Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Vampires Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:16 pm
Nines19
redtearsblackwings
That is not what I said. I said that even though I have NOW given proof people are still going to try to proof me wrong.

But you, uh, haven't given us proof, Red.

I could sit here and tell you about my experiences with my deity, but that's not proof that He exists. There are other alternatives; for examples, I may have been interacting with a thoughtform, I may have been hallucinating, I may have taken medication of some kind and forgot and it may have caused what I experienced, I may have gone too long without proper nourishment, I may have been in an elevated emotional state, I may have been under the influence of a mind-altering substance, I may have gone too long without proper amounts of sleep, and so on. It is also possible for more than one of these to have been acting at one time, and the combination may account for what I experienced.

What would constitute as proof of having encountered and interacted with a deity?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:16 pm
I can believe the MRI, actually. It might have been for a combination of reasons, if it was brought up in a doctors appointment.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Nines19

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:26 pm
Sophist
Nines19
redtearsblackwings
That is not what I said. I said that even though I have NOW given proof people are still going to try to proof me wrong.

I could sit here and tell you about my experiences with my deity, but that's not proof that He exists. There are other alternatives; for examples, I may have been interacting with a thoughtform, I may have been hallucinating, I may have taken medication of some kind and forgot and it may have caused what I experienced, I may have gone too long without proper nourishment, I may have been in an elevated emotional state, I may have been under the influence of a mind-altering substance, I may have gone too long without proper amounts of sleep, and so on. It is also possible for more than one of these to have been acting at one time, and the combination may account for what I experienced.

What would constitute as proof of having encountered and interacted with a deity?

Personally, I don't think anything conceivable would be proof.
Being unfalsifiable, they kind of can't be proven (or disproven), and proof of an experience would be proof of that deity's existence, right?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:42 pm
Nines19
Sophist
Nines19
redtearsblackwings

Being unfalsifiable, they kind of can't be proven (or disproven), and proof of an experience would be proof of that deity's existence, right?

I completely agree. I may have misunderstood the argument going on in this thread, since I haven't read all of it, but it sounds like redtearsblackwings is under the mistaken impression that people are asking her for proof that she had an encounter. Unless there are people here that believe you can prove that vampires exist.  

Bastemhet

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:46 pm
Sophist
Nines19
Sophist
Nines19
redtearsblackwings

I completely agree. I may have misunderstood the argument going on in this thread, since I haven't read all of it, but it sounds like redtearsblackwings is under the mistaken impression that people are asking her for proof that she had an encounter. Unless there are people here that believe you can prove that vampires exist.

What in a vampire's nature makes it unfalsifiable?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:53 pm
Aino Ailill
Sophist
Nines19
Sophist
Nines19
redtearsblackwings

What in a vampire's nature makes it unfalsifiable?

I have no idea, I wasn't talking about my own ideas. I was merely speaking to the fact that there are many people here with different conceptions of what a vampire is, and whether they exist or not.  

Bastemhet

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:55 pm
TeaDidikai
Cyrus the Elder
Regardless, you have NOT been called delusional that I can see even ONCE, and it's amazing to me how you can't see this simple bloody fact, I mean, honestly, I'm starting to wonder if you are and that's what's causing you to cling to the belief that everyone's saying you bloody are. As for having a complex, to be completely blunt, your attitude, your actions, and your demeanor in the guild has weighed heavy evidence in favor of it, and as such there is plenty of factual basis to come to the conclusion.
I called her delusional once I was able to establish that her posts actually demonstrated such.

Ahh, my mistake. But by then the damage was done regardless, and I think her attitude does somewhat lean towards it to say the least. ninja

Quote:
redtearsblackwings
Where did I call anyone a slut?
You called me a slut here for challenging your ignorant position on what Wica is.

Aha, I knew I saw it somewhere.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:34 pm
Cyrus the Elder

Ahh, my mistake. But by then the damage was done regardless, and I think her attitude does somewhat lean towards it to say the least. ninja
I understand. Just wanted the record to be accurate.

Quote:
Aha, I knew I saw it somewhere.
Yeah... so apparently calling me a slut is okay, so long as I dare to question her position.  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:04 am
redtearsblackwings
I dont have a delusion or a complex, for you're smart a** information, I'm seeing both Psycollogest and Psycitrest. And NEITHER of them has said such a thing.
SO again SHUT THE ******** UP.

Ironically, the term "complex" is Jungian in origin, and I can't thing of a Medical School which would train a psychiatrist in Jungian theory, and the schools which would train a psychologist are few and far between. Cognitive behavioral theory is the current magic theory, likely because for a lot of basic problems like anxiety are handled reasonably quickly through basic Cog-B.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:47 am
TeaDidikai

redtearsblackwings
Where did I call anyone a slut?
You called me a slut here for challenging your ignorant position on what Wica is.

Oh wow. I was not aware challenging someone's position implied sexual promiscuity to a dangerous degree.

I'm terrified to think what that must mean for Boxy. o_o  

Recursive Paradox

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:58 am
Recursive Paradox
Everyone knows our beloved Boxy is a complete Man-Whore.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:45 pm
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox
Everyone knows our beloved Boxy is a complete Man-Whore.

XD  

Recursive Paradox

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:22 am
maenad nuri
I can believe the MRI, actually. It might have been for a combination of reasons, if it was brought up in a doctors appointment.

They're rather expensive over here.
Is that not the case in America, where you don't have public health care?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:36 am
CuAnnan
maenad nuri

They're rather expensive over here.
Is that not the case in America, where you don't have public health care?

Depends on your coverage. Ours are affordable....after our out of pocket deductible has been met. And our doctors order more of them too.  

maenad nuri
Captain

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:51 am
chaoticpuppet
redtearsblackwings
Naturally I went to the doctors with no sign of anything wrong in any blood tests or scans that I've had. Including two MRI's.

This isn't really directed at you, but I wonder if an EEG would be able to shed some light on such 'attacks'.
You bring up a good point Chaotic, an MRI would be completely the wrong kind of scan to run if we were actually looking for any kind of energetic issues, since all an MRI (or even a NMRI) does is scan the physical construction.

Red's suggestion that an MRI is useful in this case would have been a Red Herring, since there are numerous causes that would explain her symptoms that wouldn't be addressed by an MRI or any verity of blood tests.

Nor does her experience suggest that the individual who touched her would have had anything actually "wrong" with them.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff