Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
Eyes of the Ocean Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shiva_Goddess

12,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:55 pm
Shiva laughed a bit when he made that face, but she stayed there watching him get it. She looked around the place, it was nice. Quiet and calming to her. Not many humans around, and that made her feel safer there.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:01 am
William brought back the drink for Shiva, he placed it gently on the table in front of her. "I think you will like this. It is really sweet."

He sat back down and took another sip of his drink, looking over the mug to her and smiling.  

Autodidactic

Shiva_Goddess

12,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:10 am
Shiva picked up her mug and then took a few sips. She smiled and nodded, "You are right, it is better. It tastes sweet, almost like Mother's kelp bread, only in liquid form."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:29 pm
"That sounds...good?" William said, chuckling.

The ambiance of the cafe was very relaxing. The radio was playing softly, and it was mostly covered over by the sounds of quiet conversation and the cappuccino machine.

"I usually come here to write. I like to think of myself as a novelist, but mostly I sell my soul for freelance journalism reports."  

Autodidactic

Shiva_Goddess

12,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:38 pm
Shiva nodded looking at him, "So, what kind of things do you like to write about?" she was more relaxed in this place and she sipped at her coffee. She continued to watch him as she spoke, she really was interested in what he spoke about. She was even beginning to think about showing him her tail, somehow.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:53 pm
"Well, my favorite ting to write is historical fiction. I think it is so amazing to be able to escape to a different time. I really like writing about the regency time period or victorian England. Back when men were men, you know? Things were a lot simpler back then which left more room for human interaction and emotion, I think."  

Autodidactic

Shiva_Goddess

12,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:41 pm
Shiva nodded smiling at him, "I could probably help you out if you want. I have lived for a long time and could probably tell you certain things," she blushed a bit, "I was even around during the first ice age," she took a few more sips of her coffee  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:27 pm
"No freaking way!" William said loudly. He realized with some embarrassment that he had elicited the attention of most everyone on the cafe due to his outburst and continued in a much quieter voice, "How long do people of your species live, on average?"  

Autodidactic

Shiva_Goddess

12,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:33 pm
Shiva blushed deeply, "Well...if nothing kills us, we'll live for a long time. We decide when our time to die is. If any merperson feels that they have done all they needed to do in their life and do not have the strength to do anything else, they take their Soul Jewel and shatter it. Once a Soul Jewel is shattered, the person has only a few moments left of life. They use it to bury their jewel and when it is done, their body just turns to light."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:50 pm
"That sounds...beautiful." William said, taking a sip of his coffee, which was now cooled to a reasonable temperature. He couldn't imagine death being so benign and seemingly painless. No messy bodies to clean up, no hospital death beds, no black body bags, just light.

He suddenly found himself imagining, for the first time, what life would really be like 'down there.' He figured the tail would take some getting used to, but for the most part it seemed almost like a utopia, a land frozen in the peaceful time before machines and cubicle jobs. He wished furiously that he could have been born there instead, and then his face grew hot with anger at his fellow land-bound humans for ruining something so wonderful.  

Autodidactic

Shiva_Goddess

12,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:55 pm
Shiva blushed a bit then looked at him, "And there is another quality of the Soul Jewel too. It can be used for bonding as well. It is a rare occurance for a merperson to do this too. If a mermaid and a merman really love each other and want to stay together, they exchange Soul Jewels, well half of their original jewel. It's very powerful, but love rarely happens, except family love."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:41 pm
William's heart sunk a little at this statement. How could love 'not happen often?' The person sitting in front of him was a brilliant beauty whose charms could bind any man she chose. He did not think so little of mermen to imagine that they did not appreciate Shiva as he did.

"That's very romantic, but why doesn't it happen more often?" He asked.  

Autodidactic

Shiva_Goddess

12,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:06 pm
Shiva just shrugged, "It is just the way it is. Arranged marriages are the most common so we do not stray too far from our jobs. My parents fell in love, and I long to have what they had. In arranged marriages, all they have to do is tolerate each other. The Elders of Coralia choose our intends. And forgive my language, but mine is a total blowfish. I begged for them to pick someone else, but it never happened," she looked at him, "And no, I'm not married, it was around that time the pollution started and my intended was one of the first to catch it. I don't like being glad for someone's death, but I did feel some relief. I just want to find love and share my Soul Jewel. My parents supported that and my sisters were all for it. My brothers told me that they had to approve of my choice before we married. Actually..." she blushed a bit looking at him, "in truth, you were my first kiss."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:25 pm
William smiled over his mug. He had always wanted to be someone's first kiss, a silly little fantasy of his. "Arranged marriages used to be common up here too but they went out of style, I think there are some cultures that still do it though. I think it's barbaric. There is no surer way of having a miserable life than being forced to marry someone who you are not compatible with. I know it's not good to be glad of someone's death too, but I am glad you got out of it." William emptied the rest of his drink into his mouth and put his mug down on the table, then reached across the table and took Shiva's hand. "It sounds stupid, but I am sure glad I met you."

William tried to pass this last statement off as a casual thing, but he meant it deeply. He had been, for the last several weeks, simply sitting in his house watching re-runs of the sitcoms that he used to watch with his mom and dad. He had withdrawn from his already languishing social life for reasons that he could not explain except that he felt very tired. He would spend days at a time just sleeping, wishing he wouldn't have to wake up. It seemed silly to him now, he had no reason to be depressed, well, no more reason than anyone else, but at the time his lethargy was all-encompassing. When he looked at Shiva he felt genuinely thankful for her, she had reminded him, in her simple yet energizing way, that life is supposed to be fun.

My god. He thought I only just met her. I am setting myself up to be hurt.

He pushed the thought from his mind. He didn't want to ruin this day, he could regret falling so easily another day.  

Autodidactic

Shiva_Goddess

12,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:31 pm
Shiva just smiled at him and closed her hand over his, "I am glad I met you too. I like getting to know you and your world, you are a really great guy. In all my years of being alive, I have never met anyone like you William," she blushed a bit tucking a strand of hair behind her ear and she looked at him, "Please don't be mad at me for this, but I have to know what this feels like even I'm conscious," she leaned over closing her eyes and she softly kissed him on the lips.  
03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff