Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Legion of Helpers
Main Board Chat Thread {Chatter Box} Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Repressed Memories

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:03 pm
Well after staring at your name for awhile, it rings a distant bell. But unless you RPed we probably didn't exchange posts much, haha.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:22 pm
nope didnt rp couldnt find anything my style...  

Blind Hodd
Crew

Aekea Champion

Repressed Memories

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:25 pm
Tee-hee nothing wrong with that. Hmm...speaking of RPs...I'mma see what ones I can join/should make.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:30 pm
if you can start one up thats more than high school romance. one that also shuns power gaming.  

Blind Hodd
Crew

Aekea Champion

Repressed Memories

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:36 pm
Forgive me, but I'm rusty. Power gaming...as in...give me a second...holy crap I'm drawing a blank o.o  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:22 pm
Power Gaming more often called Power Playing in my experience. Is when someone put quite a bit of emphasis. On the power of the players. More violent Role-plays often can be classified as Power Playing Role-plays.

Oh yeah, how have you been Repressed Memories?  

LanceCalvis
Crew

Repressed Memories

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:25 pm
Ah, okay. Why thank you Lance. And I've been pretty good. Grown bored of my games hehe, so I'mma try and return back to Gaia. See if I can help revive the RP sub-forum and such.

What've you been up to?

P.S. 'Tis my bed time, so I shall talk to you more tomorrow. Nighty-night!
Edit: Sorry for giving just one reply then leaving as well, was just checking forums one last time before I left and saw you respond, so figured I'd reply back. <3  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:31 pm
I've been basically doing the same thing as I normally do. A bit of Role-Playing here and there. Usually as the most experienced one in the Role-play. A bit of Gaming, Console Gaming, Web Rpg's and MMorpg's (Massively Multi-player Role-playing Games). I have no clue what he o stands for. You probably know what MMorpg's stands for being a gamer and all. But most aren't familiar with that abbreviation so I sort of gained the habit of explaining it.

Anyway, what games were you playing in your absence from Gaia?  

LanceCalvis
Crew

Repressed Memories

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:45 pm
Mainly WoW hehe. And also just going online and searching up random MMOs to play. But the 'O' stands for Online. Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Games. Dunno why it has the 'O' seeing as how the MM kinda hints towards it being online, but oh well haha.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:58 am
If you are looking for some good online Rpg's. I recommend trying out Shaiya at Aeriagames.com. There are several interesting games at that sight. Shaiya, oddly enough is geared toward Player versus Player. There are only a few zones were Player versus Player occurs. So, if you are like me and just want to enjoy Player versus Environment. This game will still be entertaining for you. If the type of Mmorpg that this game is doesn't suit you. You could always try out one of the other Mmorpg's that were made by that gaming company.

I personally hate WoW. Because of the horrid customer service I've seen in all of Blizzards other games.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

Repressed Memories

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:04 pm
Lol. Yeah, it's customer service is lacking a little, but they still make some good games. So what have you been up to lately?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:51 am
With the bulk of my free time. I've been playing Dragon Age Origins and logging in online. Been trying to develop a strategy. That allows me to play threw the entire game on Nightmare Mode with a Rogue from beginning to end. Without using any of the cheats in the game.

So far, the best result went like this.

Specializations trained for the main character:

Combat Training
Poison Making (focusing mainly on bomb type Area of Effect type poisons).
Herbalism

Skills needed:

Pick locks (or whatever that one skill is that makes it easier for you to open locked chests).
Skill points mainly focused on your Rogue skills.
Secondary points spent on your Dual Wielding skill tree.

I can't seem to find a good balance. Between a build that uses Cunning and one that doesn't. I get the best results with the statistics Strength, Dexterity and Endurance.

Repressed Memories, did you know. That your post count is still competitive in this guild? Since you left, there have only been a few people that have passed you up. In the two years you've been gone.

You are currently in 10th place. In terms of the highest post count of all time in this guild.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

Repressed Memories

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:35 pm
Heh, wow...seems this guild has somewhat declined in activity during my absence, hasn't it. And I've also been playing Dragon Age as a Spirit Healer Mage. Haven't beaten it yet because I have a short attention span, but it's still a fun game.

But for Rogues, isn't Cunning mainly used for their Lockpicking skill? I haven't played one past the Origin story, so I don't know much about them.

Late Add-in: Do you know where Stratus is? She hasn't responded to my private message I sent her >.<  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:10 pm
Well, I've been getting into the more advanced character builds. For a rogue levels 1-7. Higher cunning makes it easier to persuade people. Gives a higher Armor Penetration. Increases your skills in Picking Locks on doors and chests. I think I might affect Critical I'm not sure.

But after you hit level 8. There is a skill that allows you. To use your Cunning Score as your main statistic for damage. If your Cunning score exceeds that of your Strength.

There is only one case I've found that falls into this categorize. I won't give anything away plot wise. But, there are cases in the game. Where being a Master of Coercion is not enough to persuade someone to see things your way. There actually are cases. Where you need to be a Master of Coercion plus have a pretty decent Cunning Level. I'm guessing you can pass these requirements with Insane Cunning alone and no Coercion skill. But, I had Master Coercion and 22 Cunning. So, the requirement is obviously higher than this. What I'm saying, is choosing the option Persuade. Will not always make the person you are speaking to agree with you.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

Repressed Memories

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:02 pm
Heh, yeah. There are two quests on my Mage in Orzammar I can't do because you have to persuade certain guys...but oh well.

I think Stratus is dodging me though =P She'll get on and I'll say hi...but no response lol.  
Legion of Helpers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff