Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
How do you feel about straight pairings? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do straight pairings annoy you?
  YES OMG TOTALLY!
  Sometimes yes and other times no
  They dont bother me
View Results

baduhmtiss

Wench

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:27 pm
straight pairings are annoying, becuz the people never realize they like each other. And are always trying too hard, and then you're screaming at the tv/com cuz they would go so much better with someone else. razz STRAIGHT=LAME!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:46 am
I think the only straight pair I am ok with was on paradise kiss if you don't know the show look it up you may like it. (depends)
Other than that I usually am for boyxboy relationships  

J-Harushi

Emu_Blood

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:42 pm
like a year ago id watch nothing but straight couples romance but now im like 'i used 2 like this?????? no way!' lol  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:25 pm
Straight pairings don't really bother me all that much. It really depends on the anime and if the girl is really annoying. stare
But other than that I'm pretty okayy with it, though sometimes it can be annoying.

x-xForever-Damnedx-x

Zekai Rei

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:00 am
I actually I am not like that, my brother is. He is like, "Get away from that girl and go to the guy! C'mon you know you want to."
It gets really annoying after a while.
I do that with yaoi couples. I always say go for the other guy.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:14 pm
seeing a straight couple in an anime doesnt really bother me , because i have watched anime for a long time and up until i started watching yaoi , all there have been is straight couples . so i just ignore it , biggrin  

GaarafanGurl08

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Dude Looks Like a Seme

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:47 am
I just hate contrived couples of all types, but most often in anime (and really in a lot of fiction that has both straight and gay couples), the few actual cannon gay couples there are tend to be more sincere. Maybe it's because it's sort of a taboo and they kind of HAVE to REALLY like each other to go against society that much. Maybe it's just that most anime have this predictable "main character falls in love with the girl he protects" or "main female character falls in love with the guy who protects her" storyline that makes the writers say, "Who needs to make their love believable? They're the main characters. Of COURSE they get together."

I don't mind contrived slash couples as much because at least it's kind of... different from the mainstream contrived crap.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:16 pm
It doesn't really matter to me as long as it works in my mind... XD  

JeiMuze

Crystal Dragon Jesus

5,050 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:22 pm
I dislike pairings where the girl is useless. Y;know, she always has to be protected by the guy and never does anything herself? And that's like 80% of het pairings.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:28 pm
i dont actually care about most pairings, i only care if its about a pairing in an anime that i like. but like you said there are just some pairings that are intolerable. scream  

Kurushii V

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kashira Ka04

Liberal Perfectionist

5,900 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:55 pm
I usually am fine with straight pairings unless the girl/guy is a complete retard & does not deserve guy/girl. Then I'm looking for someone else to pair them up with & none of the chara are safe from my wrath~ XD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 am
Crystal Dragon Jesus
I dislike pairings where the girl is useless. Y;know, she always has to be protected by the guy and never does anything herself? And that's like 80% of het pairings.

this.

also, straight pairings are just kinda boring to me. /:

-PANDATUBE

deactivatedfedcba

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:53 pm
I feel the exact same way about straight pairings in general as I do about gay pairings in general. Sometimes they're done badly, sometimes they're done well. A pairing being straight isn't any different from a pairing being gay; it's what's done with it that makes a difference.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:14 am
Kashira Ka04
I usually am fine with straight pairings unless the girl/guy is a complete retard & does not deserve guy/girl. Then I'm looking for someone else to pair them up with & none of the chara are safe from my wrath~ XD

I agree with that, but it also depends what I'm watching or reading. Sometimes it's just those two belongs to each other and I start screaming when solution is different. To be honest, I watch more BL -related than "girl gets guy" based anime because I get bored easily when relationship isn't making any progress and most of the girls are useless.

Though, there is some BL what makes me angry for same reason. They're just waiting and wondering but in the end, I get solution what I wanted.  

Petit MuffinDoll

6,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

sayingallineed

3,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Informer 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:02 pm
straight pairings are okay
they get a little repetitive... and i find i love the risk of yaoi.ness
like they dont want to be discovered or unsure
cute ucte cute
and its much more danger vibe? i dunno but i love the naughty ness it is much more hot xD  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff