amy Snow
Personality:She is kind when she wants to be, and she usually wants to be, but when someone ticks her off - watch out! She is often serious.
History: Amy's father and mother died in a car crash. She moved out, unable to deal with the stress of staying in the building that was once their home. She currently is looking for a new home, while staying with her brother Mikey Snow. Both are un-married.
Relationship: None yet, but she is hopeful for sometime in her future.
Appearance:
User Image
Other: She is quite the cat person, and she loves the color blue. She hates the color gold, though, but likes the color of her hair, for some odd reason.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:56 pm
Bloorigard2
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but...

Are we allowed to use pictures from places like Deviant art? That's one of my favorite sites to go look at digital art. It's also really the only one I know of...

I mean, when it says "Apperance" can we use a picture from there without permission? or do we have to ask permission?

Well it would be polite to ask for permission, that is what I don't like about RPs that ask for pictures every time I get one I know that someone must have poured part of themselves into that picture. And as for whether or not you are allowed to, yes, yes you can use things from deviantart and tumblr and photobucket, but, please bear in mind that someone actually MADE that.  

Zwitter-Ironic

Devoted Member

8,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100

Kimmy_is_awesome

Sparkling Shounen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:33 pm
Some of this is really great advice, but to be fair some of this sounds really a**l retentive. No one cares about your character's blood type, and if they're meant to be pretty well, that's annoying.To be honest, once you actually enjoy what you're roleplaying you'll probably improve.

Also anyone ever heard of face claims? Instead of defaulting to the generic anime boy/girl photobucket pictures or possibly annoying the crap out of an artist for having the gall to ask them for their original art just go to Zerochan.net. Face claims are basically actual animanga characters or real life people that you use for your characters face. Just for general appearance, it helps develop more of the personality and biography.

But anyway that's just my two cents from wandering on and off of neo, gaia, and proboards.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:25 pm
Username: S2 Sherry
Character name: Sarah Wireman
Personality: sweet, funny, shy ( when facing lot of strangers), brave ( when one of her BFF is around ) forgive people easily.
History: her mom die by sickness when she was still age 5, her father die by world war II when she is age 11 . she live with her aunt and her husband from now on.
Relationship: at her school in her class, she like one of the boy name " david "
Appearance: (or looks like, or pic)
http://walldesktop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Anime-Girl-Ritmy-Angel-Kanade-HD-Wallpaper.jpg
Other: she love to read books, always alone at school, would love to make friends.

sooo, my first time... i don't even know how it goes... ._. '  

S2 Sherry

Koresephone

Winter Specter

22,900 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:00 pm
So there's something that I wanted to add here, just in case, and I see it a lot with newer role players, and sometimes myself.

Don't make the same character, but give it a different name.

Take some time to create different characters with different depths and different little things in their personality. Don't be that person who creates basically the same character all the time.

Also, learn from other people, and don't always be that person who tries to push the envelope ALL. THE. TIME. It's great to have your own ideas, but when you start getting in to larger rp groups and you try to throw out reality and imagination manipulating, things get ridiculous.

Also take some time to realize, if you're in an rp based on an anime or show, that things have been changed in order to make things fair to everyone in the rp. I'm a mod in some rp guilds and I see this all the time. "Well the anime does this" or "There's this in the anime so I can do this", and it's not like that.

03. ✿ - - - Role Playing

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff