Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
What do I do with the food I give to spirits? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zercia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:31 pm
CuAnnan
Zercia, the spirits and Otherlings of the traditions of the world are not yours or your friends to co-opt. I recommend that unless you actually know what you're talking about when it comes to ethnicities which are closed to outsiders that you refrain from using their terms.

She said they were just spirts that hung around the house she was more into it them me. I am sorry if it upset you I didn't even know they were Celtic. Maybe this guild is not for me I thought it was about learning if I am wrong it would be nice to be told.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:33 pm
TeaDidikai
Could have been an air circulation problem.

For the blankets- she could be pulling your leg. Did you ever see the things move on their own?

I trusted her did not question her. She was not one to believe in stuff like this very closed minded.  

Zercia

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:34 pm
Zercia
Maybe this guild is not for me I thought it was about learning if I am wrong it would be nice to be told.
It kinda looks like you are having a discussion that can point out where you're information is flawed and why.

Is there a reason this isn't acceptable?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:35 pm
Zercia
TeaDidikai
Could have been an air circulation problem.

For the blankets- she could be pulling your leg. Did you ever see the things move on their own?

I trusted her did not question her. She was not one to believe in stuff like this very closed minded.
She lived alone? And it wasn't possible that animals or other folks could have done it- or that she could have moved them at one point or she could just be pulling your leg?  

TeaDidikai

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:36 pm
Zercia
CuAnnan
Zercia, the spirits and Otherlings of the traditions of the world are not yours or your friends to co-opt. I recommend that unless you actually know what you're talking about when it comes to ethnicities which are closed to outsiders that you refrain from using their terms.

She said they were just spirts that hung around the house she was more into it them me. I am sorry if it upset you I didn't even know they were Celtic. Maybe this guild is not for me I thought it was about learning if I am wrong it would be nice to be told.
Well, you are learning, yes? While we don't tend to sugar coat things here, we are here to educate. If you want to learn, this is totally the right place to be, I think though that you may not understand what "Celtic" means, or what "culture rape/entitlement" means, or what falls under those things. I suggest reading the thread on culture and entitlement that is within this guild here.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:41 pm
Zercia
She said they were just spirts that hung around the house she was more into it them me.

Believing everything you're told is dangerous. Now is the time for you to stop that.

Zercia
I am sorry if it upset you I didn't even know they were Celtic.

I was merely correcting your usage of the term and asking you to refrain from using terms from closed cultures in future.
I am not emotionally invested at all.

Zercia
Maybe this guild is not for me I thought it was about learning if I am wrong it would be nice to be told.

Why do you think learning should be easy?
If you're looking for a guild to tell you how awesome and unique and special you are for being pagan, then by the hells, you're in the wrong guild.
If you're looking for a guild to help you with adopting a scholastic and intellectually honest approach to paganism using sources and verifying UPG then you're in the right place.
The right way is hard.
Make your choice now, because I'm getting tired of these long drawn out arguments.

Are you going to be honest with yourself no matter how much it sucks or would you prefer the easy path.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Zercia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:46 pm
Gho the Girl

Well, you are learning, yes? While we don't tend to sugar coat things here, we are here to educate. If you want to learn, this is totally the right place to be, I think though that you may not understand what "Celtic" means, or what "culture rape/entitlement" means, or what falls under those things. I suggest reading the thread on culture and entitlement that is within this guild here.

I do want to learn but feel attacked. I have not read or looked into Celtic stuff the most I have seen is in movies. I really cannot say anything about it but the Mist of Alavon was a good movies. Ok I been to a few rituals over the years that were Celtic I only just touched it that is all. I felt that you jump down on me instead of saying I was wrong in thinking. I was told wrong.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:52 pm
CuAnnan
Zercia
She said they were just spirts that hung around the house she was more into it them me.

Believing everything you're told is dangerous. Now is the time for you to stop that.

Zercia

I was merely correcting your usage of the term and asking you to refrain from using terms from closed cultures in future.

Zercia

If you're looking for a guild to tell you how awesome and unique and special you are for being pagan, then by the hells, you're in the wrong guild.
If you're looking for a guild to help you with adopting a scholastic and intellectually honest approach to paganism using sources and verifying UPG then you're in the right place.
The right way is hard.
Make your choice now, because I'm getting tired of these long drawn out arguments.

Are you going to be honest with yourself no matter how much it sucks or would you prefer the easy path.

I was not looking for someone to say I am special no I wanted real information. I am willing to learn and TeaDidikai has not once made me feel bad. She has been nice and has given information. I been looking up stuff as I talk with her. I do know it is not easy not at all I not foolish enough to believe that. You could of pointed out I made a mistake not totally blast me.  

Zercia

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:52 pm
Zercia
I do want to learn but feel attacked.
Why's that?

Quote:
I felt that you jump down on me instead of saying I was wrong in thinking. I was told wrong.

I'm not sure how you're coming to this conclusion. I've questioned your conclusions and assumptions, but I haven't passed any comment on you as an individual. confused  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:55 pm
Zercia
CuAnnan
Zercia

Zercia

Zercia

The right way is hard.

I was not looking for someone to say I am special no I wanted real information. I am willing to learn and TeaDidikai has not once made me feel bad. She has been nice and has given information. I been looking up stuff as I talk with her. I do know it is not easy not at all I not foolish enough to believe that. You could of pointed out I made a mistake not totally blast me.
Cu is habitually direct. He's also the local expert in the traditions of the Gael.

Some of your comments were rather vague, and his response may have seemed harsh, but it might help if you know what to look for.

When someone is attacking you in the guild, they'll do it by calling you names. The best way to respond to this is to PM one of the guild Crew members or Nuri, the captain.

Anything else isn't a personal attack. At best- it's attacking an idea, but more commonly it's merely a direct comment on the position at hand.  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:03 pm
Zercia

I am not responsible for your feelings.
I have not been indelicate with you. All I have done is tell you you were incorrect in your usage of labels and that learning is hard.
Now I get this victim complex?

Zercia
I really cannot say anything about it but the Mist of Alavon was a good movies.

Firstly, Mist of Avalon was a terrible movie.
Seconldy, it is fantasy and not a reflection of the Celtic World view. You know those people who say "you believe in magic, like lord of the rings".... you, you're that person.

Zercia
Ok I been to a few rituals over the years that were Celtic I only just touched it that is all.

The chances are you haven't and that you were lied to.
But if you want to verify it against the checklist:

• Was a circle called to contain the ritual
  • Was the ritual performed by a member of one of the Celtic peoples
  • Were the Gods evoked members of the pantheon of the Gaels
  • Did a person invoke one of the Gods

If you answered yes to questions 1 and 3 or no to questions 2 and 4, then the ritual was definitely not Celtic.

Zercia
I felt that you jump down on me instead of saying I was wrong in thinking.

You felt wrong.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:05 pm
Zercia
Gho the Girl

If it helps, take a deep breathe, maybe leave the comp for a few seconds, have some tea or a sandwich. We're not here to attack you, so part of aiding communication would be for you to remain calm as much as possible. A quiet mind is more receptive I hear.
Quote:
I have not read or looked into Celtic stuff the most I have seen is in movies. I really cannot say anything about it but the Mist of Alavon was a good movies. Ok I been to a few rituals over the years that were Celtic I only just touched it that is all.
Well, considering that the Celt culture is closed, you probably weren't actually participating in a Celtic ceremony. Someone probably lied to you or at the very least misappropriated Celtic culture. This isn't to say you're a bad person, you probably just didn't know better. Let this be a lesson that not everyone will be honest with you, or right.
Quote:
I felt that you jump down on me instead of saying I was wrong in thinking.
I thought all we were doing was saying you were wrong in thinking. Might it have been the number of us chiming in that gave you that impression? If so, I apologise.
Quote:
I was told wrong.
Yes, yes you were told wrong, somebody somewhere along the way lied to you, and it's a good step in the right direction that you're starting to become aware of that. We're not saying you're a bad person, merely one who has been misled.  

Gho the Girl

Zercia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:06 pm
TeaDidikai
Cu is habitually direct. He's also the local expert in the traditions of the Gael.

Some of your comments were rather vague, and his response may have seemed harsh, but it might help if you know what to look for.

When someone is attacking you in the guild, they'll do it by calling you names. The best way to respond to this is to PM one of the guild Crew members or Nuri, the captain.

Anything else isn't a personal attack. At best- it's attacking an idea, but more commonly it's merely a direct comment on the position at hand.

I know I don't know much and I never said I did. You have been nice and helped me to understand I was using the wrong term. From Cu it was more like if you don't know anything don't talk. I was here to find information see if what I knew was right or wrong. TeaDidkai you have gotten me looking into information. You also clear up some thoughts I one had to be wrong that I am thankful.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:07 pm
Gho the Girl
have some tea
gonk I am not loose!  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:12 pm
Zercia
I know I don't know much and I never said I did. You have been nice and helped me to understand I was using the wrong term. From Cu it was more like if you don't know anything don't talk. I was here to find information see if what I knew was right or wrong. TeaDidkai you have gotten me looking into information. You also clear up some thoughts I one had to be wrong that I am thankful.
sweatdrop Welcome.

I think things would go over better with Cu if instead of making statements... you asked questions.

Perhaps something like "I experienced XYZ. Is this accurate? Where are the errors?"

That way it reads as someone searching for information, rather than someone who thinks they know all about it yet has been misinformed.

But really- your best bet is to just not take it personal. If he says "You're wrong." He's not saying "You're bad."

Make sense?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces