Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Pagan name? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:40 pm
CuAnnan
RuisRaven
I have a magical name. It is my celtic zodiac which also happens to have my spirit animal listed with it, so my name basically reflects the Raven in both the zodiac term and Gaelic.

Mura thuigin tú cad 'tá scríbthe síos ann, conas a cheapann tú gur thiogfá thú mo chuid tuatha 's chuile rud a gabhann le.
I gach ndáiríre, ******** off
I'm beginning to actually understand some of this! heart  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:20 pm
Collowrath
CuAnnan

You just touched on one of my favorite things in the world. I love it when people switch languages on the fly. heart

Irish is great for invective, don't get me wrong, but '******** off' is a lot simpler to write than 'go bpléaschacth do chác thú'  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:43 pm
CuAnnan
Collowrath
CuAnnan

You just touched on one of my favorite things in the world. I love it when people switch languages on the fly. heart

Irish is great for invective, don't get me wrong, but '******** off' is a lot simpler to write than 'go bpléaschacth do chác thú'

This is one of those things where you could say this to Nuri's face and even if you're telling her to ******** Off she'd swoon. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:28 pm
User Image
---------------

Birth name is Kiera, most interwebs people call me Anne (it's one of my middle names).

My pagan name is Gyda North.

I like syplicity.

---------------

Zydrate comes in a little glass vial.
A little glass vial?

Questing Kanoko's Dark Reflection-[6k/600k]
I suck at questing -_-

Tequila Selai

River_Moonwolf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:32 pm
CuAnnan
Collowrath
CuAnnan

So's German. No one could cuss folks out quite like my Grandmother. Made me blush. Still can't understand a word of my Grandfather's Welsh, though.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:49 pm
In my family, if you made any of the Grandma's swear, you ran and hide, hoping the earth wasn't going to swallow you whole.  

TeaDidikai

Maze

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:57 pm
I used to know how to say 'may hedgehogs eat your cereal' in Irish. Though, considering the pronounciation rules and all, that should probably be 'I used to know how it was written and subsequently probably murdered it while trying to say what I saw when I said it.' XD

There's one or two words I know in Irish now, but that's.. about it. XD;

Like 'Erin go bragh!' but I only know that one because I read about Los Patricios recently after following a link about a belltower and a big gun thinger.

I think General Custer was involved with that one..  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:05 pm
Maze
Like 'Erin go bragh!' but I only know that one because I read about Los Patricios recently after following a link about a belltower and a big gun thinger.

I hate that one. It's a personal pet peeve.
It's "Éire go brách". Anything else is wrong.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Maze

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:12 pm
CuAnnan
Maze

So the recreation of Saint Patrick's Batallion's flag has misspelled Irish on it? That's.. kind of sad.. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:18 pm
Maze
CuAnnan
Maze

So the recreation of Saint Patrick's Batallion's flag has misspelled Irish on it? That's.. kind of sad.. sweatdrop

No, it's an anglicisation.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:23 pm
CuAnnan
Maze
CuAnnan
Maze

The roots of Colonization are deep and painful.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:35 pm
CuAnnan
Maze
CuAnnan
Maze

Oh, like that.

.. How is that better?  

Maze

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:36 pm
Maze
CuAnnan
Maze
CuAnnan
Maze

Oh, like that.

.. How is that better?

It's not.
I was trying to be accomodating.
I'm not very good at it.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:46 pm
CuAnnan
Maze
Oh, like that.

.. How is that better?

It's not.
I was trying to be accomodating.
I'm not very good at it.

If you're trying to be accommodating because I'm stupid, I'd rather you just tell me. It doesn't matter if you're coarse at me, since I trained my ego to default to 'x is having a bad day, so it's okay. It's probably not my fault.'

If you're trying to be accommodating because they're stupid, then it's okay either way, I guess.  

Maze

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:48 pm
Maze
If you're trying to be accommodating because I'm stupid, I'd rather you just tell me. It doesn't matter if you're coarse at me, since I trained my ego to default to 'x is having a bad day, so it's okay. It's probably not my fault.'

If you're trying to be accommodating because they're stupid, then it's okay either way, I guess.

Oh gods, no.
It's that they're ignorant (in the lack of knowledge sense).
It's uninformed non-wilful ignorance. I don't much care. It's a pet peeve.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff