Reply Announcements
~Introductions~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vaporeae

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:10 am
Um, hi ^-^. I just was looking around and this place looked nice. Plus it would be helpful to get opinions from another group of people other than on my other guild (though I've already recognised someone ;D). Sorry, I'm very shy when it comes to meeting new people and such, but once I get to know people I get quite a bit hyper. So then you might be quite scared, but oh well. Mum says I'm wierd but I say I'm eccentric ;D. I also tend to say sorry very often, normally when I start rambling. Oh, I'm very good at rambling. If you want to live, don't get onto the topic of my novels. Or you will most likely be bored to death; I could talk about plots and characters and evil plot twists all day. So, you'd besmart not to mention them unless I'm asking for help. Which I'll probably be doing a lot of ^-^;;.

Well the only personal information you'll get out of me is that I'm in my early teens. Since I'll never give out my real name, just call me Vapor or Vapz. Which ever you prefer. Because nobody can ever spell or pronounce Vaporeae (not that I'd know if someone was pronouncing it wrong). I'm rather cautious on the internet. And very overprotective of my work. I've already shared way too much of 'One Star' already. And yes, 'One Star' is one of my three novels. And the first, though I haven't finished any of them yet. If anyone fancies helping me choose which one to write, then feel free. I desperately need to decide on one of them.

I want to be an author; it's my dream. I write fantasy and adventure, because they're my favourite genres. I've never been very interested in poetry, though I have got one of them published in a competition. I was very pleased with myself. But, anyway, I love to read and draw; I'm constantly drawing pictures of my characters, or scenes from my stories.

Overall, I'm a happy writer who loves magical things. And wishes they were real. So, um, I hope I'll fit in here ^-^.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:18 am
Hi, I'm Christine. Gosh, I really don't know what to say beyond that. I'm a Junior in college studying biology. I hope to go to Veterinary School. Writing is very much a hobby of mine, but it would be the greatest honor in the world to be published. I want this so very badly. Anyone able to hook me up?  

fallenangel_Asha

elisapet

3,100 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:16 pm
Hey, I'm Elisapet (I don't want to use my real name, though I don't know why....) I'm usually a very nice person that likes getting advice. I'm very young, so my spelling isn't that great (and deslexia dosn't help, either), but I love writing. um... sweatdrop uh, I really don't know what else to say, so i guess that's it. Sorry about my spelling!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:11 pm

Claire.
Female.
Asexual.
I'm an eighteen-year-old freshmen at the University of Utah. I'm pre-English, not that you need to declare for an english major, but I have intentions of double majoring in something else. Maybe Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, Gender Studies, Women's studies, or Theatre. I have a lot of long-term goals to do and experience a whole lot of things, and I hope that soon I will get my certification (after attending night school, in addition to college) in office assistance, and eventually, go to a community college in Minneapolis for screenwriting, and technical writing.

I write plays, poetry, short stories, and am trying to exercise novel-hood. But I'm up for trying anything.
Postmodernism is one of my favorite genres/movements/philosophies, and sometimes I end up living it.
I'm overly empathetic, so often times I don't know who I am personally.
Thinking is a favorite pastime. And when I get going, I can't stop talking.

My interests are pretty far and wide, and I can read practically anything, as long as I don't get bored. I'm not easily offended. And I look forward to being more involved in an artistic and writing community.

: D

SLC Boy

Isaiah Moretti

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:19 pm
All day long I shall have fun . . .

Good morrow to ye all, I am Seriah Belacqua. (Before the question arises, my name is a compilation of two of my favorite book characters Seriah the narrator of Heavens Bones and Lyra Belacqua from The Golden Compass ) My RL name is Emily, I'm 17 and foremost I am a writer. Following closely after that is drama nerd, then music geek, then drama queen then Starbucks Barista and FINALLY student. I'm tucked up in the corner of Nowhere and Nothing (Located approximately 400 miles NORTH of Winnipeg, Manitoba) and I'm a total hopeless romantic.

At the moment, I'm working on a hackjob story that's basically three of my 'failed' novellas all rolled into one with a super-special storyline that I haven't figured out yet. I'll do my best to be active, but because the school year starts in 6 days, I'm trying to wean myself from the computer in order to do actual pen+paper writing.

Hope to get to know you all soon!

~SB~

. . . a writer's work is never done

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:31 pm
Greetings, fellow writers...Now onto feeling like I'm writing for a resume. ><;

You may all call me Ethan or E. whichever you prefer. I am nineteen years old and I am attending college, right now. I get on Gaia every day, at least once for a half hour or so. Depends on how exhausted from school and work I am.

My favorite authors are JRR Tolkien, Robert McCammon, Stephen King, and a few others.

My favorite poets/writers Homer, Poe, and Whitman.

I enjoy the blistering cold weather, I'm not one for heat. I tend to be extremely mature for my age, or so I have been told.

Anything else, you'll learn through my work most likely. ^^

iPoetic

1,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

cre8ive_ovadose

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:00 pm
Hey, I'm Emily but I prefer Em or Frank. I'm in high school and live in Australia which in my opinion totally sucks and I would kill to move 3,000 kilometres east to New Zealand, I love it there and I tend to write a lot better there too.

I write mostly stories but sometimes delve into lyrics and poetry. All of them are usually dark and depressing and some can be found on the arenas. I love writing stuff for teenagers at the moment. I'm basing most of my stuff around my character Bree who you'll hear a lot about from me ^L^ Most of the stuff I write about with Bree is in a likeness to Tabitha Suzuma - a British teen psychological writer.

Some of my other favourite authors are JRR Tolkien and Richelle Mead. If there's anything else you want to know feel free to ask

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:22 am
Um... -scratches head- Hello. XD My username (obviously) is Tragedi Snow, and I don't mind if you call me anything of that sort, or Lily. People typically call me Lily.

I write short stories and I attempt to tackle novels, though I go through a lot of mental torture finishing them once I get bored of it. xD I love rock/metal/alternative music, especially the angsty stuff. My favorite colors are black, purple, and green. Colors of a bruise! =D I like anime and manga, my favorite being Hellsing. I dislike Twilight because I honestly think Meyer is a horrible writer. neutral

I live in the USA... yeah... not going to say much other than that location wise, except that I'm in the middle of nowhere thanks to some kinda *COUGH*retarded*HACK* parents who thought it'd be amusing to say, "Hey, we live in the city. Let's cause mental trauma for our daughter and pack our things and head out to the country!" Gaaah!

Personality wise I'm pretty... uhm... quirky and weird. xD I'm both optimistic and pessimistic, it seems to shift from one day to the other. O.o I'm kind of loud and I outburst a lot, shouting random things at random times. I'm insomniac at night and narcolepsic during the day (Meaning, I hardly get any sleep at night time and in second hour class I pass out and get chewed out by a dinosaur named Mrs. Humphries). I seem really stupid at times, not noticing the obvious, but surprisingly I almost always get straight As and seriously give all of my friends heart attacks. xD The strange thing about that is I only pay attention during my English and Literature classes, everything else I learned passively. I'm the oddball of the class and family.

Is it possible to be both incredibly immature for your age and so-above your level at the same time? Because I have been told both... yes, I also have an ego. I like to brag. That's a rather negative trait of mine, so sorry if I offend you with my boasting. gonk

And I can't wait for winter. Summer drives me insane with sunburns and sweat and... gaugh. Bring me the ice storms!

Uhm, that was long. Sorry. I doubt anyone would read this, but I guess I just like typing. xD

-Tragedi

Violet Mascara

mixlemaxle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:26 pm
Hello. I'm Suzie, but you can call me Katherine. I want to publish a book before I die ( my bucket list ) and I want to do that before 2012. I started writing when I was 8, and I am NOT saying my real age.
I love poetry. I love all kinds of writing, really. I am currently writing two books, and a book that I'm maybe not going to finish.

That's..... pretty much all....
Thanks...

Fyrewalle rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:57 pm
My name here is Bryan, though i don't know you yet.
I love to read and write, but my corner stones aren't set.

So if you see me say hello, but if you don't, oh to the well.
Though as for who I am and what I mean, it's just easier to write a lot than to tell.

I''ll be honest if you'd ask me, and i won't flaunt your mind with lies.
So be quick, not to hasty, and receive an untimely surprise.

..Though bribery is acceptable, just as long as it's peach-honey cobbler pies.

Don't be afraid to ask a question, don't be afraid to ask for help.

The foolish are the careful, and the known are all but held within.
The faster you move to taste, the faster we would strive for end..  

Fyrewalle

petituu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:03 pm
Greetings! You may just call me Zero, my username, or Grey, whatever is easiest for you. My age is not important, and if you ask me I will most certainly not respond, so please don't.

My hobbies are writing, drawing, reading manga, reading normal books, watching anime, and simply thinking for hours on end without doing anything.

I'm currently a budding artist and writer who will definitely need some mentoring and critiquing. So please don't point and laugh and my work, because I'm just a beginner. I have a weird obsession with World War II, mainly about Germany and reading loads of books within the year.

I'm most certainly not a great plot writer, but I have a few ideas that I hope to share with you once I start actually writing (so no plagiarism.) Most of my work will most likely have something dark and depressing in it, so just a warning. My favorite genres are fiction, historical fiction (with or without fantasy), and fantasy.

Hmm... I'm running out of things to type. I have no favorite author and personality is very as you say unique.

I'll be honest in critiquing, but don't expect a high quality comment.

Thats pretty much it. I hope to make some new friends here (or not, its really up to you.)

Thank You!

-animefreak0000  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:47 pm
Aloha, Amigos, I be your newest addition, Evermore Reality. My name is actually Mary, but most of my friends call me Mother or Mother Evermore (I know, I know, random right?). I working up towards my first year in college, where I hopre to study Media Law (1st Amendment Right, online journalism, ect.) At the moment I work at a health club, making people coffee and smoothie drinks to basically undo everything they worked out for. I also happen to love irony. Like the fact that as I'm typing this, I'm at that stage in a cold where you aren't dying yet, but you know you will be tommorow and you can't do anything about it.

I'm also terribly long winded.

In reference to my writing, I am currently working on what, at last count, was seven novels. Two of them I hope to get published, but the others I will probably post for kicks and giggles so I can get good, strong critiques of my writing ability. No pressure, right?

I am also the captian of a writing guild myself, so I'm always looking for new ideas for monthly challenges and active, influential writers.

Evermore Reality

4,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Mumblekins

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:43 pm
Hi,

I'm new here, obviously. Um, I just graduated college in May, with a BA in English. I read a lot of old books in college, so I have a healthy appreciation for stuff written way-back-when, but it's very refreshing to read modern work, again. : D
Iiii'm currently working at a before and after school program at an Elementary school.
I'm also interning at a literary journal. It's small and messy, but I love it. :]

I've been writing for a very long time. I wrote my first "book" in kindergarten. It was a sequel to The BFG. I wrote it on construction paper, and bound it with string. It's probably my magnum opus, hehe.
Nah, seriously though, I mostly write modern fiction--for lack of a better term. I burned out on fantasy when I was in elementary and middle school, but that used to be all I wrote. x[
Now it's mostly character-based short stories (real world setting, although I like to add some magic touches--kinda Alice Hoffman style [not my writing style, but the amount of magic I like to use]), poems, and prose poetry.
I'm also working on a bunch of longer pieces, but they're trash fiction that sit in my documents folder and know they're never going anywhere. : D

And, uh, I've just written much more than I intended to.
Last things: I like critiquing other peoples' work, I also like just reading it.

Oh, a few writers I like, off the top of my head: Guatam Malkani, Hunter S. Thompson, Clive Barker, Alice Hoffman, E.M. Forster, Sylvia Townsend Warner, Barbara Kingsolver, Ross Gay, and a bajillion others.

Mmmmmm...yep, good, that's all. Hopefully I'll talk to you all a lot more, soon. :]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:16 pm
Hello,

I am Lottielight. I am currently tudying business at university in England. My escapes from the mania of assignments and exam preparations include writing small parts of stories and being here on gaia! I also love to read and recently read a trilogy by Brent Weeks and was one of the best reads I have had so far, couldnt put it down!

I play the piano and create banners on photoshop!

This is me! Glad to introduce myself, goodbye for now.

Lottielight

(sleep time! smile )

Lottielight

Beloved Explorer

7,600 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Announcements

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff