Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Fashion Advice
What makes someone Emo Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:07 am
bassmule
Rellik San
bassmule
+[Bra Pirate]+
bassmule
+[Bra Pirate]+
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I disagree.
It's not just the music, though that does contribute.
But it's also how they dress.
Emo. pants are a sure sign.
I think it's their choice of music mixed with how they dress that makes someone emo. or not.

Guess what? ******** what you think biggrin Emo means Emotive Hardcore(see Hardcore Punk), not Emotional whiny teenage b***h who gets shoved into lockers at school.
First off, people have their different takes on what emo. means and stands for, thanks.
And second, this was an opinion, and I have the right to it.
So stick that in your juice box and suck it.
=D
Third, there aren't lockers at my school...
*shrugs*

Lalala genre's aren't opinions, they're fact. And the fact is Emo stands for Emotive Hardcore, it has nothing to do with how people act, swishy hair or tight jeans. So your opinion is completely pointless and has no meaning.
So's yours given no one not even bands that use hardcore or emo to describe themselves, can decide on what emotive hardcore is.

If they're describing their personalities then using Hardcore or Emo would be trite, if its their sound then its fine. When was the last time you ever heard a band openly call themselves Emo? Or correctly call their band Emo for that matter?
Funeral for a Friend, talking about their sound in a Metal Hammer interview. And yes, I am talking about bands describing their sound, not personalities.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:09 am
Balmung372
i felt like i was being made fun of when i heard the emo elmo song... i was like who in the world would write a song like this? but yeah, mostly about the music. I cry every time i hear some MCR songs. domokun heart domokun heart
I cry when I hear MCR too... mainly either tears of laughter at how gay they look, either that or tears of pain as I beg someone to make the torture stop.  

Rellik San
Captain

xdownwithxtheshipx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:04 pm
Rellik San
bassmule
Rellik San
bassmule
+[Bra Pirate]+
First off, people have their different takes on what emo. means and stands for, thanks.
And second, this was an opinion, and I have the right to it.
So stick that in your juice box and suck it.
=D
Third, there aren't lockers at my school...
*shrugs*

Lalala genre's aren't opinions, they're fact. And the fact is Emo stands for Emotive Hardcore, it has nothing to do with how people act, swishy hair or tight jeans. So your opinion is completely pointless and has no meaning.
So's yours given no one not even bands that use hardcore or emo to describe themselves, can decide on what emotive hardcore is.

If they're describing their personalities then using Hardcore or Emo would be trite, if its their sound then its fine. When was the last time you ever heard a band openly call themselves Emo? Or correctly call their band Emo for that matter?
Funeral for a Friend, talking about their sound in a Metal Hammer interview. And yes, I am talking about bands describing their sound, not personalities.

What were they describing their sound as Hardcore or Emo? Because either one is wrong.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:16 pm
Really,
Emo has multiple meanings.

It could be the way someone is acting,
the way someone looks,
or the genre of music.

contagious coma

xdownwithxtheshipx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:12 pm
Contagious Coma
Really,
Emo has multiple meanings.

It could be the way someone is acting,
the way someone looks
or the genre of music.

Now your statement is right.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:20 am
Being emo is really about who you REALLY are...I hate those ppl who come up to me and say OMG I CUT MYSELf!!!I MUST BE EMO> heart )  

Blue_Malady

+[Bra Pirate]+

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:51 am
Angel Cutter
Emo is emotional, so, basically, everyone is emo. some people just take it to the extreme
Yay!
Someone who shares the same opinion as I.
:]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:17 pm
i have no idea nemore!  

XBarbiexBeatdownX

Servio Memoria

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:49 pm
Golden_Wolfen
I think emo is not about music but about the lyrics in the music. 'Emo' kids dont just care about the style of music but the feeling behind the words and the meaning of it. Music that has no meaning isnt 'emo' its just punk or metal or rock or rap or whatever the heck you want to listen to. Well thats me anyways.

Agreed!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:01 pm
A genre of music, people.
Get it into your heads.
Music.
Genre.

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

Phimms

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:31 pm
Golden_Wolfen
I think emo is not about music but about the lyrics in the music. 'Emo' kids dont just care about the style of music but the feeling behind the words and the meaning of it. Music that has no meaning isnt 'emo' its just punk or metal or rock or rap or whatever the heck you want to listen to. Well thats me anyways.

Well, I listen to metal, rock, techno and everything else(exept for rap or jazz). Every song has meaning to it. I mean if you listen to Chic n' Stu you may think all they were talking about is pizza. o_o"
But, it is actually talking about the idea of consumerism and advertising. And I can go on some more, but I am lazy.

Well, anyway. Pretty much the music.
My mother says I go through withdrawal if I don't have my ipod.
oh well. *shrugs*

But if you saw some one listening to emo music, would you call them emo? Because pretty much every one says "it is all about the music." But I bet you there is something a little bit more to it then just the music.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:49 pm
I honestly think people should stop bitching about what "emo" means.

1. A music genre. Emotive Hardcore.
"Oh wait, that's the ONLY definition so I'm going to twist people's words to make them agree with me."
Too bad. It's life, as time goes on, things change.
Just like the word emo gets new definitions.

2. A commonly-used label/stereotype.
Honestly, people. Face it. Emo is ALSO a stereotype. A stereotype is something that people use to descibe other people based on looks, attitude, and such things.

3. Emotional.
In this case, EVERYONE is emo.

This is MY opinion.
Got a different one?
Good for you.

I'm hoping that made sense.
rofl

[ loud! ]

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:09 am
Phimms
Golden_Wolfen

Well, I listen to metal, rock, techno and everything else(exept for rap or jazz). Every song has meaning to it. I mean if you listen to Chic n' Stu you may think all they were talking about is pizza. o_o"
But, it is actually talking about the idea of consumerism and advertising. And I can go on some more, but I am lazy.

Well, anyway. Pretty much the music.
My mother says I go through withdrawal if I don't have my ipod.
oh well. *shrugs*

But if you saw some one listening to emo music, would you call them emo? Because pretty much every one says "it is all about the music." But I bet you there is something a little bit more to it then just the music.

No you wouldn't call the emo, because they are likely to rip your arm off and force feed it to, people that listen to emotive hardcore, then to ware whatever they feel like, its one of those who gives a crap genre's like punk used to be, before it got bogged down in the 'my Mohawk is bigger and more neon then your Mohawk' thing. It where a bunch of people that can't play or sing (much like death metal), scream, generally about whatever the popular big issue is this week and how it ******** them and their plans over. That an effective description?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:38 am
[ loud! ]

"Oh wait, that's the ONLY definition so I'm going to twist people's words to make them agree with me."

Honestly, people. Face it. Emo is ALSO a stereotype. A stereotype is something that people use to descibe other people based on looks, attitude, and such things.

3. Emotional.

This is MY opinion.
Got a different one?
Good for you.

rofl

Facts far outweigh opinions. The fact is Emo means Emotive Hardcore therefore all other opinions are unnecessary. The fact is it isn't a stereotype and it's definition hasn't changed, so you can keep spouting off your opinions all you want but you're only going to be wrong.  

xdownwithxtheshipx

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:04 am
[ loud! ]

3. Emotional.

This is MY opinion.
Got a different one?
Good for you.

rofl

I will forcibly insert the keyboard of anyone who applies number 3 into their asses.  
Fashion Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff