Submit

Priestley

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:59 pm
I'm glad someone got there first.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:00 pm
zz1000zz
Kazydi
zz1000zz
I would say it is "wrong" because a human embryo cannot develop inside a dog.

But by making this statement, you have acknowledged that the embryo is in fact human.

Obviously the embryo is human in origin. This does not make it a human.
Human in origin, but not human? I truly don't understand that.  

Kazydi

Priestley

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Kazydi
zz1000zz
Kazydi
zz1000zz

But by making this statement, you have acknowledged that the embryo is in fact human.

It is as human in its DNA as a red blood cell is human in its DNA.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:49 pm
Questions that I have:

1) If it isnt human than what is it?
2 )Exactly when does it become human, and therefore subjected to murder?  

Marek James

Priestley

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:54 pm
Marek James
1) If it isnt human than what is it?

It is human. It is not a human.

Marek James
2)Exactly when does it become human, and therefore subjected to murder?

When it is born.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:30 am
So as long as you "n** it in the bud" it's okay? It almost seems like, "Quick! Do it now, before I get attached to it, and start feeling guilty about it!!"
But hey, that's just me.  

Kazydi

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:14 am
Kazydi
zz1000zz
Kazydi
zz1000zz

A tumor can have human DNA, and it can be considered "human" in nature. This issue is in no way is relevant to the topic.

Kazydi
So as long as you "n** it in the bud" it's okay? It almost seems like, "Quick! Do it now, before I get attached to it, and start feeling guilty about it!!"
But hey, that's just me.

You are free to misrepresent or misunderstand anything you wish. However, you should expect to be corrected. In this case, Marek James asked when a fetus becomes a human. Priestly gave the answer given by the definition of the terms.

Stating you disagree without offering justification for your disagreement will usually result in poor conversations.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:47 pm
So... when does GOD consider this little organism growing inside of a woman to be a baby? When it's born? When it's concieved? When the soul enters? I mean, obviously we can't know the answers to these questions, but I very much doubt that he likes us killing something he gave us to care for. The Bible doesn't say much on the subject, but what does the Spirit tell you if you listen? Is too much of our head clouding our hearts?  

Xandris

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:26 pm
Xandris
So... when does GOD consider this little organism growing inside of a woman to be a baby? When it's born? When it's concieved? When the soul enters? I mean, obviously we can't know the answers to these questions, but I very much doubt that he likes us killing something he gave us to care for. The Bible doesn't say much on the subject, but what does the Spirit tell you if you listen? Is too much of our head clouding our hearts?

How can you doubt he likes us killing something he gave us to care for? The Old Testament had ritual sacrifice of animals as part of worshiping him. Perhaps it was just bad wording on your part, but this seems to be a silly line of argument.

Currently there is no way to know when the organism becomes a "human." We know it is a human once it is born. Beyond that, we cannot say with certainty. However, if something is a sin in God's eyes, he would say so. Since nothing says abortions are a sin, we must assume they are not.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:50 pm
zz1000zz
Since nothing says abortions are a sin, we must assume they are not.

There weren't exactly a whole lot of them going on in Biblical days either. The more children the better. Where was the opportunity for this to even come up?  

Xandris

Priestley

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:05 pm
Xandris
zz1000zz

There weren't exactly a whole lot of them going on in Biblical days either. The more children the better. Where was the opportunity for this to even come up?

The Bible isn't a medical journal. The Bible accounts only for miscarriage with regard to the law, so it's not like the concept of stillbirth was foreign to the Jews.

As for abortion, though, I highly doubt medical science was advanced enough to know the intricacies of the womb and childbirth, let alone able to fully examine the ethics behind such a procedure. Since the Bible says nothing, God's will is open to speculation.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:39 pm
While one can try to guess what God may have said if the Bible was written with the modern medical system in place, there is no way to use that guess to call something a sin. God would not "punish" people for doing things he never told them not to do.

Incidentally, abortions have been around for a long time. References to it can be found from thousands of years ago. The people living in the times of the Bible would have been capable of performing abortions.

P.S. Some people I have talked to have tried to say abortion is "wrong" even if it is not a sin. I normally use the two interchangeably when discussing religious rules. I apologize if this causes any confusion.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Galad Aglaron

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:51 pm
Priestley
Xandris
zz1000zz

The Bible isn't a medical journal. The Bible accounts only for miscarriage with regard to the law, so it's not like the concept of stillbirth was foreign to the Jews.

As for abortion, though, I highly doubt medical science was advanced enough to know the intricacies of the womb and childbirth, let alone able to fully examine the ethics behind such a procedure. Since the Bible says nothing, God's will is open to speculation.

How does it go? "Justice is my Father's prerogative. The rest of us can only do what we think is right."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:46 pm
Galad Damodred
Priestley
Xandris
zz1000zz

How does it go? "Justice is my Father's prerogative. The rest of us can only do what we think is right."

I wouldn't know what 'it' was.  

Priestley

Galad Aglaron

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:17 pm
Priestley
Galad Damodred
Priestley
Xandris
zz1000zz

I wouldn't know what 'it' was.

Michael Demiurgos to the archangel Gabriel in Mike Carey's Lucifer comic series.  
Thread Archive {Hot topics}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff