Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo 's Critters [Under Construction! (But still open)]

Back to Guilds

Tags: Nintendo, Critter, Mascot, Video Game, Friends 

Reply Boo's Graveyard [The place where dead threads go...]
Project Tektek: The Fourth Challenge! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are You Gonna Give It Your All?
  Hellz yeah!
  I could win this blindfolded!
  I'm so confused!
  I'll just sit back and watch.
View Results

Fairy Alchemist 96

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:11 pm
I have never seen Giga Primmy......and I don't think I want to.

And by the way,Nunatak,I shall scheme against you now.....you just wait,you'll get one huge scare,one of these days.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:47 pm
GeorgeStow
No.
Please, just NO.
Never ever ever ever want to see even a tiny glimpse of GIGA PRIMMY!

Green: I agree, but at the same time....curiousity has me temped....

Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen Giga Primmy in action xd  

Lilmagical_star

Sir Nunatak

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:08 pm
Fairy Alchemist 96
And by the way,Nunatak,I shall scheme against you now.....you just wait,you'll get one huge scare,one of these days.

Sure thing, lass, I didn't tell ye to bring it on for nothing. >D I stand by my challenges, you know.

As for the Crewing procedure, I'm a little... torn on that. I'm going to be honest and say that I think we really don't need more than 10 Crewmembers. A Crew position is a moderator position, and I think we have enough people to do that job and guide the other members.

I'd also like to say that you all don't need to be Crew in order to be liked or recognized as an awesome Guild regular, everyone.

I do however understand that some of you would really like to help the Crittendo cause and get some recognition for being an awesome regular around these parts, so I think we should come up with a way to enlist the help of awesome members without ending up with a Crew list of 35 people, which we really should avoid if we can.

How about the following proposal, we create like a squad of awesome Crew Assistants! It might not be an official Gaia title, but within the Guild, you would get full recognition for it. People can sign up and list their talents or what they like to help on, so that when an event or something is coming up, you can help us out on them! Do note that the main Crew remains the sole group to make big decisions and organize stuff, but you guys would still be of great help in matters that take sheer manpower, like advertising or helping during events.

Starfish on MSN:
Quote:
Caroline aka Star[fish] .:.:. Nekostar! zegt (04:29):
oh, you mean they would be slaves? xd
Star: why did you put this here? XD
Nunatak: Because it's fun? I like playing open cards with our members. >XD
Star: evil guy from Windmill Land, you! XD
Kou: Windmill Land. XD
Tak: Hey, a windmill a day keeps the Sky Pirates away!
Star: lol but... sky pirates? do ya mean terrorists? O.o XD
Tak: ..... Just check this comic XD http://truckbearingkibble.com/comic/2007/09/14/sky-pirates/
Kou: What about regular pirates?
George: Ninjas own pirates! And I found star's hidden message. Anyone else find it?
Star: lol Dutch humor? XP Arrgh shaddup George, pirates can kick ninjas' asses anytime they want! XD

No! They'd be our trusted and appreciated assistants! I'd never try to enslave our loyal members... right?

Sound good? I'm mainly looking at you, Primmy and Kou. Other Crew opinions are also wanted, though. And could the members settle for this title?

Give me some opinions!
George: Unfortunately, it seems to me that this is just giving members a title which doesn't really do anything. Like 'Management and Handling of Moblie Transportation Units' means shoving trolleys round Asda. Sorry about it, but that's just they way it seems to me. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:46 pm
I don't think we need any more crew member. Because, according to me, the crew we have for now is enough for a guild like Crittendo (a guild that could be way more active if people would actually post after joining stare ). I'm not even sure that we'd need crew assistants. It will be complicated for nothing ^^; But if we decided to have assistants, 2-3 max would be good, not more.

You know, being part of the crew doesn't give you any more power, popularity, nor Gaia gold. You're just a member with "crew" next to your name on the members list. Okay, you help making decisions of all kinds, but that's about it. I think the only thing that crewdom gave me is awesome friends :3 And you can make friends even if you are a regular member! So what's the big "whooooah" about crewdom?  

Lilmagical_star

Sir Nunatak

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:09 pm
I think Star pretty much summed it up right there. ^_^;

Also: I declare this the First Great Edit War of Crittendo. xd

Star: Woooooooooooohooooooooooooo!! XD
Kou: It's on like Donkey Kong.
George: Jeez, another bloody war? Ah well, bagsy English forces! We withdraw from the Middle East to post here in honour of Queen anhd COuntry and the possibility of Donkey Kong!
Green:Cool! I started a war! XD
Star: I'll contribute to this war! XD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:35 pm
hey me and primmy had the same idea  

Metal Malicious

4,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Zapatorf
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:39 pm
Lilmagical_star
You know, being part of the crew doesn't give you any more power, popularity, nor Gaia gold. You're just a member with "crew" next to your name on the members list. Okay, you help making decisions of all kinds, but that's about it.

Unless I'm sadly mistaken, the original reason I requested to be crew still stands against all those arguments. It's simple, really.

I want to be able to edit and delete posts in the RP threads. For example, a certain member has trouble with spelling, and wouldn't mind if I edited their posts to be more readable. Normal members can't do that. I would ask that you crew do it, but it's a lot of trouble to go to, and if I was crew, even for that reason alone, it would be easier on you.

I'm not in it for power, popularity, or Gaia gold. I just want to fix some spelling mistakes! XD
Card Queen: Hahahahahaha...... >D
Tak: What's funny? <.<;
Card Queen: He can't edit, I can. I LIKE TORMENTING MY VICTIMS!!
George: That biatch is mean.
Star: the Crit sisters will always continue to amaze me XP  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:29 pm
1. Fairy Alchemist 96 - 8, This is a nice lion avi.

2. GeorgeStow - 10, I love this one becaue because you kept the Lion traights while also incorporating other aspects of Leo like the colour red adn the sun. Well done!

3. Green-Green79 - 8, A good characterisation of Cancer's personality and good use of colours

4. rya12344 - 5, Sorry... it's just a bit... bland to me.

5. Zapatorf - 6, nice, but with the many poses of the corralus egg, it could look more "snakier"

6. Mechanical Dog - 7, Nice themed avi and I liked how it looks like she is carrying some water in the latern. But the element for Aquarius is air, where yours is more of a water avi and I also feel it should of been a male avi, due to the fact aquarius is often considered "masculine" Still good though

7. mattzere - 8 Nice Sheep avi, what made it an 8 instead of a 7 was the wolf and the cuts in the sheep, nice touch.

8. Primrose Moon - 7, It is a nice avi. And though I realise you don't know much about Saggitarius, it's element is fire so the blue doesn't suit so well and it is also considred masculine so maybe it should of been a guy. But still a good one

9. silas_wolf_demond - 8 A nice Centaur avi.

10. Lilmagical_star - 9, A very nice dragon avi, I love the extra sort of detail you put in, rather than just making it a dragon. Some gold would of been nice but that's not a big deal really.

11. Card Queen - 8, Very good effort at making your avi match the CD

Sorry if I have offended anyone sweatdrop  

Eggmond
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

6,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Zapatorf
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:26 am
And that's what happens when you submit an entry with a whiny sister in your ear... one year younger.

.... stare  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:16 am
I told you my entry wasn't modest,avert your eyes,young children,nobody wants to see a human lion with no clothes. 3nodding  

Fairy Alchemist 96

Card Queen

Fashionable Friend

4,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:32 am
@silas_wolf_demond: Primmy's gonna be sooooo mad....

@Zapatorf: Don't be sad, Zap. I really like yours! The hair is so... snakey. It's weirdly perfect.

@Fairy Alchemist 96: It's so wrong, but... so right. You are indeed brave, Fairy. Far braver than I.

@Eggmond: ......I'm not really one to complain.... or anything....... BUT..... should you really give full marks to someone that went over the budget..... just a mini meeny minor problem..... don't hate me.

I've watched some Top Chef and Project Runway and usually if they go over the budget it's in the store and they put stuff back. I'm trying to picture that in my head:

"We've gone over the budget!"
"We gotta put stuff back!"
"Put a tail back, we got no money. Put a tail back!"
"Look, we gotta go now! Put one of the tails back!"  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:42 am
Sounds to me like we just need to get one of the current Crew to spend more time in the Role Playing subforum. Though I greatly sympathize with your initiative, Zapatorf, I also find it a bit silly if we'd start to Crewify people because apparently no one's modding this one subforum so we'd bring in new Crew for that purpose.

Also, hey, it's not like we believe you're power/popularity-hungry person, that's not it at all. ^__^;

It's just that I sincerely believe that we should have sufficient moderators on our team right now to properly oversee Crittendo and it should be needless to appoint more.

If you have suggestions or wish to point out that one or several places aren't modded well enough, you can yell out to us and I would view it as the current Crew's responsibility to look into the problem. That, after all, is what we're here for.

To quote GlaDOS: "Thank you for helping us help you help us all." xd

Now, on to the ratings! Let's do this thing! XP

Lilmagical_star: 8/10: Gotta say I love this one. It looks really dragon-y (is that a word?) and the Langers are a nice touch... HOWEVER, it is slightly over budget now! XD Which is why it's losing one point.

silas_wolf_demond: 9/10: Probably my favorite this round, and it's nice to see that you've really made improvements in comparison to the last round. All I can say is that it really communicates saggitarius well to me.

mattzere: 7/10: Forgot that skin dyes were free, matey? With that or at least some of the animal imitating items we have here, I think you could have pulled off a better head for the sheep. The rest is pretty humorous, though, the wolf and the wound is a very nice touch.

Card Queen: 8/10: Oooh, this is very well done. I'm amazed that the Celebrity Date was of actual sincere use for once. I'm impressed, Gemma the Gemini.

Green-Green79: 6/10: Hmmm.... I'm really not feeling it... While I'd have to admit you did a good job at visualising someone with the qualities of a cancer, I think the focus of the assignment was more to visualize the zodiac itself. I'm not giving you a 5 because I'm not too sure about that. Either way, don't hate me Greenie. TToTT

Primrose Moon: 7/10: While this is still an alright saggitarius, silas made it look a lot more primal, elemental. This is good, but not super-great.

GeorgeStow: 6/10: Hmm... it's not so much a lion itself, but it does show some elements of the Leo. The fire reference and general colouring is decent.

Fairy Alchemist 96: 8/10: I chuckled a little. Indeed, that's far from modest! Then again, Leos can be rather flamboyant, so in a weird way it makes sense. I'm liking it, and that has nothing to do with being a Leo myself. XD

Zapatorf: 5/10: Ayayayayay... Zappy-boy, that could have been better. ^_^; I know that you probably can't turn into a full snake with the current items, but the shirt, pants and shoes don't look like a lot of careful selection went into them, and I do believe there would have been more potential there.

rya12344: 4/10: Looks like it could be a party character for Final Fantasy XIV or something, but it's no waterbearer to me. At least, I'm guessing that's the zodiac you're doing right here.

Mechanical Dog: 5/10: Goes a lot more in the direction of a proper Aquarius, but some of the accessories don't really match all that well or seem incoherent. And since this is a fashion contest at heart, that loses you some points. Not to worry, though! If you match your items a little better next round, I think you have potential.  

Sir Nunatak

Dapper Gaian

Fairy Alchemist 96

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:12 am
YES!People actually like this entry,go un-modest Leo the Lion:Human Form!

I'm a Leo too,Tak 3nodding

[edit]I just noticed that Star and George are over budget eek
Oh the pain crying

Leo's shall take over the world
Indeed we shall! :minimrgreen: Why doesn't minimrgreen exist?!?!?! He ought to! Get on it gaia!

Leos won't take over the word, they're too lazy.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:16 pm
Yeah, Star and George went over the budget limit, but I let it slide because it wasn't by very much. 3nodding

How about we just assign crew members to some of the subforums?  

Kouenki
Vice Captain

GeorgeStow
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:27 am
Did I?
Oh bugger.

EDIT: HEY WAIT!
CLICK ON MY ITEM INFOMATION! IT'S 33499! Nyha! scream
So my avi was only overpriced when the markiet suddenly rose for no reason! stressed
Smelly.  
Boo's Graveyard [The place where dead threads go...]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces